What's new

Bangladesh Air Force delivery

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Don t have actual news, PAF delivered lots of old chinese MIG15,19,6s to Bangladesh for free ?..any clue why PAF did that?...Because lots of African and south asian countries (Srilanka etc) were interested in those planes.

Hi,

If pakistan did that then good job. At least Bangladesh would have teeth.

yes its a confirmed news that PAF gifted some old F-6 to BAF. its mainly due to some streatigic importance of bangladesh.

i think if this happened it was a good move by the Pakistani establishment. We should look towards furthering our mutual interests and a strong Bangladesh which is allied with Pakistan is in our interest.
WaSalam
Araz

Wing Commander shahab now retired Air Cdre he was the first person to fly the F-6 to Bangladesh. Unfortunatly most of them were destroyed in the floods I think I have a photo around in which the F-6 is upside down floating in water.

Mr Murad, Indeed most were sestroyed due to floods but what was the route to BD? Over Sri Lanka?

Sorry my friend it took me time to get your answere cleared by ---.

ok the first one was refuled from chaklala flew to a base in china no name and than it landed at another base in china no name from there it went to Napal refuled and landed in Dhaka.
AHQ realised that sending planes like this will not work so we decided to send the whole lot on ships. They were resembled in Chittagong with the help of wing commander Gul now retired AVM serving as Director engg PIA. F-6s were than flown by Wing Commander Shahab and delivered to Dhaka.

You have got to be kidding me! I have yet to see a credible report citing PAF 'gifting' F-6 and other retired fighter jets to BD. This type of rumour created hype is ridiculous!

You have got to be kidding me! I have yet to see a credible report citing PAF 'gifting' F-6 and other retired fighter jets to BD. This type of rumour created hype is ridiculous!

Beta I have never lied in my life, well there was a time when I said I love you and got grounded for life:lol: .
Sid I know you are not saying that I am lying, just call the Dir of ENGG PIA in Karachi. The F-6's were distroyed by the floods and now they are bambood infornt of every major city and official building in Dhaka, chittagon.
Sid please send me your e-mail through PM , I have the photos of F-6s in dhaka and after getting them you can post them on this thread, I dont know how to attach photos in a thread can you do it my friend.

plus another thing somethimes GOP does'nt want to talk about it. but after the floods they showed the F-6's upside down in a pool of water and they said it on National TV that most of the migs were on the tarmack infront of there Flight Operations and we never got a chance to move them only a few were saved.,

I believe words such as 'beta' are not the stuff of professional discussion.

Contrary to what you have said thus far, NO F-6 was 'gifted' to Bangladesh AirForce! One squadron was SOLD to them while the rest that they had were bought directly from China itself.

Beta I have never lied in my life, well there was a time when I said I love you and got grounded for life:lol: .
Sid I know you are not saying that I am lying, just call the Dir of ENGG PIA in Karachi. The F-6's were distroyed by the floods and now they are bambood infornt of every major city and official building in Dhaka, chittagon.
Sid please send me your e-mail through PM , I have the photos of F-6s in dhaka and after getting them you can post them on this thread, I dont know how to attach photos in a thread can you do it my friend.

plus another thing somethimes GOP does'nt want to talk about it. but after the floods they showed the F-6's upside down in a pool of water and they said it on National TV that most of the migs were on the tarmack infront of there Flight Operations and we never got a chance to move them only a few were saved.,

Send me the snaps i would like to see them.

The usual arrogance of Indian posters. Send me... I would say, please send me...

Anyway, it is a well known fact that they were flooded so let them do their own research mr Murad.

I can second that too. PAF transferred F-6s as well as some T-37s (with US approval) to BAF. There is mention of the F-6s at Wiki too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Air_Force

I am not sure if the T-37s were eventually transferred or not, but F-6s definetly went to BAF (this is before F-6s were retired from PAF service BTW)

Sorry my friend it took me time to get your answere cleared by ---.

ok the first one was refuled from chaklala flew to a base in china no name and than it landed at another base in china no name from there it went to Napal refuled and landed in Dhaka.
AHQ realised that sending planes like this will not work so we decided to send the whole lot on ships. They were resembled in Chittagong with the help of wing commander Gul now retired AVM serving as Director engg PIA. F-6s were than flown by Wing Commander Shahab and delivered to Dhaka.

One needs to fly over India when coming from Nepal to Bangladesh .
secondly there is no source provided. Hard to believe.

Back
Top Bottom