What's new

Bangladesh Army winter exercise.

In fairness, these are just winter "collective training" exercises. Twice a year, i.e. summers and winters, formations may get together to train. The formations in the plains, including in Pakistan, aren't necessarily training to fight at Siachen type of temperatures during these exercises. Our strike and holding corps conduct trainings in their respective areas of responsibility where the temperatures are more in line with what we see in Punjab/Sind during these months.

Who are they preparing for?

No one.

Orders from Delhi are that only training exercises will be performed and useless trainers and small arms shall be purchased.

Nothing more offensive to be purchased which may threaten India or unsettle dhoti crowd.

Being the dutiful "wife" - Hasina and BAL will comply.

Bro, no disrespect, but you just put late in front of automn and called it another season?
It's impossible to realize brother until you live in rural areas of Bangladesh during 1995/96 or earlier! Still 6 season as I said , but not as clear as old days!

However our ancestors enjoyed it very much.

It's only predominant in Bengali region ( Bangladesh and west Bengal) !

So technically before 1971 Pakistan had 6 season as well ( a part though ) as now India has 6 season ( west Bengal only as far I know) !

But tbh it's hard to explain! We don't have any season where you will find cold that's bellow zero degree, or can't find any season when temperature is literally burning you ( like Europe experience sometimes ) !

Also I heard that , Bangladeshi weather is similar to southern part of Florida!

Brother @fallstuff can confirm you , as he lives in Palm Beach ( from his profile) !

also @Bilal9 bhai can confirm you if he is residing there or visit there!

Last edited:
Those who think Tanks are useless in soft terrain of Bangladesh should watch this. T-59 durjoy MBT is running at mustard field in Tangail. Some 'defence expert' also thinks, Tanks can only operate in North Bengal, but here Tanks are running smoothly in Tangail, central Bangladesh. If Tanks can operate in Tangail then they can operate anywhere in Bangladesh.

Tangail isn't a soft land area per say. Geographically it's "Plio-Pleistocene Terrace deposits". Simply put they can take up more weight than the rest.

Type 69 MK IIG from 9th ID. Weight ~36 tons. It's in the light tank category if compared to Type 15 light tanks BA commissioned recently.

Last edited:
It's impossible to realize brother until you live in rural areas of Bangladesh during 1995/96 or earlier! Still 6 season as I said , but not as clear as old days!

So technically before 1971 Pakistan had 6 season as well ( a part though ) as now India has 6 season ( west Bengal only as far I know) !

But tbh it's hard to explain! We don't have any season where you will find cold that's bellow zero degree, or can't find any season when temperature is literally burning you ( like Europe experience sometimes ) !

Also I heard Bangladeshi weather is very similar to southern part of Florida!

Brother @fallstuff can confirm you , as he lives in Palm Beach ( from his profile) !

@VikingRaider Bhai Thanks for tagging me.

I don't live in Florida but what I hear the weather is indeed like that of Bangladesh. Warm and humid.

Ditto with Houston which is a sauna and a steam bowl. Quite hot and humid.

Southern California weather can get hot in the summer (above 90 deg F) but only for a few weeks. Rest of the time it is quite non-humid. and mid 70 deg F (21~22 deg Celsius), temperate and pleasant. Living near the Pacific Ocean is very enjoyable but it is indeed expensive.

That’s a formidable Force, imagine Pakistan and Bangladesh would have stayed together like Jinnah thought not like What happened. Bangladesh Army is a respectable Force. Love to see a strong Bangladesh.

No one.

Orders from Delhi are that only training exercises will be performed and useless trainers and small arms shall be purchased.

Nothing more offensive to be purchased which may threaten India or unsettle dhoti crowd.

Being the dutiful "wife" - Hasina and BAL will comply.

Oh be quiet, how much more bootlicking will you do?

You just applauded the exercise in the first post, now you undermine the whole thing?

Also I heard Bangladeshi weather is very similar to southern part of Florida!

Close to Bangladesh but occasionally it can get near 0 degrees Celsius,

That’s a formidable Force, imagine Pakistan and Bangladesh would have stayed together like Jinnah thought not like What happened. Bangladesh Army is a respectable Force. Love to see a strong Bangladesh.

Much appreciated brother.

We can blame RAW saajish and immaturity/selfishness of Yahya-Bhutto-Mujib nexus in 1971 for the current situation. They were looking out for their own narrow interests and not fifty years down the line at where Pakistan would stand. Very sad.

But for the future our objectives in both countries should be to bring our brotherly nations together economically and industrially. We have economic synergies in many sectors though we are competitors in some. We should trade with each other much more instead of Bangladesh being a loyal customer of Indian products which they hardly appreciate and backstab us the first chance they get.

Much appreciated brother.

We can blame RAW saajish and immaturity/selfishness of Yahya-Bhutto-Mujib nexus in 1971 for the current situation. They were looking out for their own narrow interests and not fifty years down the line at where Pakistan would stand. Very sad.

But for the future our objectives in both countries should be to bring our brotherly nations together economically and industrially. We have economic synergies in many sectors though we are competitors in some. We should trade with each other much more instead of Bangladesh being a loyal customer of Indian products which they hardly appreciate and backstab us the first chance they get.

