What's new

Bangabandhu Tunnel Bangladesh: Govt fixes Tk.200 for car toll

He is an idiot BNP shill.

I am surprised such a high toll rate is viable. It shows there is a demand for a quicker route.

It means the cost will be recovered quickly.

And should encourage investors to pour even more money into big infrastructure.

I do not think other south Asian countries would get away with such high toll rates.

There would be riots in India.
According to the Road Transport and Bridges Ministry, a total of 5.67 million vehicles used the padma bridge from Jun 25, 2022 to Jun 24, 2023, and the revenues generated by the bridge totaled over 8 billion taka (73 million U.S. dollars).

Bangos are not even collecting the interest on the $4 billion they spent on that bridge.

India's toll collection is very high (over 55000 crores a year) even with low toll rates because of number of vehicles on Indian roads.

All this infra is wasteful for country with no significant vehicular traffic. Dhaka is filled with rickshaw pullers, is a great means of transport.

Last edited:
He is an idiot BNP shill.

I am surprised such a high toll rate is viable. It shows there is a demand for a quicker route.

It means the cost will be recovered quickly.

And should encourage investors to pour even more money into big infrastructure.

I do not think other south Asian countries would get away with such high toll rates.

There would be riots in India.

Bhangi Indians commenting on a Bangladesh infra thread is like Beggars commenting on qualities of fine wine and caviar.

They don't know WTF it is and it doesn't concern them.

@GreatHanWarrior brother, do you see the empty mockery on a nice bridge built by China?

Lol. Car sales are less than 5000 a year for the entire country and dropping. Third rate town in Africa buys more than that. It is just embarrassing. Your dumb rhetoric whenever a statistic is put up infront of you is my dada my nana used to drive so and so etc. Your country was a basket case till 2010. It is a basket case even today except for fake statistics put out by BBS.

Indian car sales in total are over 4 million a year.

View attachment 938962

And Mercedes Benz alone sells over 15000 cars a year. Chaddis stitching lungis can only dream of.

Yet our GDP per capita is higher than india.

Bhangi Indians commenting on a Bangladesh infra thread is like Beggars commenting on qualities of fine wine and caviar.

They don't know WTF it is and it doesn't concern them.

@GreatHanWarrior brother, do you see the empty mockery on a nice bridge built by China?
Building a bridge is better than building a statue.

Yet our GDP per capita is higher than india.
Haha. Please your GDP itself is fake. And your per capita derived out it is also fake. And to think your per capita is higher than India even after 25% depreciation of your currency this year, tells me about your economic acumen. Don't embarrass yourself further, go find the latest IMF weo database. It will go down even further, just wait and watch.

Haha. Please your GDP itself is fake. And your per capita derived out it is also fake. And to think your per capita is higher than India even after 25% depreciation of your currency this year, tells me about your economic acumen. Don't embarrass yourself further, go find the latest IMF weo database. It will go down even further, just wait and watch.
Yes, all our statistics are fake. Only Indian statistics are genuine, right?

Bangladeshi is a poor country that can't afford cars or the fuel for the cars but want to be counted as Bengal tiger economy or economic leader of South Asia. What a joke. To be honest they would go broke if they buy a hundred thousand cars a year.

Also to charge this much toll for a mere 3.5 kms tunnel and spend over 10000 crores on this shows they are either corrupt or foolish or both.
Bangladesh is doing better than any country in south Asia.
And their infrastructure will only improve in time.

Im more worried about my own country, it's us who are facing the shit.
Are you indian ?

Bangladesh had proper roadways and cars when your parents had to wait eight years for the choice of two cars in the 1980's and 1990's - Ambys (outdated Austin UK copy) and Premier Padmini (outdated Fiat copy), both of which were WWII era outdated cars.

Only in the last ten years are cars available in India somewhat similar to the outside world. Still the average size of Indian cars are micro mini Tata Nano size cars, which can't really be called proper vehicles.

My grandfather drove around in Toyota Corona in the late eighties (see picture below), oirokom gari tor bap dada chouddopurush oishomoi dekhe nai - chintao kortey partona. Fotor fotor bondho kor.

Shalar duidiner boiragi - bhaterey koi "onno". Bekoob.

Amra Bangladeshi shokoley jani India tey ki chhilo ar ekhon ki aasey. Chest beating korey luv nai. Toder entire tourism sector amader poishai choley gadha. Taka nibi ney - mukhta bondho rakh. Nailey oitao bondho korey dewa jabey.

Ja bhalo shomporko duidesher moddhey aasey - ta koikjon bhodro Indian der jonno aasey. Toder moto Bharotiyo bekoob der amra pusio na.

View attachment 938943

In any case, your lame attempt to hijack the thread here (as well as daily in all other Bangladeshi threads) has been noted and reported. Keep doing this and you will have a ban in no time.

The length of the entire route is 9.39 kilometres (5.83 mi), with the tunnel making up 3.32 kilometres (2.06 mi) of the length.

I don't think you can compare drilling tunnels through mountains vis-à-vis drilling under riverbeds, circumstances and tactics are quite different. I'd say underwater tunnels are much tougher to build, with water leaks a huge factor.

By the way, the 6.15-km Padma bridge we built recently has the following toll. It is what it is.

View attachment 938939
Interesting, in Pak all private vehicles have same toll.
While toll for commercial vehicles differs depending upon if it's a mini bus/bus or truck etc.

Motorcyclists, rickshaws don't have toll. As they are seen as locals using the route. But on ring roads/motorways they aren't allowed.

As you hold IMF with such regard surely you are aware that IMF sees BD outpacing India GDP per capita. Here reporting by your own newspaper.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...than-india-till-2022/article66823548.ece/amp/

HIndutva turd education do not fly everywhere

Till 2022. Man, you guys are absolute novices when it comes to economics.

Umm... did not bother reading the article or did not understand what you read.

You hindutva turds are all made of the same mould.
bl8May_Percapita_Ind__bgd%20%281%29.jpg

Umm... did not bother reading the article or did not understand what you read.

You hindutva turds are all made of the same mould.
bl8May_Percapita_Ind__bgd%20%281%29.jpg
Projections are just that projections. What is today is what matters. Bangladesh economy will unravel shortly is my opinion. Your forex reserves will come down. You are resorting to trade in rupees but that will bring down taka vis a vis rupees. We can wait to see that happen.

Bangladesh is doing better than any country in south Asia.
And their infrastructure will only improve in time.

Im more worried about my own country, it's us who are facing the shit.
Are you indian ?

Interesting, in Pak all private vehicles have same toll.
While toll for commercial vehicles differs depending upon if it's a mini bus/bus or truck etc.

Motorcyclists, rickshaws don't have toll. As they are seen as locals using the route. But on ring roads/motorways they aren't allowed.

In Bangladesh, highway tolls are usually also Tk.100 for cars, bridge and tunnel toll are higher.

It is monsoon season in South Asia.

So you cannot find @bluesky
I miss my Japanese brother very much.

I am eager to tell him good news.

Screenshot_20230716_042018.jpg

Japan’s Maritime Self-Defense Force spotted the PLA Navy flotilla consisting of the Type 075 amphibious assault ship Guangxi and Type 052D destroyer Baotou when the vessels sailed from the East China Sea through the Osumi Strait into the West Pacific waters south of Japan from Thursday to Friday, while the Type 054A frigate Anyang and the Type 903A comprehensive replenishment ship Chaohu sailed from the East China Sea through the sea area between Amami Oshima and Yokoate-jima into the same West Pacific region, Japan’s Defense Ministry Joint Staff confirmed in a press release on Friday.

……………………………………………………………

I hope he can see type 075 in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom