What's new

Balochistan's Ancient Ties to Pakistan - 5000 BC to present

Actually in a round table conference attended by Lord Mountbatten, Khan of Kalat, CM of Kalat and Jinnah (as the legal advisor to the Khan of Kalat) on Aug 4 1947 it was decided that with the expiry of British rule, the Kalat Khanate would become independent and the territories of Kharan and Lasbela which were leased to the British would join Kalat, thus making most of modern day Balochistan a separate, sovereign state.

That Jinnah double crossed the Khan is a later story.

Regarding the two constituent assemblies not representing all Baloch, well in a democracy the ruling party does not represent all the people and even though it is voted only by a part, it speaks for all the people.
There was no 'double cross by Jinnah' - Jinnah as legal adviser/representative to the Khan of Khalat had a different obligation to his client, and as Governor General Jinnah had a different obligation to the nation he was leading.

Secondly, with respect to Kharan, Lasbela and Makran:

The fact is well-documented that Kharan, Lasbela and Mekran had applied for accession to Pakistan. Mir Habibullah Khan Ruler of Kharan had written to the Quaid that he had repudiated supremacy of Kalat, and vowed to accede to Pakistan. He said that before the British, Kharan was under the influence of Afghanistan. British had to pay Rs. 6000 per year until 15th August 1947 in lieu of the allowance it used to get from Afghanistan.

Balochistan: Sifting facts from fiction | PK ARTICLES HUB

Sorry, not sure why thread was closed.

Weird things happening with the forum today

There was no 'double cross by Jinnah' - Jinnah as legal adviser/representative to the Khan of Khalat had a different obligation to his client, and as Governor General Jinnah had a different obligation to the nation he was leading.

Conflict of Interest --> Double cross.

Secondly, with respect to Kharan, Lasbela and Makran:

The fact is well-documented that Kharan, Lasbela and Mekran had applied for accession to Pakistan. Mir Habibullah Khan Ruler of Kharan had written to the Quaid that he had repudiated supremacy of Kalat, and vowed to accede to Pakistan. He said that before the British, Kharan was under the influence of Afghanistan. British had to pay Rs. 6000 per year until 15th August 1947 in lieu of the allowance it used to get from Afghanistan.

Balochistan: Sifting facts from fiction | PK ARTICLES HUB

Again it was Jinnah's machinations by promoting them as independent rulers (though they were vassals to the Kalat Khanate), increasing their privy purses and basically bribing them along with the PA stick in hand that led to these rulers "acceding" to Pakistan.

According to a joint statement signed on Aug 11 1947 between the Mountbatten,Khan of Kalat and GoP, GoP recognized Kalat as a independent sovereign state. So Jinnah'a later action amounted to betrayal an double crossing making the annexation of Balochistan illegal.

Conflict of Interest --> Double cross.
As long as Jinnah gave up his role as 'adviser to the Khan' when he assumed the position of Governor General of Pakistan, there was no 'conflict of interest' and no 'double cross'.
Again it was Jinnah's machinations by promoting them as independent rulers (though they were vassals to the Kalat Khanate), increasing their privy purses and basically bribing them along with the PA stick in hand that led to these rulers "acceding" to Pakistan.

According to a joint statement signed on Aug 11 1947 between the Mountbatten,Khan of Kalat and GoP, GoP recognized Kalat as a independent sovereign state. So Jinnah'a later action amounted to betrayal an double crossing making the annexation of Balochistan illegal.
Technically one could argue that without the consent of the rulers/people of the States of Kharan, Lasbela and Makran, declaring them vassals of Kalat was illegal, and the rulers were therefore justified in acceding to Pakistan unilaterally and rejecting the authority of Kalat over them.

Now, if there are corroborated written agreements between the rulers of those States and the Khan of Kalat, accepting the authority of Kalat over them, then I stand corrected.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

the thread title should be balochistan's ancient ties to indus valley and punjab and not 'pakistan', balochistan is a province of pakistan formed in 1947
We could make it 'balochistan's ties to the lands of Pakistan', but changing the thread title at this point is not a good idea since it would mess up the links to this thread.

I think the intent is pretty clear in any case.

Asalam O Alikum... Sab se pehly to main app ko mubarik bat paish karta hun or app ki iss kawish ko had se ziada sarahta hun... Jo silsila app ne shuru kia ha us se hamari qoom ko bohat si mufeed malumat milain ge.. Allah app ko or kamiab kare.. Ameen..

shayari in urdu

the people of Balochistan and NWFP both voted to join Pakistan, overwhelmingly.
Voted? Was there ever a referendum/plebiscite in Balochistan and NWFP? When was this held? Apologies for my ignorance! :undecided:

But as far as I know, in 1947, the Khan of Kalat reportedly acceded to the dominion of India. But his accession papers were returned by Jawaharlal Nehru. As a result, Kalat joined Pakistan on the agreement that defence, currency, foreign office and finance will be controlled by the federal govt but that the rest the province will control by itself. However, after death of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Balochistan was merged into Pakistan like other areas.

The last Khan of Kalat had the privilege of being the President of the Council of Rulers for the Baluchistan States Union.

Now, there is a huge difference between 'merged' and what you said, that they 'voted' to join Pakistan. In a nutshell, the Balochis NEVER voted to join Pakistan but Balochistan was unilaterally merged with Pakistan.

Cheers!

why indians forget ,
Kashmir ,
asaam, '
hyderabad , junnah gherh,
u discuss balochistan without giving rights to your people....
peeping in others history without correcting yours....
Balochistan is our matter and u need not to worry about it..
there is nothing disputed over balochistan btw indian and PAKISTAN...
discuss Kashmir:bunny::bunny: ....
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Voted? Was there ever a referendum/plebiscite in Balochistan and NWFP? When was this held? Apologies for my ignorance! :undecided:

But as far as I know, in 1947, the Khan of Kalat reportedly acceded to the dominion of India. But his accession papers were returned by Jawaharlal Nehru. As a result, Kalat joined Pakistan on the agreement that defence, currency, foreign office and finance will be controlled by the federal govt but that the rest the province will control by itself. However, after death of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Balochistan was merged into Pakistan like other areas.

The last Khan of Kalat had the privilege of being the President of the Council of Rulers for the Baluchistan States Union.

Now, there is a huge difference between 'merged' and what you said, that they 'voted' to join Pakistan. In a nutshell, the Balochis NEVER voted to join Pakistan but Balochistan was unilaterally merged with Pakistan.

Cheers!
at least we didn,t occupied the areas ..........

everything was under agreements not like u ,
u still run from ur promises made in UN..............
lets start it with those states ...

if u ask for ancient ties ,
for us Islam is defining factor...... and in ancient ties most of PAKISTANIs have ancestors from afghanistan , iran , arab , turkestan and centeral asian states ..
need to review the history ..
a good book related to it is by I.H. qureshi.....

no its a blame on Balochistan.balochistan is totally different from the afghanistan.there is no link between them.

I loved it!

Keep the tips coming.

I absolutely liked reading all that is written on your

blog.Keep the tips coming. I loved it!

me also baloch from balochistan ...i love pakistan

balochs are not only in balochistan but also in iran ,afghanistan and most of the balochis are living in sindh pakistan

i agree with ur point ..me also baloch with pakistan

tribune news paper is the foriegn newspaper

me also baloch from balochistan ...i love pakistan

balochs are not only in balochistan but also in iran ,afghanistan and most of the balochis are living in sindh pakistan

i agree with ur point ..me also baloch with pakistan

tribune news paper is the foriegn newspaper

Hey, Baloch Bhai ! Is the Pro-Independence movement strong in Balochistan ? I saw a couple of Baloch leaders talk to the media, I saw a program that Naseem Zehra did where she interviewed a few students from a Balochistan University ( I think it was the Bolan Medical College) and I'e met a couple of Baloch here in Lahore (they are Barahui and they've come for further education) - so the impression I got from them was that the Pro-Azadi sentiment in Balochistan is very strong ! Whats your take on it ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom