What's new

Australias LNG pipe dream is gonna bust, their gas is 50% more expensive than Russias gas in China

senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
China-Russia gas deal 'to undercut Aust LNG' | Business Spectator
China is on the verge of signing an historic gas deal with Russia that is likely to seal cheaper supply for the communist giant than Australian LNG exports, The Australian Financial Reviewreports.

According to the newspaper, the potential 30-year, $US100 billion deal for Siberian gas is expected to give China access to a price of $US10 per million British thermal units, compared to the $US15 BTU China pays for Australian LNG.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is due in Shanghai today, with the Russian president reportedly saying a gas deal was in the "final phase" ahead of the talks with counterpart Xi Jinping.

The agreement that could be signed is a 30-year contract for Russia's state-controlled Gazprom to supply China National Petroleum Corp with 38 billion cubic meters of natural gas per year, Reuters reports. Gazprom said at the weekend that it was still "one digit" away from a deal.
On Monday, sources close to Gazprom and in the gas industry said Russia wanted China to pay $US25 billion now to secure future gas supplies, whereas China had so far been reticent, concerned that other suppliers would seek similar deals, the news agency said. For its part, Beijing has been pushing to secure equity stakes in gas fields in eastern Siberia, which would be the main source of supply, Reuters added.

===
america next?

Hehe Australian resources have always been far more expensive than the rest of the world. There's a reason however, why we're still the supplier of choice for China/etc.

lol... russia and mullahs are equally pathetic at their propaganda bullshits. getting screwed and yet trying to depict it as if the rest of the world having it worse.

i think mullahs taught a thing or two to their "russian friends" lol

lol... russia and mullahs are equally pathetic at their propaganda bullshits. getting screwed and yet trying to depict it as if the rest of the world having it worse.

lol you mad Iranian? no one wants to buy your oil and gas at all. I didnt knew that Business spectator is a Russian Mullah Arm.

lol you mad Iranian? no one wants to buy your oil and gas at all. I didnt knew that Business spectator is a Russian Mullah Arm.

i couldn't give a single **** about those mullah of iran. no actually im quite happy, keep this up a little longer, mullahs will be gone and they will be replaced by a sane Iranian administration that doesnt involve 7th century bullshit into 21st century politics.

@Abii what do u think?

Hehe Australian resources have always been far more expensive than the rest of the world. There's a reason however, why we're still the supplier of choice for China/etc.

for china but not the rest of Asia anymore, Australia exports went down since 2011. And so will Chinese exports too

0_f10ce_f730b735_orig

i couldn't give a single **** about those mullah of iran. no actually im quite happy, keep this up a little longer, mullahs will be gone and they will be replaced by a sane Iranian administration that doesnt involve 7th century bullshit into 21st century politics.

@Abii what do u think?

no it wont, as long as Iran is contained by America Iranian regime has a reason to exist

for china but not the rest of Asia anymore, Australia exports went down since 2011. And so will Chinese exports too

0_f10ce_f730b735_orig

no it wont, as long as Iran is contained by America Iranian regime has a reason to exist

Chinese exports won't go down. Australian exports have decreased marginally because of the slowing of demand in China.

Chinese exports won't go down. Australian exports have decreased marginally because of the slowing of demand in China.

not true take a look at all the countries, all numbers go down except for china

Well see how pathetic we are when Putin signs the 400 billion dollar gas deal, which is almost as big as your whole economy :lol:

The West in a decline westernized iranian, better get with the program :coffee:

Well see how pathetic we are when Putin signs the 400 billion dollar gas deal, which is almost as big as your whole economy :lol:

The West in a decline westernized iranian, better get with the program :coffee:

you dont get it, do you? i couldn't give a flying poo about west either. westerners are too religious for my taste.
anyway, these mullahs r only friends you got in iran. after they're gone you're literally screwed.

by the way, great idiots think alike, putin and mullahs share similar values, like: making intellectuals flee the country, creating economic mafias, selling a lot of oil and to hell with infrastructure, spending shitload of money and yet fucking it up (Sochi), you guys have more in common that i could think of

oh hey, was this the gas deal you were talking about?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/21/world/asia/china-russia.html?_r=0

china didnt become china by getting duped by isolated countries like iran and russia.
they would like your gas and oil, but under the market price, which is the only option you got right now, its the same case with iran.

if you stop exporting gas to euope, azerbaijan and turkeministan will supply them, but you'll lose customers, welcome to the isolated countries club where your nukes are worthless and all your natural resources will not be able to save you.

Last edited:
you dont get it, do you? i couldn't give a flying poo about west either. westerners are too religious for my taste.
anyway, these mullahs r only friends you got in iran. after they're gone you're literally screwed.

by the way, great idiots think alike, putin and mullahs share similar values, like: making intellectuals flee the country, creating economic mafias, selling a lot of oil and to hell with infrastructure, spending shitload of money and yet fucking it up (Sochi), you guys have more in common that i could think of

oh hey, was this the gas deal you were talking about?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/21/world/asia/china-russia.html?_r=0

china didnt become china by getting duped by isolated countries like iran and russia.
they would like your gas and oil, but under the market price, which is the only option you got right now, its the same case with iran.

if you stop exporting gas to euope, azerbaijan and turkeministan will supply them, but you'll lose customers, welcome to the isolated countries club where your nukes are worthless and all your natural resources will not be able to save you.

russia is not isolated like you, we have many allies besides china like india and vietnam. Europe wont buy azeri and otehr gas because much more expensive
fLkz_ndfR8UT19KfciI7C-ZUb87VZMxDMoFLJWIGiLuBD_0SGDZo6WkUP5tmZZb19FPHZTGOpOIXdDocDvvc_Q%3D%3D

Russia remains the cheapest supplier for europe if they really decide to buy gas from them they will have to spend tons of money, another burden on their indebted economy.

And if it thats not worse enough they do will need gas from other sources but not to replace russian imports, but in order to feed the current needs.
Europe will soon starve out of Energy in 1-5 years

If China doesnt want gas pipelines its fine too because we will have our LNG station in Vladivostok and Yamal peninsula completed and supply gas where ever we want. So in future if china wants gas they will have to pay even more for russian gas if they want.
yamal-lng.jpg

we are not like you iranians and have a backup plan. You neither have pipelines nor LNG stations

Need to reduce dependence on west for resources, technology and markets.

To a certain extent. Trade partnership helps to persuade the other party to not join up the opponent's camp as demonstrated by the recent Ukraine crisis. Basically, due to the trade between Russia and Europe, European Union would not respond to US' demand for more sanctions.

I would say that while a strong nation must make sure it is self-sufficient at basic level, but look for opportunities to gather as much resource outward as well.

Personally, I see no reason that China can't buy resource from both Australia and Russia. Raw material and resources have little added value and are perfect for balancing the trade.

Back
Top Bottom