I am proud of the people from Bangladesh, love to see this strong nation is progressing , when I see your Soldiers I fell like we have common routes, like cousins in a family, may be its in our blood, I have sympathy when I see your people, 90% of Bangladeshis who I meet were friendly towards me when Bangladeshis recognised me as Pakistani, at the moment I thought :” now they know your are Pakistani, they will hate you…” I thought so but never happened even they said its history now and its political fault as you said. Hopefully both nation’s overcome their issues and work economical and in military field more, in Musharraf Era there was huge progressive in this field.
Once we stood together in the year 1965 against a Foe, Soldiers from Bangladesh did fight and marched equally and gallantly shoulder to shoulder with Pakistani lines , a proud moment in our shared history.

Imagine Bangladesh troops would participate in Pakistan military parade, that would be equally as an earthquake in south Asia.

Last edited:
Currently Bangladesh Army is 10 divisions strong. All these Divisions are strategically located. For example, to prevent any Indian misadventure around their Siliguri corridor( Chicken neck corridor), Bangladesh army maintains 2 division troops at Rangpur and Bogura which are near to Chicken neck corridor. During 1971 war in that region, Pakistan army put up a stiff resistance with just 1 brigade troops against 1 division Indian troops which also contained an armored brigade. Things should be much better for defending side now.

Similarly, there are 2 divisions to prevent Indian incursion from north towards Dhaka, one division to protect Sylhet, two divisions to protect Chittagong and Chittagong Hill Tracts. A division in Cumilla to prevent Indian incursion from Tripura towards Dhaka. A division in Jessore to prevent Indian incursion from the direction of Kolkata. A divison in Barishal to prevent seaborne invasion from the South. So all these army divisions are very strategically located. The middle location and compact shape of Bangladesh will assist any reinforcement in any direction within Bangladesh much easier than Indian Army which will operate in almost two different war theatre at east and west side of Bangladesh barely connected by narrow Siliguri corridor.

Currently, Indian army deployed 10 divisions out of total 40 in Eastern Command region, mostly facing China. Rest of the 30 divisions are mostly deployed near Pakistan and Western China. India can not divert those divisions 2000 km east near Bangladesh due to their compulsion to guard against Pakistan and China. So, Bangladesh will be protected if it can achieve deterrence against Indian army Eastern Command.

The unwritten goal of 'Forces goal 2030' adopted by Bangladesh is to achieve parity with Indian Eastern Command both in manpower and weapons. Bangladesh army fulfilled it's goal of achieving 10 divisions with 3 new divisions raised in the last 8 years thus matching Indian army Eastern command in manpower, but weapon procurement is lagging behind. The most serious problem is Bangladesh Airforce which is in very bad condition. It is no match for Indian Eastern air command commanding Su-30 and Rafale.

Last edited:
Currently Bangladesh Army is 10 divisions strong. All these Divisions are strategically located. For example, to prevent any Indian misadventure around their Siliguri corridor( Chicken neck corridor), Bangladesh army maintains 2 division troops at Rangpur and Bogura which are near to Chicken neck corridor. During 1971 war in that region, Pakistan army put up a stiff resistance with just 1 brigade troops against 1 division Indian troops which also contained an armored brigade. Things should be much better for defending side now.

Similarly, there are 2 divisions to prevent Indian incursion from north towards Dhaka, one division to protect Sylhet, two divisions to protect Chittagong and Chittagong Hill Tracts. A division in Cumilla to prevent Indian incursion from Tripura towards Dhaka. A division in Jessore to prevent Indian incursion from the direction of Kolkata. A divison in Barishal to prevent seaborne invasion from the South. So all these army divisions are very strategically located. The middle location and compact shape of Bangladesh will assist any reinforcement in any direction within Bangladesh much easier than Indian Army which will operate in almost two different war theatre at east and west side of Bangladesh barely connected by narrow Siliguri corridor.

Currently, Indian army deployed 10 divisions out of total 40 in Eastern Command region, mostly facing China. Rest of the 30 divisions are mostly deployed near Pakistan and Western China. India can not divert those divisions 2000 km east near Bangladesh due to their compulsion to guard against Pakistan and China. So, Bangladesh will be protected if it can achieve deterrence against Indian army Eastern Command.

The unwritten goal of 'Forces goal 2030' adopted by Bangladesh is to achieve parity with Indian Eastern Command both in manpower and weapons. Bangladesh army fulfilled its goal of achieving 10 divisions with 3 new divisions raised in the last 8 years thus matching Indian army Eastern command in manpower, but weapon procurement is lagging behind. The most serious problem is Bangladesh Airforce which is in very bad condition. It is no match for Indian Eastern air command commanding Su-30 and Rafale.

Bangladesh needs an affordable fighter Jet, most probably from China. They should acquire more J-7 or J-10C.

“Bangladesh imports 36 F-7BGI aircraft from China to boost military supplies” is that true, if so what range the Radar has ans what type of air to air weapons can it carry ?

Last edited:
Bangladesh needs an affordable fighter Jet, most probably from China. They should acquire more J-7 or J-10C.

“Bangladesh imports 36 F-7BGI aircraft from China to boost military supplies” is that true, if so what range the Radar has ans what type of air to air weapons can it carry ?
Those F-7s are 3rd generation, outdated fighter jets. Only credible fighter Jet BAF now operate is 8 Mig-29 which recently upgrated to BM version(Belarusian upgrade analogous to Russian SMT version). Very pathetic condition of BAF.

Back
Top Bottom