What's new

Bangladesh fans blame Pakistan tour, Hasina for Australia pullout

What Isis doing in Bangladesh? It is expanding very fast to implement sharia law
To start a base in South and Southeast Asia perhaps? More Muslims live in this region than anywhere else in the world. Right now we can't really confirm if ISIS is behind this or not but, we shouldn't throw out the possibility either.

Why should we care what the bangladeshis think of us? They mean nothing and have no connection to us. They are free to say and do whatever they want in their own country.

Only cracker sure. Burning bus. Small scale shooting and hacking. These are monsters without teeth we are talking about. The boundaries are well fortified by two giant buffer region.

Libya and Tunisia also have a buffer in Egypt. Didn't help them much. IS now has franchises in Kenya, Somalia and Nigeria. Question is not of distance or buffer. If they find willing locals to ally with, they will spread fast, like a plague.

Libya and Tunisia also have a buffer in Egypt. Didn't help them much. IS now has franchises in Kenya, Somalia and Nigeria. Question is not of distance or buffer. If they find willing locals to ally with, they will spread fast, like a plague.

It is not possible in between non Islamic countries, if the native people dont want it. IS/other Jihadi groups infiltrates where the country has weak administration or sparsely populated, have remote areas. In our country we can hear who is talking what in the next room. Lol. I tell you the geography of BD, which is situated by two big buffer India and MM. And Bay of Bengal in the south. Navy is strong so nothing can enter from BoB. And India wont choose Jihadis over pro Bengali Gov to arm them and shoot who brings weapons from other side of border. Jihadis are in pathetic condition here.

Good job? Then why didn't you say Mashallah??
It looks like you are confused

Im not Jihadi supporter. Im saying they are maligning silently active jihadis whom were active here since the creation of BD. Pro Bengali gov came to power on expense of this Jihadis in 2009 when lots bombing happened and its helping them again now.

It is not possible in between non Islamic countries, if the native people dont want it. IS/other Jihadi groups infiltrates where the country has weak administration or sparsely populated, have remote areas. In our country we can hear who is talking what in the next room. Lol. I tell you the geography of BD, which is situated by two big buffer India and MM. And Bay of Bengal in the south. Navy is strong so nothing can enter from BoB. And India wont choose Jihadis over pro Bengali Gov to arm them and shoot who brings weapons from other side of border. Jihadis are in pathetic condition here.

Im not Jihadi supporter. Im saying they are maligning silently active jihadis whom were active here since the creation of BD. Pro Bengali gov came to power on expense of this Jihadis in 2009 when lots bombing happened and its helping them again now.

I just hope that your confidence about Bangladesh's resilience to IS is not misplaced. It would be tragic if IS were able to set a functional base there.

Good job? Then why didn't you say Mashallah??
It looks like you are confused

I think it was a lack of choosing appropriate words. From what he says elsewhere, I think he meant that a lot of Jihadist elements had silently encroached upon Bangladesh and IS is doing a good job of throwing the spotlight right at them.

1000% Bangladesh can never be Pakistan. Bangladesh will need another 100 years to get anything close to Pakistan.

Not Pakistan
Ever since fears of an Australian pullout gripped the country, the average Bangladeshi was swept up in an avalanche of conspiracy theories.:lol:

So much so, the ongoing tour by their women’s team to Pakistan has also been cited as a trigger point.

According to this theory, the so-called “Big 3” of world cricket – India, Australia and England – was against the tour, and had in fact pressured their board to kill the tour.

When that did not happen, Australia retaliated by jumping ship.

“It is a conspiracy,” wrote one Rony Takukdar in the readers’ comments section of Prothom Alo, a leading Bengali paper.

Arguing that the security situation in Bangladesh was not as bad as elsewhere, one Rezaul Karim said: “Remember, we are not Pakistan.”

Seconding him was one NK Rubel, who said defiantly: “no need to come...there are many country who want to play with us anytime... remember that we are not Pakistan.”

“Not Pakistan” was a line that found favour with most people, with Saleh Ahmed saying, “1000% we are not Pakistan.”

Bangladesh fans blame Pakistan tour, Hasina for Australia pullout - Sport - DAWN.COM

World cricketing community have discovered Bangladesh to not be the profitable venue they were expecting.

Pakistan has a much higher ceiling. Just get the security situation right and teams will be back touring.

World cricketing community have discovered Bangladesh to not be the profitable venue they were expecting.

Pakistan has a much higher ceiling. Just get the security situation right and teams will be back touring.

Pakistan and Bangladesh arent enemies. World communities seen Bangladesh as profitable place compared to West Indies or Zimbabwe.

If securities arent improved we two IS infested countries will only left behind to play each other.

Pakistan and Bangladesh arent enemies. World communities seen Bangladesh as profitable place compared to West Indies or Zimbabwe.

If securities arent improved we two IS infested countries will only left behind to play each other.

Good you are seeing the light. Now send your banglaboys to Pakistan for a tour and stop complaining about safety like little girls.

SA women's tour of Bangladesh postponed

South Africa women's tour of Bangladesh, which was scheduled for later this month, has been postponed due to security concerns, the BCB president Nazmul Hassan has said. South Africa women were supposed to arrive in Dhaka on October 15 to play five ODIs and three T20s.

The development comes four days after the Australian men's team also postponed their Test series in Bangladesh.

Hassan said a decision will be taken on the series after a discussion on the sidelines of the ICC meeting in Dubai next week.

"They [CSA] had wanted a security report but we thought it would be better to speak face to face in Dubai during the ICC meeting," Hassan said. "I think the terror alerts would be taken off by the next five-seven days. We also need to know what type of security plan they have in mind. Since both these teams are mostly free, it won't be a major problem to delay this series by a few days.

"To make sure they don't have a negative view, we need to sit with them rather than exchange emails. The series is temporarily postponed by mutual consent. They are not coming on October 15, and I think they will come a little later."

Hassan said he will ask the ICC for a solution to the problem of teams not willing to visit a country where there are isolated threats.

"We have to find a solution to play even when there are threats. I think Zimbabwe will come early for the Test series but I don't want to show the world or the people of Bangladesh that a team has visited. I want a permanent solution."

Mohammad Isam is ESPNcricinfo's Bangladesh correspondent. @isam84

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom