What's new

Azharuddin cleared of charges, welcomed back into the Indian team

Asim the BCCI has full plans of challenging this decision.

That's how our legal system works.

While they have included him in the squad and assigned him a match to play?

BCCI welcomes Mohammad Azharuddin back into Team India! - Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

In a decision that is bound to send shockwaves through the entire cricketing fraternity, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to reinstate former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin (49) into the Indian squad for the third Test against England at Kolkata.

Azharuddin, who was banned for life by the BCCI in 2000 for allegedly admitting to match-fixing, will make a remarkable comeback into the Indian team, 12 years after he last played for the Men in Blue. The Indian cricket board gave the green signal to the Sandeep Patil-chaired selection committee after the Andhra Pradesh High Court, in a landmark decision on Thursday, deemed the BCCI’s ban on the cricketer-turned-politician was “illegal and unsustainable”.

what this joker azar uddin or what ever u (pakistani friends) call him he himself once said on national TV oppologising from national TV that "haan maine match banaye the" but as they say hes politticllay correct and hes a sitting Member of Lok Sabha from Muradabad some 100 KM west of Delhi ....ever wondered why he contested from there and not his native hydrabaad ????????:azn:

well what he did he paid for it by loosing his 17 year old son in a mobike crash but still if u guys want to make a point go ahed who cares :coffee:

so much for Muslim appeasment :hitwall:

BCCI did the right thing by banning him and others at that time. None of those guys played for India ever again. Most of the evidence against him and others were probably circumstantial. Even Hansi Cronje who confessed himself clearly named Azhar in front of the King Commission. That was good enough, probably not enough to convict someone in the court, but as an employer BCCI took the right step. No Indian international cricketer has been named ever since. Had PCB taken similar steps against Wasim, Waqar and others probably Md. Amir would still be playing today. We don't give a flying fook about Pakistani schadenfreude.

Unless Hanse Cronje provided clear evidence of Azhar's involvement, that really wasn't enough.

You made the personal remark first. My only personal remark was against vsdoc - who is personifying a type of larger Indian subset.

don't start tu tu main main.... come with some facts before sporing BS. hansie Cronje testimonials is the biggest criminal evidence against him, unfortunately he is no more.

Azhar is a MP from congress party and Rajiv shukla BCCI chairman is also from the congress and he is the biggest boot licker of Gandhy's family.. obviously politics is involved

then there was Manoj Prabhakar who cheated and sold out on his country too- was banned-

then
he later contested in Lok Sabha-
coached domestic indian cricket teams-

then there was Ajay Jadeja- now currently the coach of Rajhistan cricket team- worked in movies-

and then there is a Muslim Azharuddin-

May be a hindu sounding name has to do with all the revivals of Manoj and Ajay-
and a Muslim sounding name Azharuddin guarantees hate comments like yours and his constant demise-

Shout aloud: no second chance for that Musla-

Ignorant fool...even Azharuddin is a sitting Member of Parliament(MP) from Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh

what this joker azar uddin or what ever u (pakistani friends) call him he himself once said on national TV oppologising from national TV that "haan maine match banaye the" but as they say hes politticllay correct and hes a sitting Member of Lok Sabha from Muradabad some 100 KM west of Delhi ....ever wondered why he contested from there and not his native hydrabaad ????????:azn:

well what he did he paid for it by loosing his 17 year old son in a mobike crash but still if u guys want to make a point go ahed who cares :coffee:

so much for Muslim appeasment :hitwall:

Are you saying Andra Pradesh High Court let him off due to Muslim appeasement?

don't start tu tu main main.... come with some facts before sporing BS. hansie Cronje testimonials is the biggest criminal evidence against him, unfortunately he is no more.

Azhar is a MP from congress party and Rajiv shukla BCCI chairman is also from the congress and he is the biggest boot licker of Gandhy's family.. obviously politics is involved

Fact 1: Andra Pradesh High Court ruled in favor of Azharuddin
Fact 2: BCCI inorder to make up for their massive screw up is even giving him an International Test match to play.

BCCI's actions are conceding that they were wrong and he was right. They are trying to make things right.

Unless Hanse Cronje provided clear evidence of Azhar's involvement, that really wasn't enough.

As I said before we don't cry about match fixing every time India lose a match. You do when Pakistan lose and will keep doing that. BCCI has a no nonsense policy on this. They banned 3 players from IPL(1 of them for life) after a news channel sting operation this year. I am glad they have been tough on this.

Fact 1: Andra Pradesh High Court ruled in favor of Azharuddin
Fact 2: BCCI inorder to make up for their massive screw up is even giving him an International Test match to play.

BCCI's actions are conceding that they were wrong and he was right. They are trying to make things right.

hahahaha..... what a fool... sorry for my languaga though

And they reacted. They welcomed him into the team :).

PS: The above article is pure fiction.

(Jaideep Vaidya is a multiple sports buff and Editorial Consultant at Cricket Country. He has a B.E. in Electronics Engineering, but that isn't fooling anybody. He started writing on sports during his engineering course and fell in love it. The best day of his life came on April 24, 1998, when he witnessed birthday boy Sachin Tendulkar pummel a Shane Warne-speared Aussie attack from the stands during the Sharjah Cup Final. A diehard Manchester United fan, you can follow him on Twitter @jaideepvaidya. He also writes a sports blog - The Mullygrubber)

you forget to read this...:tongue:

Time to give up your post as a admin... this was a satire...atleast read it properly..

Yeah I just read that myself, with vsdoc's post above. My bad on that one. But lots of other news channels copy pasted the same :).

hahahaha..... what a fool... sorry for my languaga though

you forget to read this...:tongue:

I did... Mentioned as a cliffnote!

Asim the BCCI screwed up.

Not by banning Azhar.

But not doing it right.

Do not read anything else into "BCCI screwed up."

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom