What's new

Attack on Hamid Mir: Geo TV declares war on ISI

@Patriots - this is the war they will certainly lose and good for Pakistan then. On this issue, if you have witnessed, vast majority of Pakistanis are with armed forces and ISI

yes, they did reported it and i agree with you that, whatever they aired ended with the line "hamid mir ne bta diya tha; aisa kehna hai amir mir ka"

But that was in clear voilation because PEMRA regulation is very clear that Licensee must ensure that No Content, so that includes everything, be it a report, news or opinion......as i said please share the relevant regulation that excludes Fair reporting or content being broadcasted

Content belongs to the one creating it. The accusations were made by the victim, and Geo's reporting does not make it Geo's content. Such a blanket ban of fair reporting would be an overly and illegally broad interpretation of these rules, in violation of Constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech.

What did Geo do that was in violation of any of the Rules? Did they make the accusation? They merely reported it, as is their job.

Goe was not reporting. Geo was accusing ISI. How irresponsible of media to show DG ISI picture for 8 hours with a caption of Hamid Mir's alleged statement? DG ISI is not a fugitive. The implication was he is!

Will CNN MSNBC or Fox ever run a report blaming CIA chief for an attack that has not even been investigated? And that too with CIA chief picture constantly on the TV screen?

This is not news reporting. This is criminal intent.

@Patriots - this is the war they will certainly lose and good for Pakistan then. On this issue, if you have witnessed, vast majority of Pakistanis are with armed forces and ISI
if that is the case then I would like to disagree here, it shoud never be about Armed forces, its about Law of the Land, the reason I am standing behind this move is because, I want these media houses back in their shoes, they had been voilating every regulation of PEMRA and there was no stop to it, they were negotiating with terrorist on live TV, broadcasting live footage of a Hostage situation and acting as if its their birth right?? no this has to stop

Goe was not reporting. Geo was accusing ISI. How irresponsible of media to show DG ISI picture for 8 hours with a caption of Hamid Mir's alleged statement? DG ISI is not a fugitive. The implication was he is!

Will CNN MSNBC or Fox ever run a report blaming CIA chief for an attack that has not even been investigated? And that too with CIA chief picture constantly on the TV screen?

This is not news reporting. This is criminal intent.

Wrong. Geo did NOT make any accusations. The victim did. Geo reported.

And proving any criminal intent to defame is going to be long jump and will require exacting proof.

if that is the case then I would like to disagree here, it shoud never be about Armed forces, its about Law of the Land, the reason I am standing behind this move is because, I want these media houses back in their shoes, they had been voilating every regulation of PEMRA and there was no stop to it, they were negotiating with terrorist on live TV, broadcasting live footage of a Hostage situation and acting as if its their birth right?? no this has to stop

Let PEMRA decide first, after Geo has responded the formal show cause notice.

There is no law of the land that says that the Army is above any and all criticism.

Content belongs to the one creating it. The accusations were made by the victim, and Geo's reporting does not make it Geo's content. Such a blanket ban of fair reporting would be an overly and illegally broad interpretation of these rules, in violation of Constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech.
so the problem lies with the regulations and ordinance- yes? and that is what i agree with you, need to amend the rules, but as per current regulations, this was wrong - atleast a written warning must be served.
From this case Members of NA & Senate can see that where lies the flaw and hope they can amend it - PEMRA in past few years has become a toothless organisation and they must revive it -----
I rest my case :D

A Tv station declares war on an state's intel. service ? o_O

superb....

so the problem lies with the regulations and ordinance- yes? and that is what i agree with you, need to amend the rules, but as per current regulations, this was wrong - atleast a written warning must be served.
From this case Members of NA & Senate can see that where lies the flaw and hope they can amend it - PEMRA in past few years has become a toothless organisation and they must revive it -----
I rest my case :D

I have always maintained that due process is important. Let PEMRA respond to Geo's response to the show cause notice first, according to the rules in force at the present time. Then, any appeals or punishments can follow, as determined. Amending the rules comes much later in the game and can be pursued separately.

Wrong. Geo did NOT make any accusations. The victim did. Geo reported.

And proving any criminal intent to defame is going to be long jump and will require exacting proof.
you are singing the wrong song, what part of Regulations did you not understand, it is you who is assuming things, Law is Law, you cant twist it as you please.

Let PEMRA decide first, after Geo has responded the formal show cause notice.

There is no law of the land that says that the Army is above any and all criticism.
watch that video from 7:34 onwards - that was pure hatred- and that was not meant to be broadcasted...

you are singing the wrong song, what part of Regulations did you not understand, it is you who is assuming things, Law is Law, you cant twist it as you please.

watch that video from 7:34 onwards - that was pure hatred- and that was not meant to be broadcasted...

I have no problem about the law being the law. What you see as "hatred" is merely your strong disagreement about the coverage, that is all. Others may have a different opinion. Letting PEMRA rule is the correct thing to do at this point.

Ok! Change the 'armed forces' to law of the land and what I said makes perfect sense.

That definition means something only if it can be shown how Geo's coverage fits the description.
you dont agree at all that there was any kind of violation done by GEO that day for 8 long hours...so there is no point in discussing it further .....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom