What's new

Azam Khan Deserves a Look at #3

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have to Admit that I considered Azam Khan to be too heavy or big for an Athletic game such as Cricket
However I have started to see glimpses of Inzimam Ul Haq in his power hitting
The Man deserves a chance

The most obvious thing about his inning is his Power while getting 4's on ground

Pakistan has been lacking the Power in the Power hitter category and may be adding a heavy weight is the solution

azamkhan1.png

When he connects the ball is always struck with lot of venom

Rizwan
Shan Massod
Azam Khan
Babr Azam
Fakhar Zaman
Asif Ali
Shoaib Malik
Shadab Khan
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Harris Rauf
Mohammad Wasim

Substitute
1- Imam Ul Haq
2- Sharjeel Khan
3- Imad Wasim
4- Shanawaz Dhanni
5- Nassem Shah

Last edited:
He can hit yes, but very inconsistent, in the recent CPL half the games he did nothing but did start clicking near the end, hit 3 50's and his team was able to get to the finals. Don't think it's too much though to consider putting him in the WC squad that too on Aussie pitches, if he can bring consistent domestic performances in the next home season then may be then it's worth trying him out on the international circuit.

I like the fact when he does connect the hits are struck cleanly and many 4's

Considering Fakhar Zaman can't play Spinners
Considering Asif Ali's game is damaged due to not playing long enough

Azam Khan should be given chance in Next two series

Considering the lul middle order batting that we’ve got, he deserves a place.

Replace Azam Khan with Khushdil Shah.

And the batting looks better. I’d replace Asif Ali as well. He is good for nothing.

Our entire batting lineup is pathetic, with poor strike rates of all batsmen including Babar and Rizwan. They’re exposed badly by any quality bowlers from strong teams. A strike rate of anything less than 200 in T20 is pathetic, it ensures u only make 35 odd runs in powerplay.
Other strong teams aim for at least 70-80 in powerplay. Our pathetic, slow, dot ball batsmen can only do tuk tuk.
Middle order is pathetic, Asif, Khushdil, Iftikhar all fail when needed. All are flukes. Tullers like Afridi
Even in bowling we’re lacking. No yorkers, always bowling short/wide or pathetic line and length including spin. Any quality team can take this to the cleaners

Lets face it, Pak team is terrible at chasing too. And they can’t even set target of above 150 for other teams. Not sure why so much money spent on these losers and their entire traveling tabbars in hotels these days. Families should stay home. Don’t play for national team if u can’t stay away from families for few days. Too much wastage of money on these non-achievers.

The failure in Australia is due to bouncy and movement rich pitch
We should have set a camp in Australia for 2 months prior to world cup to get familiarized with ground conditions

I have to Admit that I considered Azam Khan to be too heavy or big for an Athletic game such as Cricket
However I have started to see glimpses of Inzimam Ul Haq in his power hitting
The Man deserves a chance

The most obvious thing about his inning is his Power while getting 4's on ground

Pakistan has been lacking the Power in the Power hitter category and may be adding a heavy weight is the solution

View attachment 884751
When he connects the ball is always struck with lot of venom

Rizwan
Shan Massod
Azam Khan
Babr Azam
Fakhar Zaman
Asif Ali
Shoaib Malik
Shadab Khan
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Harris Rauf
Mohammad Wasim

Substitute
1- Imam Ul Haq
2- Sharjeel Khan
3- Imad Wasim
4- Shanawaz Dhanni
5- Nassem Shah
Hi,

I have seen Tom Graveny play---. I have seen with these eyes Collin Cowdrey play---.

And they were not skinny lads---.

For a batsman to be good---fitness is overrated---.

T20 is much like baseball 1 hit you are hero , and most baseball players are bit on heavy side

It was unfortunate that he was not given a chance this T20 he did improve his fitness level compared to 2-3 years ago

Back
Top Bottom