What's new

Azerbaijan to Buy 24 JF17 Thunder Block 2 Aircraft from Pakistan

It is only a matter of time before a purchase agreement is finalized, and they are very, very bullish on the JF17
Yeah there have been a lot of discussion between Pakistan and Azerbaijan for cooperation in defence field. Recently our minister for defence production was there and I guess there was a reciprocal visit from their side as well so something has been cooking fast :)

Azerbaijani authorities have been focused on the BLK3 since the beginning of the possible sales meetings.

According to Azeri sources, the Pakistani authorities assured that Blk3 will be fully ready in 2019 and that mass production will start in 2020 at the latest. Also , according to the representative of PAC, all technical issues that could affect the sale of fighters to Azerbaijan have been resolved. I think only the financial details remain.

Defence Update#:How many Country interested in JF-17 Thunder || Egypt JF-17 Thunder Block 3

So the current operators are:

1 - Pakistan
2 - Myanmar
3 - Nigeria

Potential buyers are:

1 - Azerbaijan
2 - Egypt

I think for now, it's enough for Pakistan and China to fulfill the existing orders, which include PAF's own orders for JF 17 blk III. No need to identify any new potential buyers unless we have the capability to produce at least 32 fighters per year (16 for us and 16 for others).

1 - Pakistan
2 - Myanmar
3 - Nigeria

Potential buyers are:

1 - Azerbaijan
2 - Egypt

I think for now, it's enough for Pakistan and China to fulfill the existing orders, which include PAF's own orders for JF 17 blk III. No need to identify any new potential buyers unless we have the capability to produce at least 32 fighters per year (16 for us and 16 for others).
I think we should expand the facilities if the demand is going up instead of curtailing the business. Scaling up has its own advantage since many of these facilities can be shared with other projects like project Azm etc.

I think we should expand the facilities if the demands is going up instead of curtailing the business. Scaling up has its own advantage since many of those facilities can be shared with other projects like project Azm etc.
That's why I said unless we have facilities to produce at least 32 a year..

Right now, blk III is required in huge numbers by Pakistan to counter threats posed by Gangadehshatgards.. If we increase our capabilities, we can go to find more buyers..

1 - Pakistan
2 - Myanmar
3 - Nigeria

Potential buyers are:

1 - Azerbaijan
2 - Egypt

We (PAF) won’t need any more JF-17’s after 5-6 years of block-3 production start. After that we will have to keep the repair facility and supplies live for 15-20 years atleast. Can’t keep a production line active with 1-2 countries need. We need to have atleast 5 operators of JF-17 plus Pakistan. I think only then keeping the production/repir line live will be financially feasible.

We (PAF) won’t need any more JF-17’s after 5-6 years of block-3 production start. After that we will have to keep the repair facility and supplies live for 15-20 years atleast. Can’t keep a production line active with 1-2 countries need. We need to have atleast 5 operators of JF-17 plus Pakistan. I think only then keeping the production/repir line live will be financially feasible.
Repair line will be fully busy with PAF anyway..

I was just saying that we need JF 17 III in huge numbers to replace some older generation fighters. Our current capability is to produce 16-20 jets per year. Any further orders for block III will make deliveries to PAF delayed a bit..

Given the threats we have on our east, with new 4.5+ jets coming into their inventory, it is better to fill our own gap..

But.. if we really want to export block II and III to more than 5 countries, we must expand the production line..

What's your take on this?

All f-7 and mirages need replacement I have a feeling that production will remain high way into the mid 2040,s

Repair line will be fully busy with PAF anyway..

I was just saying that we need JF 17 III in huge numbers to replace some older generation fighters. Our current capability is to produce 16-20 jets per year. Any further orders for block III will make deliveries to PAF delayed a bit..

Given the threats we have on our east, with new 4.5+ jets coming into their inventory, it is better to fill our own gap..

But.. if we really want to export block II and III to more than 5 countries, we must expand the production line..

What's your take on this?
The block 3 shouldn't be the be all end all its still a light fighter we need something like fc_31 and fast however we don't need to urgently replace all our older jets they are now flying coffins we need not lose more pilots before we replace those jets

It is only a matter of time before a purchase agreement is finalized, and they are very, very bullish on the JF17
2019-2020 maybe the era where there are big orders from multiple countries I would keep my eyes open for Nigeria and it's neighbourhood

Back
Top Bottom