What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 Taliban Killed by SSG Cammando in Kamra Airbase Attack - YouTube

Islamabad: A Pakistan Air Force official wounded during a Taliban attack on the Kamra airbase succumbed to his injuries on Friday, taking to two the number of security personnel killed in the incident, which also left nine terrorists dead.

PAF official Muhammad Iqbal died at a military hospital at the Kamra complex in Punjab province, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.

Iqbal was injured when a group of heavily armed terrorists stormed the airbase yesterday.

A soldier named Asif Ramzan was killed in the intense gun battle with the attackers yesterday.

PAF gets first Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C from Sweden ~ ASIAN DEFENCE

Atleast 3 aircraft are in service.

Serial numbers:

1- J019 (Not AWACS, only Saab 2000)

j019_1_mar15.jpg

2-10045

10045_dec8.jpg

1370283.jpg

3-10025
PAF+Saab+2000+Erieye+AEW%2526C_1.jpg

10040 is the 4th one.

25215217475814926038610.jpg

So, that is 4 aircraft accounted for.:D

No aircraft were at Chaklala, as they normally are. 2 were at kamra (on the ground), third one was airborne. Last one was said to be at Sargodha.

All four ac were on the ground at kamra at the time of the attack. three ac were in one hanger and one ac in a separate hanger.
the terrorists waited for all ac to return from their training sorties before launching their attacks.

all the above is eye witness account.

one day i will write all the details along with some pics and after reading them most of u will be hurt, very hurt.

All four ac were on the ground at kamra at the time of the attack. three ac were in one hanger and one ac in a separate hanger.
the terrorists waited for all ac to return from their training sorties before launching their attacks.

one day i will write all the details along with some pics and after reading them most of u will be hurt, very hurt.

So you are saying that the terrorists knew of the flight schedules and sortie environment. ??
As i said before, the attackers allegedly arrived with guns and rockets, and unless they used their rifle buts to smash the aircraft, i fail to understand how else would an aircraft gets destroyed with an acute absence of smoke or fire. !!!
Are the Hangars at Kamra big enough to accommodate three such aircrafts. And since you keep claiming to have some pictures, today is a good day as any to put this thing to rest.

So you are saying that the terrorists knew of the flight schedules and sortie environment. ??

Yes they were. The Saabs were in one place for the first time, and the attack happened. They must have some very good intel and recce.

S
Are the Hangars at Kamra big enough to accommodate three such aircrafts. And since you keep claiming to have some pictures, today is a good day as any to put this thing to rest.

Well, the hangar there (which houses the Saab) is apprx 97 meters wide, while the wingspan of a Saab 2000 25m. Do the math.

and unless they used their rifle buts to smash the aircraft, i fail to understand how else would an aircraft gets destroyed with an acute absence of smoke or fire. !!!

Again I say, a aircraft does not need to be burned to ashes to be rendered useless. Some airframe damage, and you trash the A/C. The A/C is not a tank.

Then the damage also needs to be assessed, if the damage is great, and the cost of repair is too great and offsets the benefits, then it is not deemed worthy to be repaired, and written off.

i know too , but no one here believes me ,

truth is very very bitter , PAF and other govt agencies have lied to us ....
i came to know about the truth about three days later , it was very very painful , extremely painful ,
but no one here in this forum listens to me , every one is believing in ISPR that has lied to us about the facts

I hope these terrorist are caught
& Military must find out how the they got the intel on the planes & stuff

That's the whole question......you only think it's happened without any substance......just like you think we lost some AWACS.

It was in the newspapers that atleast 1 AWACS was destroyed, the second severely damaged and the third partially damaged. Wasn't the news correct? Did we suffer any material losses in that attack?

If not the pics, then can you tell the serial number of A/C destroyed?

It was in the newspapers that atleast 1 AWACS was destroyed, the second severely damaged and the third partially damaged. Wasn't the news correct? Did we suffer any material losses in that attack?
It was also in the newspaper that Mirage rebuild factory had gone up in smoke with losses mounting to tens of millions, later it transpired that some dry grass in the compound caught fire due to the heat. People are posting all kind of nonsense,....does it qualify to have three aircraft crammed into one hangar, while a single one sits in the other......oh may be it was kept separate for the photo shoot later. Can you imagine three aircraft getting hit in one place (as per claim) and not a trickle of smoke leaves the building.... what to say of beggars belief. It's been a month since this incident took place, apart from the old wifey tales, has anything credible been put forward...... except that people just like to sensationalise on anything and everything. !!

It was also in the newspaper that Mirage rebuild factory had gone up in smoke with losses mounting to tens of millions, later it transpired that some dry grass in the compound caught fire due to the heat. People are posting all kind of nonsense,....does it qualify to have three aircraft crammed into one hangar, while a single one sits in the other......oh may be it was kept separate for the photo shoot later. Can you imagine three aircraft getting hit in one place (as per claim) and not a trickle of smoke leaves the building.... what to say of beggars belief. It's been a month since this incident took place, apart from the old wifey tales, has anything credible been put forward...... except that people just like to sensationalise on anything and everything. !!

PAF also has not shown the 3 aircrafts in question.. Normally with this kind of speculation going around, most organizations display the visual proofs (if available that is ;) ) to dispel those rumors.. Keeping the enemy guessing etc is all fine for feeling better, but the fact that ISPR hasnt spoken about it and there is no firm refuting of the rumors, kind of lends credence to the claims of damage being greater than "Minimal"

Also, one wrong news in a newspaper does not make all subsequent news also wrong.. Just like I remember one eminent Pakistani member ;) posting a picture of an Indian software company's shop floor as a picture of a Pakistani one.. That does not make all his posts since then as non credible..Does it ;) ??

i know too , but no one here believes me ,

truth is very very bitter , PAF and other govt agencies have lied to us ....
i came to know about the truth about three days later , it was very very painful , extremely painful ,
but no one here in this forum listens to me , every one is believing in ISPR that has lied to us about the facts

Rehan, we have been told something and those who told us said that this is the truth.
What is the difference between you and them? both say totally different things and both claim that they are right. It is nothing personal brother that no one listens to you! The thing is just that they provide enough points to support there cliam and you are not!
As windjammer have said, its about time! If you have any evidence, WHY YOU DO NOT POST IT!!
If you claim that ISPR lied, you must provide some material so people trust you and not ISPR..

Looking forward to see some credible info from your side!

regards!

Officer ???/ Who was the officer ??

Captain Tariq Jamil went to coma after being hit by splinters from RPG which landed nearby. The debris went for his head and he stayed in coma for about 5-8 days. If I am not wrong, he was near the Saab hangar.

376735_517063608308016_124515684_n.jpg

PAF also has not shown the 3 aircrafts in question.. Normally with this kind of speculation going around, most organizations display the visual proofs (if available that is ;) ) to dispel those rumors.. Keeping the enemy guessing etc is all fine for feeling better, but the fact that ISPR hasnt spoken about it and there is no firm refuting of the rumors, kind of lends credence to the claims of damage being greater than "Minimal"

:)
Despite all your wishes, i dont think this is the case Karan!!

They do not need to show them in pictures? where are the doubts the questions and speculations going around?? Here on PDF (perhaps because we have a large number of Indian members here).
the news channels or general public have gone past this! they trust what they have been told and ISPR is all good!
I don't see PAF doing a photo shoot of there assets just to please PDF members!!

Some SSG guy I think. It was on this thread I think. Whose pictures were being circulated. Or am I being mistaken?

That was a facebook rumor,later found to be wrong as the guy's brother commented that the officer is well and alive.

Captain Tariq Jamil went to coma after being hit by splinters from RPG which landed nearby. The debris went for his head and he stayed in coma for about 5-8 days. If I am not wrong, he was near the Saab hangar.

376735_517063608308016_124515684_n.jpg

This was a facebook romor,nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom