What's new

Bangladesh for sale – or already sold?

Oh, my bad.

Seeing how GoB manages the country (generally), I don't think they'd ever be built. Let alone working on any solution. Even with international support.

It'll take a miracle! :D

Sheikh Hasina's son, daughter and grandchildren are all in the US. Rehana's whole "gushti" is in the UK. If the future of BD doesn't affect them, why should they bother?

Sheikh Hasina's son, daughter and grandchildren are all in the US. Rehana's whole "gushti" is in the UK. If the future of BD doesn't affect them, why should they bother?

May they rot in hell :tup:

Nope. No 'shak', given that both are brain dead.

restless1.gif

When will that happen?

Apparently they have incurred great ill will amongst those out here.

Is it the same with all the people of BD?

Next election off course... The reason I say this, because Bangladeshi politicians still haven't grown the mentality to work for people so that they can stay for long terms. People gets irritated and tortured to the point by the end of the term that tey just want to kick the ones in power and look for the other alternative. In BD, with only two major parties, no wonder BNP could start dreaming about making a comeback to throne. In my opinion, this musical chair game will go on at least for another 10 to 20 years.

BNP should come to power so that they too can show what they can do for BD.

But as Leon said the seesaw seems to continue and in the bargain the people suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only a limited read on this section (mainly confined to military). But on politics, it usually takes a while for a nation or a leadership to evolve and mature....Usually, the leaders who have either struggled at first hand or have faced the consequences usually emerge as bestones....Bungladesh is now in that "transition" phase where the second generation comes in play which does not has drastic challanges faced by 1st generation of leaders...This generation takes things as "free lunch" and is usually more connected with "self interest" so is the nation, under this stage issues are gradually allowed or deffered to become challanges....which gives birth to a "re-born" leadership....I think being 40 Years post independence, BD is in that transitory phase....However, the hope should not be lost as eventually poeple will start to realize the importance of "collective self interest". Then there will be a real transformation, not something like "Arab spring" which some friends are referring to here, the circumstances are very different in BD than Arab region

BNP should come to power so that they too can show what they can do for BD.

I used to be a hardcore BNP supporter once.They hardly accomplished anything other than make some some economic progress.
At least Hasina engaged with the Indians and solved problems while the other unsolved ones were not her fault.But Mamata's drama is a sword the BNP has found and they will stick it deep inside Hasina and twist it with relish.I see a possible comeback for BNP in 10 years if not 5 years.

At least Hasina engaged with the Indians and solved problems while the other unsolved ones were not her fault.But Mamata's drama is a sword the BNP has found and they will stick it deep inside Hasina and twist it with relish.I see a possible comeback for BNP in 10 years if not 5 years.

That is true. However, Hasina has still some time left in her bag to alter the responses for her failure in certain aspects. I am personally a supporter of none...but within this time if Hasina can solve to a certain extent some major issues regarding Teesta (which they expect to occur within next 3 months!!), road-reconstruction and electricity...she will probably have her foot in for the next election.

BNP is facing internal conflicts and i feel they are politically weaker at present.

Cheers!!!

That is true. However, Hasina has still some time left in her bag to alter the responses for her failure in certain aspects. I am personally a supporter of none...but within this time if Hasina can solve to a certain extent some major issues regarding Teesta (which they expect to occur within next 3 months!!), road-reconstruction and electricity...she will probably have her foot in for the next election.

BNP is facing internal conflicts and i feel they are politically weaker at present.

Cheers!!!

Have you read what the Americans think of Tarique? Sheesh, it was nasty :lol:

It is partly because of Zia's sons that the party is slowly getting destroyed. It has become a toothless opposition hell bent on scoring cheap political points. Ziaur Rahman's vision is lost to greed.

Can't say about the AL. I suspect that as long as there is a country known as Bharot, then the AL will continue to thrive. The AL don't have that many supporters.

Joy becoming the future leader is a possibility and a very dangerous threat to Bangladesh.

Personally, I'd love to see both the BNP and the AL exterminated into oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom