What's new

Ayyan records statement, says she was unaware of Customs rules and regulations

truthseeker2010

Reaction score
RAWALPINDI: Supermodel Ayyan, who was recently arrested for ‘smuggling’ $500,000, claimed on Thursday that she was unaware of Customs rules and regulations and the amount of foreign currency allowed for travel.

“I would follow the procedure if I knew the rules and regulations,” the supermodel told a four-member team of Customs officials who visited her in Adiala jail to record her statement.

Ayyan was arrested from Islamabad airport on March 14 for allegedly smuggling $500,000 to Dubai.

Read: Supermodel Ayyan sent to Adiala jail for ‘smuggling’ $500,000

“I have traveled abroad several times but only carry $1,000 or $2,000. It was for the first time I was carrying such a big amount as I was not aware of the rules or regulations,” she told interrogators.

Ayyan said she would contest her case as she has ample proof of where she got the cash from.

Read: Ayyan: A model misguided?

“The Customs department had registered a case against the top model on account of making an attempt to smuggle money out of the country. However, it is not a case of money laundering,” a Customs official told The Express Tribune.

“It cannot be termed a money laundering case. There is difference between money laundering and smuggling,” he added.

Read: 7 things Ayyan can do in Adiala Jail to pass time

The official said that the special court for Customs, Taxation and Anti-Smuggling would decide the case in light of substantial evidence that would be produced before the court.

Read: Supermodel Ayyan’s bail plea dismissed

However, another Customs official requesting anonymity said Ayyan claimed ownership of the money.

“She claimed she has been working as actress and model for the last 15 years and the money belongs to her,” the official added.

Ayyan’s lawyer, Khurram Latif Khosa, could not be reached for comments.

Defense lawyers will reportedly provide evidence to the court to prove where the money came from.

Ayyan records statement, says she was unaware of Customs rules and regulations - The Express Tribune

She didn't knew.... seems like she is playing well.......

I feel sad for her but maybe 9 to 10 years in prison willl make her well aware of rules to follow.

Fuc* her.... that's why she was hiding that money in secret pocket..
Enjoy your stay hunn! :coffee:

My heart goes to her. She is weak. A pretty princess caught up between Ghouls.

Actually she is just a victim here. The big fish will as always get away with it. I hope she is let go.

Let her go:

1213166912.jpg

Actually she is just a victim here. The big fish will as always get away with it. I hope she is let go.

Let her go:

1213166912.jpg

she said i have smuggled a billion buck, and there is a gang of "models" working just to transfer cash out of country, and you are saying innocent...... she should get the toughest possible punishment...... she is not innocent.

she said i have smuggled a billion buck, and there is a gang of "models" working just to transfer cash out of country, and you are saying innocent...... she should get the toughest possible punishment...... she is not innocent.

I am not saying innocent. I am saying victim. What can a pretty girl of 20 some thing know about the world. If you want to show your power, then arrest those who were using these young girls. Do not arrest the prostitutes who are being exploited. Arrest the pimps, the corrupt cops and the the corrupt mayor, punishing them to maximum extent possible under the law. Over-powering a pretty faced girl will not get you far.

Let her go:

The corrupt politicians know all tricks to transfer money and which officials to bribe. She is guilty of taking her money out of the country while politicians take the stolen money overseas. She should be charged tax and released. Why not arrest Mr 20% Asif Zardari he is the biggest thief in Pakistan.

The corrupt politicians know all tricks to transfer money and which officials to bribe. She is guilty of taking her money out of the country while politicians take the stolen money overseas. She should be charged tax and released. Why not arrest Mr 20% Asif Zardari he is the biggest thief in Pakistan.

That is what I am saying. A wrist slap for her and the gallows for those who are exploiting girls. This is what justice demands.

I am not saying innocent. I am saying victim. What can a pretty girl of 20 some thing know about the world. If you want to show your power, then arrest those who were using these young girls. Do not arrest the prostitutes who are being exploited. Arrest the pimps, the corrupt cops and the the corrupt mayor, punishing them to maximum extent possible under the law. Over-powering a pretty faced girl will not get you far.

i second that.

a pretty princess or a prostitute?

i second that.

a pretty princess or a prostitute?

A prostitute also was a princess once upon a time. All girls grow up to become princesses. Only when monsters ruin their world that they become prostitutes. The princess at heart, then becomes a prostitute by profession.

A prostitute also was a princess once upon a time. All girls grow up to become princesses. Only when monsters ruin their world that they become prostitutes. The princess at heart, then becomes a prostitute by profession.

she chose modelling by choice, nobody forced her.......

she should learn from saulat and say truth that whom this money belong to .

I am sure, a few slaps on the table infront of her and she spills all the beans. Or maybe she already has. The question is, will you be able and capable of bringing her captors/handlers to justice?

I am sure, a few slaps on the table infront of her and she spills all the beans. Or maybe she already has. The question is, will you be able and capable of bringing her captors/handlers to justice?
in pakistan i don't think so

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom