What's new

Bahria University banned Shalwar Kameez on campus. Is this Islamic Republic of Pakistan?

The shalwar kameez for men either needs to be redesigned or replaced. It's okay on women as it looks like a dress but on men it's ridiculous with all its variations with a suit jacket,waistcoat and sandals. All universities should ban it.

Look how sharp he looks, much better than the night gown/womens dress :lol: You should all learn from him.
View attachment 939074
Did the dude's face in the picture give you flashbacks to a wicked horror flick? Can you take a wild guess which character it might resemble?

I am not looking down upon the housekeeping staff or gardeners or anyone above me neither I live in any inferiority complex. My point is, you dress as per your work or relevance so that you could be easily spotted and differentiated.
Brother why? Are we people or caricatures? Dress how you want, whatever that is. Dress how you feel happy, comfortable and you feel appropriate.

If life ever gives you a chance, visit a university in the developed world. People dress how it pleases them.

I have graduated from one of the best universities in the world.

Pakistani universities are the biggest duffer institutes in the country - they're unfit for purpose.

Always focused on who sits wear, what people do, how they dress... education quality and research is right at the bottom of priorities.

I agree, it should not be the priority of the university to police clothes.

But people should have some etiquette as well regarding their clothing. You don't see women going to their TA classes dressed in clothing as if they are going to a club, neither do you see guys coming in vests and speedos to their TA classes. Because they have a certain respect for the environment.

And secondly, every country has different social standards, doesn't make one wrong or right, just different.

But again, university should not be doing this, it should be the mindset of the student body itself. Unfortunately, in our country, half the university programs are just cash machines for those who couldn't do anything else. No respect to those hard working students who are actually interested in a subject, but more than half of the students in a course at a mid level university such as BCom, BBA etc are only for the fun.

It's a wide ranging topic regarding student attitudes in Pakistan where I am getting at.

Other than that, the administration might not want the students to be considered Malis or Chachas or any other domestic staff, especially when there could be visitors from outside.

That is such a classist statement.

We need a redesigned version for professional wear, I understand it's a cultural dress but it needs to be made suitable for a professional environment and daily wear.

Obviously I'm against any local erasure of culture for cheap imitation of westerners, but we also need to adapt it so it doesn't look shabby.

The shalwar kameez for men either needs to be redesigned or replaced. It's okay on women as it looks like a dress but on men it's ridiculous with all its variations with a suit jacket,waistcoat and sandals. All universities should ban it.

Look how sharp he looks, much better than the night gown/womens dress :lol: You should all learn from him.
View attachment 939074

Nobody asked Jinnahs opinion on why he was forced to dress in a foreign culture to make a living as a subject of the crown.

As a free man he chose to wear a central Asian traditional attire.

Students can neither afford such lavish clothes nor the bondage to the crown. They would rather stick with the freedom of choice and expression.

You must be stuck in the Victorian slave trade apocalypse.

View attachment 939039

View attachment 939041

If we can't even wear modest non-Western dress then what was the purpose of separating from India? At least we would get better economy there

It's a private university and none of this is against the law. The dumb administrator can play Caesar in his own little palace till it's last paycheck day. This is least of this university's problem.

We did not separate from India and India is savagely pursuing a uniform civil code plundering human rights.

But it's a national dress
Yes Sir, it is.

Brother why? Are we people or caricatures? Dress how you want, whatever that is. Dress how you feel happy, comfortable and you feel appropriate.
Sir I believe one feels active in trousers or pants shirt in comparison to Shalwar Qameez.
Again, I myself wear Shalwar Qameez at home. But in a formal capacity, one has to go with the dress code.

That is such a classist statement.
My apologies Sir. I meant no disrespect.

Last edited:
We need a redesigned version for professional wear, I understand it's a cultural dress but it needs to be made suitable for a professional environment and daily wear.

Obviously I'm against any local erasure of culture for cheap imitation of westerners, but we also need to adapt it so it doesn't look shabby.
They could allow sherwani or shalwar kameez with a fully-buttoned waistcoat.

Colleges in KP like Islamic college has has shalwat kameez with shirwani and wascot as professional attire since 1910s
Over a century.

Looks pretty professional for all purposes to me

pakistan has been taken hostage by the liberal secular homosexual elite

How about this ? This is Islamic clothes for Indonesian Muslim. Usually used for Jumah pray or during Islamic Holiday Celebration.

1689574005503.png

1689574091027.png

But it's a national dress

it is a dress for Jahil and uneducated... we all should wear dress like Dear Leader Nawj...a custom suit so that people might think he is educated and has class

1689574972116.png

unlike uncultured and taxi looking driver Imran Khan....

1689575086322.png

it is a dress for Jahil and uneducated... we all should wear dress like Dear Leader Nawj...a custom suit so that people might think he is educated and has class

View attachment 939240

unlike uncultured and taxi looking driver Imran Khan....

View attachment 939242
Jokes aside, he does look like more of a Charsi truck driver than a taxi driver.

regardless, there should be no compulsion as to what a person can or cannot. What’s important is that the dress should look decent and neat as per the institutions standards, whether Shalwar Kameez or a Suit.

Back
Top Bottom