What's new

Attack on Hamid Mir: Geo TV declares war on ISI

The fact is ? What fact are we talking about here ? Propagandising and putting baseless accusations against an important and sensitive institution of the state is within the ambit of any media outlet somehow ? Seriously ? The present Govt's attitudes are well known , there's no need to pretend otherwise . Far , very far , it is from insulting the people of Pakistan .

Dont worry , the channel will not be fined by any chance and neither the public appears to be ready to accept the already-written decision judging from the responses of the ruling side over the matter .

There is a difference between who made the accusation and who covered the story. They are not the same. Seriously.

There is a difference between who made the accusation and who covered the story. They are not the same. Seriously.

Seriously , you didn't watch the transmission at all , in such case .

Seriously , you didn't watch the transmission at all , in such case .

Why don't we wait for PEMRA to decide if that transmission violated any rules? I will accept whatever it says, whether it supports my opinion or yours.

Why don't we wait for PEMRA to decide if that transmission violated any rules? I will accept whatever it says, whether it supports my opinion or yours.

That would have been applicable if PEMRA was indeed acting free and fair , it doesn't appear to be .

That would have been applicable if PEMRA was indeed acting free and fair , it doesn't appear to be .

We should stop calling anything that we do not like as being manipulated. Let PEMRA decide first and lay out the reasons for their decision. Only then can we discuss whether they got it right or wrong. Why pre-judge?

We should stop calling anything that we do not like as being manipulated. Let PEMRA decide first and lay out the reasons for their decision. Only then can we discuss whether they got it right or wrong. Why pre-judge?

The decision has already been made seeing the attitudes and responses , pretending thats its all fine and going according to the due process wont make any difference .

The decision has already been made seeing the attitudes and responses , pretending thats its all fine and going according to the due process wont make any difference .

No, we still have to wait for the formal 14-day notice period to expire, for Geo to submit its formal response, and then wait for PEMRA to announce its decision. Even if the decision is a forgone conclusion, whatever it might be, due process and letting it complete are important aspects of the rule and respect of the law.

Jung and Geo stand resolute on the allegations leveled against ISI and so is Mr. Hamid Mir, says Kamran Khan on "Aj Kamran Khan Ke Sath"

Aired on 30th April, 2014.

(35:58)

Ticker - Geo aur Hamid Mir ISI ke khilaf ilzamaat per sabit qadam hein (Geo and Hamid Mir stand resolute on the the allegations leveled against ISI)

123.png

Argument that Geo didn't level any allegations against ISI is no more valid.

Jung and Geo stand resolute on the allegations leveled against ISI and so is Mr. Hamid Mir, says Kamran Khan on "Aj Kamran Khan Ke Sath"

Aired on 30th April, 2014.

(35:58)

Ticker - Geo aur Hamid Mir ISI ke khilaf ilzamaat per sabit qadam hein (Geo and Hamid Mir stand resolute on the the allegations leveled against ISI)

View attachment 26527

Argument that Geo didn't level any allegations against ISI is no more valid.

Translation: Geo stands by its coverage, and Hamid Mir stands by his accusations.

Translation: Geo stands by its coverage, and Hamid Mir stands by his accusations.

What? You are a bad translator, no offence.

It says sabit qadam hein not hay.... Hope you know singular and plural use in Urdu.

No, just a fair minded accurate translator. Let us agree to a truce until PEMRA rules formally, shall we?

It says sabit qadam hein not hay.... Hope you know singular and plural use in Urdu.

I also know that hain is used as a mark of respect too. General sahib tashreef laye hain, not General tashreef laya hey.

No intention to ban Jang and Geo: Nawaz - thenews.com.pk

LONDON: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said on Tuesday that his government had no intention of banning Geo and the Jang Group as requested by the Ministry of Defence.
B'coz his daddy yashwant sinha has written a letter to him :agree:

I also know that hain is used as a mark of respect too. General sahib tashreef laye hain, not General tashreef laya hey.
Yes it is but here the "hain" is used for plural sense not for respect.

No, we still have to wait for the formal 14-day notice period to expire, for Geo to submit its formal response, and then wait for PEMRA to announce its decision. Even if the decision is a forgone conclusion, whatever it might be, due process and letting it complete are important aspects of the rule and respect of the law.

Not really interested in deluding myself even just because the formalities and the " due process " whatever the heck it means here - is completed . Become happy and content with a partial and already-done process ? I do not think so . It doesn't mean anything if the Govt has already announced the coming decision in various statements even before the television answering the show-cause notice .

Not really , they both stand by their accusations , that is what it says . There is no other translation or explanation . Even GEO didn't bother with that " coverage " line , it was adamant to put all blame on ISI since the attack .

Not really interested in deluding myself even just because the formalities and the " due process " whatever the heck it means here - is completed . Become happy and content with a partial and already-done process ? I do not think so . It doesn't mean anything if the Govt has already announced the coming decision in various statements even before the television answering the show-cause notice .

Not really , they both stand by their accusations , that is what it says . There is no other translation or explanation . Even GEO didn't bother with that " coverage " line , it was adamant to put all blame on ISI since the attack .

Actually, what you think or I think is not important. What PEMRA decides will be, whatever it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom