What's new

Bangladesh General Election : 2018

Trying to compare BD, a unitary state that is a world economic star now, with multi-ethnic Pakistan is incorrect to start off with.

BD territorial integrity cannot be under any threat as nearly everyone is Bengali Muslim.

Despite the fact it started independence 24 years after Pakistan, it has now surpassed Pakistan in GDP per capita and this is growing at 7% a year, while Pakistan is predicted to be 4% this year. Most organisations predict a steady decline in per capita growth in Pakistan over the next 5 years as well while BD holds steady.

There is simply no comparison to be made between the 2 countries.
Where did I dispute with the data?

I am saying that whatever progress you have right now may not be sustainable.. We had this kind of growth in Musharrafs era.. where we reduced the extreme poverty to acceptable levels..

You haven't reached there yet..

Plus, we have seen wars and refugees since 80s.. we have to spend a lot of budget on forces.. We can't sit in the lap of Indians..

There are a lot of differences.. but I can assure you, the moment US is out of Afghanistan and we have some peace on your western border, we will progress.. God has given us a golden opportunity to strengthen democracy and independent institutions.. we didn't have these in mid 2000s when we were progressing at a very fast pace..

Full respect to Bangladesh. I really hope they get free and fair elections and progress on to being a stable country. All this BNP v AML is not good for the country. The people of Bangladesh need to make new political parties and move on. An Independent Bangladesh was the dream of the Bangalis and what their politician promised them

I am saying that whatever progress you have right now may not be sustainable.. We had this kind of growth in Musharrafs era.. where we reduced the extreme poverty to acceptable levels..

Plus, we have seen wars and refugees since 80s.. we have to spend a lot of budget on forces.. We can't sit in the lap of Indians..

There are a lot of differences.. but I can assure you, the moment US is out of Afghanistan and we have some peace on your western border, we will progress.. God has given us a golden opportunity to strengthen democracy and independent institutions.. we didn't have these in mid 2000s when we were progressing at a very fast pace..

Just look at what respected magazines like Economist write about BD these days.
HSBC just published a report predicting BD would be the fastest growing major economy till 2030. Unless there is a major disaster/political turmoil BD growth is unstoppable.

I wish Pakistan well but your per capita growth of 4% this year is predicted to fall to 3% next. Without CPEC, Pakistan could be in recession now. BD is at 7% and is rising.
BD has been working for many decades to get it's growth rate to this level. It will take Pakistan a lot of time to get to where BD is at now. It does not happen overnight.

lol @ BD sitting on lap of Indians.
Fantastic economic co-operation is happening with India right now. BD will start to import hydro-power from Nepal and Bhutan and India will allow BD economic dominance over lagging West Bengal and the NE states. This can only help BD growth to hold steady for many decades if not accelerate from it's current level.

Just look at what respected magazines like Economist write about BD these days.
Loll.. where am I disputing? The same articles I can dig for your about Pakistan from mid 2000s.. I haven't read your full post bro.. sorry.. because you are not in a mood to understand what I am talking about (an entirely different topic)...
Anyway, go on with your sham democracy..

Same here, at the end of the day our people in all three countries of the subcontinent are poor, destitute and almost live the lives of animals deviod of any dignity. Uplifting of our people is the priority, I hope we all can find some common grounds to prosper together. The country has been divided into three but hopefully one day we can come up with something like an EU.
That ship has sailed long ago, amigo.

Loll.. where am I disputing? The same articles I can dig for your about Pakistan from mid 2000s.. I haven't read your full post bro.. sorry.. because you are not in a mood to understand what I am talking about (an entirely different topic)...
Anyway, go on with your sham democracy..

Mid-2000s? Few years of high economic growth due to debt forgiveness and aid due to "war on terror"?
BD has been growing at around 6% a year average for last 20 years.

Like S Korea, Taiwan, Singapore developed under one-party rule, so will BD under AL rule. Real democracy is only for rich countries. BD is not quite a one-party state as the general population can still kick out AL during elections, but they will not as they have never had it so good as regards electricity supply and general prosperity.

You are fundamentally trying to compare two completely different countries - one a unitary state(BD) and another a multi-ethnic state(Pakistan).

by the way......the youngest candidate from BNP and BD and ...........25 years, MBBS

View attachment 529514
1ywxov.jpg

I will let you onto a little secret:

I been wading through all the different takes, opinions and arguments for BD (as you can imagine) in many subjects (Esp economics and politics)...it is quite a fascinating country for me (even here - in a more extreme "feelings" nationalist defence setting etc).

I don't mind the bruises I get (and those I give back etc)...as long as I learn more in the end ;) and maybe some can learn from me....and I sift the men from the boys from the toddlers etc.

That is really the whole point of me being in this forum and certain subforums. I put in a more contextual way to @Joe Shearer here:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/west...-economical-stand.592453/page-9#post-11031981

The ppl I respect in the end, I do for various reasons (whether they agree or disagree with me is not important) because they can persevere and both compromise where it makes sense, but have a stiff resolve where that makes sense too. This balance is found in some members, but others not so much....generally it correlates quite well to how much they resort to repeated emotion rather than actual discussion etc...but some exceptions lie even there. A little humour/mocking etc.. is good and all from time to time...but when it turns the same old deep mean-spirited stuff, well it tells more on the person rather than the topic.

Really in the end I wish for BD, the exact same I wish for India, Pakistan and oppressed developing countries in general: to have politicians and leaders that serve their people....rather than other way around like it is mostly today. Really, about 99% of the serious problems faced (and even huge amount of the non-issues that people like to argue/bash with on internet) would evaporate. That to me is where true nationalism, patriotism...whatever you call it always has to start.

@bluesky @Mage @Al-Ansar @Tanveer666 @hellfire @The Ronin @Bengal71 @Vergennes @Avicenna @MilSpec @waz @Major Sam @Indus Pakistan @Hell hound @django @Jungibaaz @Desert Fox @Psychic @Mentee @Tps43 @Oscar @Chak Bamu
Agreed

I voted for Awami League today. Almost 90% voters of my area voted for Awami League. Today almost everywhere there is Awami friendly atmosphere. :bunny:

I voted for Awami League today. Almost 90% voters of my area voted for Awami League. Today almost everywhere there is Awami friendly atmosphere. :bunny:
Who was the candidate?

My best wishes for the same though I don't foresee that happening.

Back
Top Bottom