What's new

Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General Reveals that he is of Vietnamese descent

Srachi sauce is Thai origin @somsak
yes, why not talking about food. forget talking abut who invented chopstick (it is the koreans according to some legends). indeed it is thai chilly sauce. Sriracha is a thai province.
vietnam has fish sauce. most famous one is from phu quoc.
6a00d8341ef22f53ef0120a5abe237970c-500wi

Oh... praise the Thai people!! I thought it was Vietnamese cause of the Rooster and Vietnamese writing.

huy-fong-foods-sriracha-sauce-rooster-sauce.jpg

The product is Vietnamese but the origin of the sauce comes from Thailand.

This sauce is produced by Huy Fong Foods, a California manufacturer. Created in 1980 by Vietnamese-American founder David Tran,[5] it is a brand of Sriracha sauce often also known as "rooster sauce", because of the rooster prominently featured on its label. Some cookbooks include recipes using it as their main condiment.

Firetalkers: Interview with David Tran of Huy Fong Foods, Inc., Makers of Sriracha “Rooster” Sauce | The Official Scott Roberts Website

800px-phat_thai_kung_chang_khien_street_stall.jpg

A dish of stir-fried rice noodles is thought by some to have been introduced to the city of Ayutthaya during the time of the Ayutthaya Kingdom by Vietnamese traders. Pad Thai comes from Vietnam, where it is known as pho sao. The Vietnamese made this dish during the Ayutthaya period and much later, at the time of World War II, the Thais adapted its taste and called it Pad Thai.

Bangkok Post article

@Jlaw Thailand famous dish, Pad Thai is of Vietnamese origin.

Last edited:
Thís is typical Vietnam type.

bi-quyet-ngam-giam-toi-ot.jpg

Pickled Spicy Peppers - Serrano Peppers (Ớt Cay Ngâm Dấm) - Cathy Ha Vietnamese Home
Cooking
maxresdefault.jpg

Oh... praise the Thai people!! I thought it was Vietnamese cause of the Rooster and Vietnamese writing.
Yes. I think every one agree. There is a manicipality in Thailand called Sri Racha. The source originated there.

You Vietnamese people just want to be considered a "Korean lineage" You people are so stupid, i sometimes think that you people stuff Vietnamese rice noodle into your heads. First of all, President Rhee Syng Man was the descendent of Grand Prince Yang Nyeong of Joseon. The Yi dynasty of Joseon is "Jeonju Yi clan" thus making it a South Korean south-west origin clan. Furthermore, the person who founded Joseon Dynasty was Yi Seonggye who was a general in North-East Korea and his father was Yi Ja-chun also from North-East Korea. Koreans don't like to be considered a "Vietnamese origin" as it would make Koreans look like Peasants. Nanyue and Dai Viet was just a vassal state of China for centuries. Oh yeah, I forgot. There were Vietnamese royal family refugees desperately seeking for help to the Emperor of Goryeo. Yes we let them in. But we did not let them into high-rank bureaucracy as they were not considered important in Goryeo at all.

You Vietnamese people just want to be considered a "Korean lineage" You people are so stupid, i sometimes think that you people stuff Vietnamese rice noodle into your heads. First of all, President Rhee Syng Man was the descendent of Grand Prince Yang Nyeong of Joseon. The Yi dynasty of Joseon is "Jeonju Yi clan" thus making it a South Korean south-west origin clan. Furthermore, the person who founded Joseon Dynasty was Yi Seonggye who was a general in North-East Korea and his father was Yi Ja-chun also from North-East Korea. Koreans don't like to be considered a "Vietnamese origin" as it would make Koreans look like Peasants. Nanyue and Dai Viet was just a vassal state of China for centuries. Oh yeah, I forgot. There were Vietnamese royal family refugees desperately seeking for help to the Emperor of Goryeo. Yes we let them in. But we did not let them into high-rank bureaucracy as they were not considered important in Goryeo at all.

Really ?

we deleted him from descent list of Viet.

This sauce is produced by Huy Fong Foods, a California manufacturer. Created in 1980 by Vietnamese-American founder David Tran,[5] it is a brand of Sriracha sauce often also known as "rooster sauce", because of the rooster prominently featured on its label. Some cookbooks include recipes using it as their main condiment.

Saw this in nearly every Asian restaurant in US.

Are you suggesting that Koreans are superior? Vietnamese aren't claiming lineage here it's the Koreans. No, Vietnamese would ever want to be related to your people.

Korea was a vassal and tributary state of Mongolia, China, Jurchen (Manchu) and Japan. The country is known for fabricating history and claiming things that China invented like Confuciusim and that Koreans conquered China through Jin Dynasty. :lol: :rofl::sarcastic:

Koreans are obessed with Vietnamese women, food and culture. They even have Korean own Vietnamese restaurant.

The Koreans make good pho | Flavor Boulevard
Lee's Korea Blog: Vietnamese Beef Noodles (Diệu Hiền Quận)

Korean student's love Vietnam :-)

Hwan-Min-Woo_1377146224_af_org.jpg

Little Psy a half breed Viet even became popular in Korea.

Last edited:
Hey buddy, why do you have to fake korean to trash us.

Really ?

we deleted him from descent list of Viet.
You people are dumb easy provoke. Dont you see that acct is new acct. No guarantee he is Korean. I can easily pretend Korean provoke you people.

That's new to me that the viets want to be koreans. Don't make insult by false assumption, little boy.

Firetalkers: Interview with David Tran of Huy Fong Foods, Inc., Makers of Sriracha “Rooster” Sauce | The Official Scott Roberts Website

800px-phat_thai_kung_chang_khien_street_stall.jpg

A dish of stir-fried rice noodles is thought by some to have been introduced to the city of Ayutthaya during the time of the Ayutthaya Kingdom by Vietnamese traders. Pad Thai comes from Vietnam, where it is known as pho sao. The Vietnamese made this dish during the Ayutthaya period and much later, at the time of World War II, the Thais adapted its taste and called it Pad Thai.

Bangkok Post article

@Jlaw Thailand famous dish, Pad Thai is of Vietnamese origin.

I wish you people quit taking other people's achievements as your own. Give others credit where it is due.

@somsak

What you said is irrelevant. You need to read the story carefully before you make any vain argument. It is NOT Vietnamese people but Ban Ki-Moon himself who declared that he is the proud descendant of a Vietnamese family.

Two Vietnamese princes who fled to Korea as refugees were treated well from the beginning, and later became the high ranked general or officer who started their own clans on their granted land. I think you have some misled prejudice about Vietnamese people.

Back
Top Bottom