azarbejan have barak 8 er

dani191

Reaction score
Country
Israel
62193407.jpg

49274625.jpg

76465594.jpg

Many members here rebuked me when I said that Israel and Azerbaijan had military ties.

See now who’s laughing.:lol:

That's the Barak-8. Not ER.
they have er

That's the Barak-8. Not ER.

Azerbaijan Displays 150 Km-Range Barak-ER Missiles

The missiles were presented during a military parade in Baku, which also featured Israeli UAVs and Turkish-made cruise missiles

Ami Rojkes Dombe | 1/07/2018

Send to a friend
A+A-Size
Share on
Share on
download%20%2810%29_2.png

During a military parade in Baku, held on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the country’s Armed Forces, Azerbaijan revealed newly acquired military hardware, including Barak-ER missiles, capable of reaching a range of 150 km.

Also presented were Israeli UAVs and Turkish-made cruise missiles.
http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/34819

i wonder why atitude is only 16 km and speed 2 mach?

they have er

Azerbaijan Displays 150 Km-Range Barak-ER Missiles

The missiles were presented during a military parade in Baku, which also featured Israeli UAVs and Turkish-made cruise missiles

Ami Rojkes Dombe | 1/07/2018

Send to a friend
A+A-Size
Share on
Share on
download%20%2810%29_2.png

During a military parade in Baku, held on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the country’s Armed Forces, Azerbaijan revealed newly acquired military hardware, including Barak-ER missiles, capable of reaching a range of 150 km.

Also presented were Israeli UAVs and Turkish-made cruise missiles.
http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/34819

I'm 100% sure it's not ER.

I know because ER is still in development and the launchers look different.

This is Barak 8.

i wonder why atitude is only 16 km and speed 2 mach?

The altitude is a little higher, but the speed is wrong. It's much, much more than that.

This is Barak 8.

The altitude is a little higher, but the speed is wrong. It's much, much more than that.
er is ready

This is Barak 8.

Land-based Barak-8 LR was already in operational use of Azerbaijan when India was still "testing" them in 2016. Has it even entered Indian service currently in 2018? Indian timelines for Barak-8 are a separate thing. It seems most Indians don't realize that IAI has its own separate Barak-8 project.

Barak-8 ER was anounced at the parade...

1:10:20, "Barak-8 ER sistemiyle yüz əlli (150) kilometr uzaqlıqda", yüz elli = hundred fifty. Can you hear it? Now go to google translate and type "yüz əlli"...

Yes the launchers indeed look different.

This is ER at the parade.

30dece8bbf9d.png

gaWQxQ6BQjw.jpg

This is LR, they clearly have different details.

6409e3c51f23.png

And does any of these look like Indian launchers, btw?

Land-based Barak-8 LR was already in operational use of Azerbaijan when India was still "testing" them in 2016. Has it even entered Indian service currently in 2018? Indian timelines for Barak-8 are a separate thing. It seems most Indians don't realize that IAI has its own separate Barak-8 project.

Barak-8 ER was anounced at the parade...

1:10:20, "Barak-8 ER sistemiyle yüz əlli (150) kilometr uzaqlıqda", yüz elli = hundred fifty. Can you hear it? Now go to google translate and type "yüz əlli"...

Yes the launchers indeed look different.

This is ER at the parade.

30dece8bbf9d.png

gaWQxQ6BQjw.jpg

This is LR, they clearly have different details.

6409e3c51f23.png

And does any of these look like Indian launchers, btw?

Thanks for the info. But it's wrong.

The reason why I questioned it is because the base is too small to hold the bigger booster.

p1331375.jpg

The current launcher can only hold the missile without the booster.
main-qimg-284ebf5f9afe8add313f91cbc8905374-c

Successful%2Bfirst%2Btest%2Bof%2BIndo-Israeli%2BMRSAM%2Bmissile%2Bsystem%2Bfor%2Bthe%2BIAF%2B1.jpg

That's why the one with the booster is a 6-pack, not an 8-pack. Meaning, the Barak 8ER launcher will have 6 missiles.

Btw, both Barak 8 and Barak 8ER have the same Indian propulsion system. There is no separate Israeli development. When we did the testing, it was user testing, not development testing. Our launcher's modules are the same, but the truck is different.

So all operational Barak 8s today are the non-ER version.

Something you guys may not know, but the first Barak 8ER unit will be operational for the sea version, not land. IOC is still yet to happen.

The reason why I questioned it is because the base is too small to hold the bigger booster.

p1331375.jpg

Successful%2Bfirst%2Btest%2Bof%2BIndo-Israeli%2BMRSAM%2Bmissile%2Bsystem%2Bfor%2Bthe%2BIAF%2B1.jpg

That's why the one with the booster is a 6-pack, not an 8-pack. Meaning, the Barak 8ER launcher will have 6 missiles.

Btw, both Barak 8 and Barak 8ER have the same Indian propulsion system. There is no separate Israeli development. When we did the testing, it was user testing, not development testing. Our launcher's modules are the same, but the truck is different.

Something you guys may not know, but the first Barak 8ER unit will be operational for the sea version, not land. IOC is still yet to happen.
why its only 16 km high and 2 mach?

p1331375.jpg

Did you watch the video? Did they announce it at the parade or not?

Do the launchers I posted look different to each other or not? Are you saying they are both LR?

The Barak-8 ER launcher is shown as 8-pack in this official IAI video.

eb3bc27905f3.png

Even the missile designs are slightly different from the Indian ones. Pay attention the mid section.

c529fb5133eb.png

Can you answer my question? Barak-8 LR was in operational use of Azerbaijani Army in late 2016, while Indian Armed Forces were still testing them in 2016. What's the status of land-based Barak-8 LR as of 2018?

Last edited:
why its only 16 km high and 2 mach?

Those are for marketing. It's much more than that. When they say 16Km high, they mean it's meant for aerodynamic targets, like fighter aircraft and cruise missiles.

As for mach 2, it's actually mach 2+. The Barak has a dual pulse motor. It sustains a lower speed during cruise and a higher speed during intercept, when the second motor kicks in.

The actual speed is more than 2x of mach 2.

Those are for marketing. It's much more than that. When they say 16Km high, they mean it's meant for aerodynamic targets, like fighter aircraft and cruise missiles.

As for mach 2, it's actually mach 2+. The Barak has a dual pulse motor. It sustains a lower speed during cruise and a higher speed during intercept, when the second motor kicks in.

The actual speed is more than 2x of mach 2.
it can reach 30 km targets atitude?

LOL, did you watch the video? Did they announce it at the parade or no? You are saying it's wrong?

Do the launchers I posted look different to each other or not? Are you saying they are both LR?

What are you talking about? The Barak-8 ER launcher is shown as 8-pack in this official IAI video.

eb3bc27905f3.png

Even the missile designs are slightly different from the Indian ones. Pay attention the mid section.

c529fb5133eb.png

I wouldn't pin my hopes on CGI advertisements, it's generally made for reference by people not affiliated with the program. And I wouldn't go by parade announcements either.

Can you answer my question? Barak-8 LR was in operational use of Azerbaijani Army in late 2016, while Indian Armed Forces were still testing them in 2016. What's the status of land-based Barak-8 LR as of 2018?

The Barak 8 wasn't in development testing in India, it was in user testing.

India's first Barak 8 tests were conducted Nov 2015 on a ship and later in June 2016 on land. Azerbaijan conducted its first test in December 2016. So the Barak's presence in India predates the one in Azerbaijan.

The missile system that was exported to Azerbaijan was the same thing India has. So the missile system that all three countries operate is the same. Azerbaijan's Barak 8 is the regular 70-90Km version. India started inducting the radar systems for the Barak 8 back in 2011.

Barak 8ER is still in development.

it can reach 30 km targets atitude?

The Barak 8 can't, perhaps the ER can.

I wouldn't pin my hopes on CGI advertisements, it's generally made for reference by people not affiliated with the program. And I wouldn't go by parade announcements either.

The Barak 8 wasn't in development testing in India, it was in user testing.

India's first Barak 8 tests were conducted Nov 2015 on a ship and later in June 2016 on land. Azerbaijan conducted its first test in December 2016. So the Barak's presence in India predates the one in Azerbaijan.

The missile system that was exported to Azerbaijan was the same thing India has. So the missile system that all three countries operate is the same. Azerbaijan's Barak 8 is the regular 70-90Km version. India started inducting the radar systems for the Barak 8 back in 2011.

Barak 8ER is still in development.

The Barak 8 can't, perhaps the ER can.

What? You wouldn't go by parade announcements? Seriously, what? It doesn't get more official than that. First they introduced the 70 km version, afterwards the 150 km version that was right behind. And they had different launchers as you can see in the photos.

What an argument. They have the MR (ABISR) design right with its mobile and 4-pack launcher, but not the ER? Maybe you can show us a photo of the ER launcher?

Did you also notice the missile design or not? Is it not different to Indian one? Azerbaijani ones has that design, with the mid section fins.

Yet again you didn't answer my question, do the launchers look different or not? They do. Yet they are both LR? Explain.

It was already in operational use, that's different. India had not inducted it into service by 2016 and I'm not sure if it has even now. So Azerbaijan inducted the system before India.

Last edited:
What? You wouldn't go by parade announcements? Seriously, what? It doesn't get more official than that. First they introduced the 70 km version, afterwards the 150 km version that was right behind. And they had different launchers as you can see in the photos.

What an argument. They have the MR (ABISR) design right with its mobile and 4-pack launcher, but not the ER? Maybe you can show us a photo of the ER launcher?

Did you also notice the missile design or not? Is it not different to Indian one? Azerbaijani ones has that design, with the mid section fins.

Yet again you didn't answer my question, do the launchers look different or not? They do. Yet they are both LR? Explain.

It was already in operational use, that's different. India had not inducted it into service by 2016 and I'm not sure if it has even now. So Azerbaijan inducted the system before India.

Are you referring to these two?

qovw5y.png

juv5nq.png

Sorry to say, but both the trucks are carrying the same missiles. They are both LR.

Barak 8 became operational in the IAF before Azerbaijan's December test.

The ER version is being funded by the IN primarily, so they will get the it first. The ER will become operational on a navy ship before the land version is ready. It was the same for the LR version.

As of today, the ER is still in development. So its launchers are not available online yet.

Back
Top Bottom