What's new

Bangladesh Army raises new infantry division

BD should start purchasing small quantities of fighters now(1/2 squadrons of say SU-30) and then buy more later on when the funds are there. 1 billion extra is not too much for a 150 billion dollar economy

I have no idea what the idiots in Awami League are up to:pissed:

su-30, no...Ruskies aren't trust able with their stuff+high maintenance+they are partners of people who we are buying these to be most probably used against. should look out for Chinese stuff after say 5-year later and save for a huge procurement

we can use the pole vaulter excuse
kidding aside, it will take us ages to even have a air force that can properly deter them so a significant number of SAM is needed. this is where we turn to US for some sweet stuff, but that seems like a distant dream now since hasina already declared them razakars

BD should start purchasing small quantities of fighters now(1/2 squadrons of say SU-30) and then buy more later on when the funds are there. 1 billion extra is not too much for a 150 billion dollar economy

It's not just the money that is the issue. Financing such a big and complex deal should not be an issue if all are committed to the matter.

It has mainly to do with the commitment from top levels of the government. I suspect that this AL-led government would never procure advanced warplanes in significant quantities.

Sure, a military would have its own requirements list, but commitment from the government really do matter.

Also, expect the retarded media like Prothom Aloo/The Daily Fart to cry foul over such deals. Sadly, most Bangladeshis would say: "Why do we need these?"

Lack of acknowledgement and poor awareness among the public are also to blame.

su-30, no...Ruskies aren't trust able with their stuff+high maintenance+they are partners of people who we are buying these to be most probably used against. should look out for Chinese stuff after say 5-year later and save for a huge procurement

That is a good point.

But then they would be very useful against Myanmar and BD can't really wait another 5 years without 4th generation fighters.

IMO, BD should have sold the Mig-29s, never have brought those F-7BGI as they are a waste of money and focused on buying 2 squadrons of Su-30 and 4 squadrons of J-10B between 2012-2016.

That would have been affordable(with favourable credit terms especially from China) and the air-force would have been balanced between heavy/light-weight fighters and also BD would not be relying entirely on Russian aircraft when the major enemy is India.

It's not just the money that is the issue. Financing such a big and complex deal should not be an issue if all are committed to the matter.

It has mainly to do with the commitment from top levels of the government. I suspect that this AL-led government would never procure advanced warplanes in significant quantities.

Sure, a military would have its own requirements list, but commitment from the government really do matter.

Also, expect the retarded media like Prothom Aloo/The Daily Fart to cry foul over such deals. Sadly, most Bangladeshis would say: "Why do we need these?"

absolutely. the crowd goes crazy. i really can't blame the govt much

I also suspect that the Indian-dadas said no to the Awami League:lol:

There is enough money in BD now, so there is no other good reason why the BD government has not at least started the process of building a 4th generation-based air-force.

There is enough money in BD now, so there is no other good reason why the BD government has not at least started the process of building a 4th generation-based air-force.
dadas get heart attacks even when we fit them c-802. very understandable. as much as i admire BNP for going against bharat, they fail on the section of arm procurement and even speak against it. i heard that military is much happier now with all these projects and weapons

That's because their generals are very fearful of air-power. Ask them about Pakistan Air Force during their past engagements. That fear is what propelled them to get the Su-30, and advance it to MKI standard. And yes, it is very heavy and a BVR truck.

dadas get heart attacks even when we fit them c-802. very understandable. as much as i admire BNP for going against bharat, they fail on the section of arm procurement and even speak against it. i heard that military is much happier now with all these projects and weapons

Apart from the air-force, both the army and especially navy is getting major new weapons so it is not all bad.

If the BNP gets into power, it will be interesting to see if they make a serious effort to modernise the BD air-force as currently, even a strike by aircraft from one of the north-eastern airfields in India could obliterate a major part of the BD air-force.

That's because their generals are very fearful of air-power. Ask them about Pakistan Air Force during their past engagements. That fear is what propelled them to get the Su-30, and advance it to MKI standard. And yes, it is very heavy and a BVR truck.

Psychological warfare is a very powerful and an underestimated tool.

In your opinion, would the Russians sell SU-30 to BD if requested as I really think 2 squadrons of that fighter would be very suitable for BD, especially against Myanmar and to provide support to the BD Navy over the Bay of Bengal?

Apart from the air-force, both the army and especially navy is getting major new weapons so it is not all bad.

If the BNP gets into power, it will be interesting to see if they make a serious effort to modernise the BD air-force as currently, even a strike by aircraft from one of the north-eastern airfields in India could obliterate a major part of the BD air-force.

A

their fishbeds are are enough to gain air supremacy over us for god's sake!!!

In your opinion, would the Russians sell SU-30 to BD if requested as I really think 2 squadrons of that fighter would be very suitable for BD, especially against Myanmar and to provide support to the BD Navy over the Bay of Bengal?

i suspect that India can halt any kind of deals such as that if they really want to.

@jaunty First off, if you are going to troll and attempt to derail the thread, at least try to be more rational and coherent with what you have to say as per the topic.

Secondly, it is not that we are going to war with India or something. Our discussion is about the BAF not having a sufficient number of warplanes to keep the airspace secured. This region is not the most stable in the world, so we can never be too careful. And no, we are not going to 'outsource' our national security to anybody.

And thirdly, if you are going to ask about our 'imaginations' about AL's relations with India, then perhaps you can clarify as to why the Felani trial get restarted all of the sudden in the relevant thread where I had inquired.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/278228-felani-road-google-map-6.html

And then we may start off somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jaunty First off, if you are going to troll and attempt to derail the thread, at least try to be more rational and coherent with what you have to say as per the topic.

You are being unfair but I'm not going to cry for your mercy. I understand that "jiski lathi uski bhains". :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Su-30 is very sophisticated. Before buying air force have to assure that they can fly it perfectly. Otherwise there is no mean of spending that much money.

Well we all would be happy to have SUs in our inventory. But lets get real! It aint coming anytime soon. As more focus is laid on army and navy, we should obtain more AA capabilities in these forces..like as much as we can. Just for the sake of it, 4 FM-90s aint enough. Lets get the BUK purchase going, along with other relevant equipments as well.

Its sad how no one took air forces seriously in these many years.

Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom