What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Only part of the US administration was against BD in 1971 but they immediately recognized in Jan 1972.
On the other hand it was China which were against us till 1974.
It was western model in development brought us this far. We received all the money in grant and loan from west only. Where do you think Grameen, Brac got their money. Where do think we got money for universal primary education for free? Where do you think we got money for immunization and primary health care? Stop living in denial.
The money they gave us are minuscule compared to their economy. So they probably forgot boasting about it.
good points

Old News but posting it again

Hasina announces new air bases to strengthen air force
Sumon Mahbub, from Jessore, bdnews24.com
Published: 31 Dec 2017 01:12 PM BdST Updated: 31 Dec 2017 02:26 PM BdST

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has announced the construction of two new air bases in Barisal and Sylhet to strengthen and improve the capability of the Bangladesh air force.

Hasina made the announcement during a speech in Jessore on Saturday after inspecting a parade by new officers at the Air Force Academy.

We are in the process of establishing two new air bases in Barisal and Sylhet,” she said. “I believe this will make the Bangladesh Air Force stronger.”

Multi-role combat aircraft, advanced troop aircraft, modern basic training, helicopters, jet trainer aircraft, simulators, unmanned aerial vehicle systems, long and short range air defence radars and medium range surface to air missiles will also be incorporated into the air force soon, she said.

Prior to her speech, the prime minister presented medals, certificates and flying badges to the new officers.

“The members of the air force must always be ready to serve the country in addition to protecting our freedom and sovereignty,” Hasina told them.

https://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2017/12/31/hasina-announces-new-air-bases-to-strengthen-air-force

N.B- Dont make me AL fan but since she is in charge of defense ministry give it some value lol. She should know better than us and Facebook generals and she made this announcement in front of current and future BAF officers. Just some set back doesnt mean they have sited idle and clapping seeing MAF purchasing those all kind of jets.

#SAMI | Bangladeshi delegation, represented by delegates of Bangladesh Air Force, visited #PAS19 to discuss business opportunities.
64437244_391335671478125_5337113300461158400_n.jpg

I understand your frustration. We have some logical reasons to be frustrated. People are more frustrated because some facebook generals always publish some fake news of mrca procurement on a regular basis which increased peoples hope and next day they become hopeless when they knew the truth. Rohyngya situation and russia,india,chinese back for myanmar was beyond our thinking and it was beyond expectations of our military establishment even. It was a nice lesson for us as we,our military and diplomats know now we have no friend. I wont keep our army and navy behind of Burmese forces, If its not more then its even. I dont know what BAF would have achieved if they would purchase same jets like su 30 or jf 17. As you see you cant beat them in numbers, then you must go for something they wont be able to procure. Did people ever thought that BAF would purchase 5xc130J and would get them delivered within this year, that so fast? No probably. Bangladesh Air Force took a mature decision to wait at that time.

BAF are building hangers and 2 airbases in barishal and sylhet for something big. Not just to host F7 BGs.

Well as i said before not all of his news were hoax. When he said BAF delegation inspected J-10, some PDF members mocked me specially idune for sharing the news and photo here. He was the one raised the EFT topic first. Even the C-130J purchase. But that's not important here. What made me curious is that bold red line. I already said no matter how many lessons we take from India, China, Russia or USA, at end we will still knock on their door. Sure we are building two new bases and new shelters. But that doesn't mean every one of them will shelter EFT, does it? BAF will only buy 1/2 squadron of them. You will still need a Russian or Chinese fighter jet as backbone of BAF's future fleet anyway and also for maritime strike role. And that is lot different than buying five second hand c-130 at cheap price.

Last edited:
As much as all of us like to give BAF the benefit of doubt the fact is it has no doctrine. Its leadership is poor and it is not fit for purpose. An airforce that gets wiped out by a storm because they can not be bothered to move aircraft is really not an airforce.

BAF is the joke of the region. I fundamentally believe it needs to disbanded, its assets assigned to BA as its logistics arm and for us to start again.

The Rohingya debacle did not prove anything that was not already known. Who here was suprised by the turn of events as it relates to india and china?

Has BD learned anything from it.....not a single thing. Has it lead to realignment in strategy in any manner....no not at all. Will BAF continue to pretend it is competent force....yes by prioritising the creation of an aerobatics team.

Only part of the US administration was against BD in 1971 but they immediately recognized in Jan 1972.
It was western model in development brought us this far. We received all the money in grant and loan from west only. Where do you think Grameen, Brac got their money. Where do think we got money for universal primary education for free? Where do you think we got money for immunization and primary health care? Stop living in denial.
The money they gave us are minuscule compared to their economy. So they probably forgot boasting about it.

You nailed it bro. Not to mention that US and European are feeding Rohingya.
One more thing Israel recognized Bangladesh in 1971. Bangladesh rejected bilateral relationship with Israel to join OIC which is now a lesbians organization. Now Israel have fantastic relationship with Myanmar. Saudis, UAE, Turkey, Egypt, Oman, and Qatar. Israeli PM even visited Oman. Israeli supplies arms to Oman, Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Fantastic outcome for Bangladesh!!! Specially when Israel supplies arms to Myanmar.

Alright gents, after 452 pages of huff, puff and this and that, my question is: are we getting any fighters anytime soon? :rolleyes:

#BAHExclusive | FATTY HAS ARRIVED | GETS A SPECIAL FLY PAST AND WATER CANNON SALUTE BY AIR FORCE | The first C-130J Super Hercules (S3-AGE) of Bangladesh Air Force has just landed 15 minutes ago at Dhaka Hazrat Shah Jalal International Airport! She was given a special fly past and a water cannon salute upon her arrival at BAF Base Bangabandhu. A special ceremony is being held there for the arrival of the C-130J in the presence of the Defence Minister and Air Force Chief.

She was ferried from Cambridge, England via Greece and Muscat. Four more C-130J series are on order and the next 'Fatty' is expected in September.

© Photo: M Shahriar Sonet

69454494_781550308929511_74014651720925184_n.jpg

69262097_2380177442030768_1556411885107019776_n.jpg

69075107_2380134312035081_3336133898915545088_n.jpg

69075574_2380187792029733_3170369120730349568_n.jpg

PC-DTB

69168862_474434346467606_3323662391924752384_n.jpg

69182140_781550298929512_4247794291503529984_n.jpg

69140930_781550358929506_1908532923443707904_n.jpg

Last edited:
I guess not.

WTH is going on????

I think we know what is going on.

BAF messed up back in 2017 with the tender where only SU-30SME could have won. Russia of course jacked up the price that BD did not want to pay.
Then add in the Rohingya fiasco and BAF got nervous about Chinese support against Myanmar.
After all this we have US sanctions on Russia and the Russian/Chinese options seem a bad idea.
BAF is now most probably looking at Western options(hopefully Gripen E) but we are unlikely to see a contract signed before 2020.
What could have already happened is an order for J-10C which would be the ideal fighter to counter India. This has not happened due to incompetence and BD not taking the Indian threat seriously.

Finally the money is available, BD needs to put in place a competent BAF leadership that will build a formidable BAF by 2030 as per "Forces Goal 2030".

Also.....

http://www.newagebd.net/article/82677/baf-chief-off-to-russia

BAF chief off to Russia

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka | Published: 00:00, Aug 27,2019

Chief of air staff of Bangladesh Air Force air chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat left Dhaka for Russia on Monday on a six-day official visit.

During the visit, BAF chief would attend ‘The International Aviation and Space Salon (MAKS-2019)’ Air Show, said an ISPR press release.

He will also call on with chief of Department of Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation of Russia and exchange views on bilateral issues.

Besides, he will meet with the high officials of reputed Russian Industry ROSOBORON EXPORT and Aviation Corporation IRKUT in the Air Show and discuss on professional matters.

It is expected that this visit of chief of air staff will help accelerating the process of inducting modern arms, ammunitions and technology in BAF and play an important role for strengthening the existing relationship between Air Forces of Bangladesh and Russia.

https://www.defseca.com/systems/baf-stepping-in-to-the-future-with-ef2000/

I tried to cut and paste the article but it wouldn't let me.

How reliable is this website?
Mostly fart piece.

Also.....

http://www.newagebd.net/article/82677/baf-chief-off-to-russia

BAF chief off to Russia

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka | Published: 00:00, Aug 27,2019

Chief of air staff of Bangladesh Air Force air chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat left Dhaka for Russia on Monday on a six-day official visit.

During the visit, BAF chief would attend ‘The International Aviation and Space Salon (MAKS-2019)’ Air Show, said an ISPR press release.

He will also call on with chief of Department of Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation of Russia and exchange views on bilateral issues.

Besides, he will meet with the high officials of reputed Russian Industry ROSOBORON EXPORT and Aviation Corporation IRKUT in the Air Show and discuss on professional matters.

It is expected that this visit of chief of air staff will help accelerating the process of inducting modern arms, ammunitions and technology in BAF and play an important role for strengthening the existing relationship between Air Forces of Bangladesh and Russia.
Pleasure trip. Nothing serious.

Mostly fart piece.

Pleasure trip. Nothing serious.

I would tend to agree.

But I did post this January how I met with a family friend who is close with a US legislator. I suggested he discuss BD purchasing US weapons and he told me those discussions were already going on.

And then we have these little bits of info out in the public.

Point is, the US seems interested.

The problem is the morons in Bangladesh who think too much about this.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom