What's new

Bangladesh Airforce inviting tender for 8 MRCA

Only 30? You are underestimating the Indian potential to disintegrate. In 1947,there were 565 princely state within the current border of India!! Those states were hurriedly glued togather by the marwari rat Vallabhbhai patel by using expired superglue.:P
So, do not expect it to last long.:P

:rofl:

so are these 8 maritime fighters gonna be operated by AF or the Navy? as far as i know su-30mk2 is the maritime strike version. but were we not buying the su-30sme?! i'm confused now..... o_Oo_O

Wikipedia wrote the following:

"Bangladesh Air Force issued a tender to procure eight multirole combat aircraft (MRCA) in February 2017. The MRCA will be a twin–engine aircraft with electronically scanned array radar, minimum eight hardpoints, and a minimum ferry range of 2,500 km. It will be capable of performing air defence, counter air operations, anti-surface and maritime strike missions. Mikoyan MiG-29M, Mikoyan MiG-35, Sukhoi Su-30, and Sukhoi Su-35 are the top contenders for the MRCA tender".

The citation says of BAF. But, other links say the BN to be the end user. If so, then the version could be SU-30SME, I guess.

Last edited:
1. MiG-35 does not meet the technical requirements of BAF. Gone.

2. Su-30MK2 is not in production by KNAAPO. Gone.

3. Su-35 has not been exported to at least three countries yet. Besides Russia would provide those if BAF purchased MiG-35s as well. Gone.

4. So remains the Su-30SME. Its coming as far as the Russian manufacturer we spoke with told prior to the tender opening on 27 April 2017. Hopefully they are right.

source :bdmilitary.com

There is no detail on the names of destination/source countries.

Ok so you didn't even read the report details. I'm not going to spoon feed you them. There are plenty of examples of India investing in oil fields and other resources. One such example of this outside of the report:

https://www.rt.com/business/350625-russia-india-investments-cooperation/

You don't even know the main line of argument to use to counter the external FDI stock level of India in the first place. You are out of your depth sonny.

Bound to retire already ain't it? 6k is supported airframe life isn't it? On those particular airxraft.

Yah retirement life is around that for the older airframes....though I have heard can be around the 7k hours life too.

Back
Top Bottom