What's new

Bangladesh Army following model of Pak Army

Hmm I wonder why indians are having issues with this news :rolleyes:

It's their country let them do what they want

It's a very very dangerous trend. Open this pandora's box and you will live to regret it. Most importantly, not be able to close it. Let soldeirs do what they are supposed to do- guard your country. If someone wants to be in business, let him retire from service and then do it. NEVER at any time else. Right now they pak army even skims off some drugs cash- you want to see your army do that?

First of i dont know why some of the members are making an issue of my comment here....my motive of writing that was to thank Pakistan as they helped us supply machines and stuffs at a quicker pace to start the cement factory....dont forget, this is also contributing to our economy....

However, FYI, the cement factory in question is being run/managed by retired officers itself and not active duty personnel....and there is no clash of interest as well between both the entities ie. civilan and military as they have always been side by side of each other....

You, nor even me can deny the fact that there is no 'crime' like skimming off money in any armed forces....we need to look beyond that to initiate a decision that could be more beneficial....

Cheers!!!

The finances are under the control of the civilians. However for retired officers and soldiers, the Army has a structure in place to take care of their own. Its a self sustaining enterprise that does not require public money to keep it afloat. This enterprise is run by retired officers and employs retired personnel.
Even if it has a tertiary allegiance to serving people or has serving members in oversight groups it's a problem. A huge one. Two retired officers starting their independent business is ok as civilians- Allowing OTHER institutions/banks to give loans or financial assitance at attractive rates is OK.. A structured division designed to 'take care of all/many retired personnel' through ownership of commercial establishments, even if largely run by retired officers- problem.

You are talking about conflict/clash between civilian and army interest.

I'm thinking that - is there really any serious record of this type of conflict in BD. I think interests of both are going always progressively, nicely and separately without clash.

As I said its a principle and a potential problem for any country where armed forces run businesses. I don't know about bangladesh, but thats not what I'm saying.

Well....lets take a look at the the side....such 'business ventures' may work out to be good for an army that is always short of cash to make procurements and has limitations....and in a way, it is helping reduce govt. expenditure on aspects such as pensions....raising money to maintain armed forces and simultaneously improving it is not an easy task, especially for countries like us....hence, i see less harm in such activities, but that is just me....

However, just for knowledge....have Indian Army undertaken such ventures anytime....??

Cheers!!!

BD, the army is not printing money, they are taking up business opportunities that could have been done by private or even govt sector (where private investment is missing and govt needs to push the sector). So there is no net + for the country, however a potential net -ve as the army may tend to make sure its businesses are always profitable, by using unfair means and influence (monopoly / killing off competition / coersion)

Abt Indian army having undertaken businesses, i don't know, its possible, but i'm dead against that too. Army should do their job of defending the nation, the civilians should do their job of proving for the army, the population should do their job of electing the civilian govt.

Military running profit oriented business, however noble the reason be, may create an alternative power source, which is detrimental to democracy.

It is not at all a coincidence that democracy is still struggling to get a foothold in Pakistan.

It is sad that BD is willingly risking its own democracy.

It's a very very dangerous trend. Open this pandora's box and you will live to regret it. Most importantly, not be able to close it. Let soldeirs do what they are supposed to do- guard your country. If someone wants to be in business, let him retire from service and then do it. NEVER at any time else.

did u read any of the replies? theres a difference between active and retired personnel

Right now they pak army even skims off some drugs cash- you want to see your army do that?

now you're just being a troll.....

but do enlighten me with where you get your infos from, i'd love to read more about it :lol::rolleyes:

good for them :smokin:
good for bangladesh :smokin:

subcontinental people have a slave-ish mentality
they dont deserve democracy

technocratic military dictatorship ftw :sniper:

:victory:

Military should stay out of business....This shena Kollan of Bangladesh is a corrupt institution that uses her power for the wrong reasons. One has to learn how these morons acquire military plots for officers. These guys even run the biggest hotel in Bangladesh with a golf course. Our military is utter useless organization which gets its *** kicked by BDR.

Back
Top Bottom