What's new

ATR-72 for Pakistan Navy

pics were posted.
what about the 2nd first.

Those pics were of the plane still in Canary Islands...not on the delivery flight.

The tender for second one was already given along with the first one, 2 aircraft in one tender before, now a separate one for third.

Those pics were of the plane still in Canary Islands...not on the delivery flight.

The tender for second one was already given along with the first one, 2 aircraft in one tender before, now a separate one for third.

delivery ho gai hai.

thats not a good example. iran is under UN mandated sanctions. PK comes under US country-to-country sanctions. for other countries esp. west we need to have better relations with them.

and yes money does talk.....

Good point Sir, except that UN sanctions on Iran were imposed by the same group of nations that can extend country to country sanction to the international levels. We must avoid that by having better relations with the west, like you say.

We are seeking access to technology with invisible funds? That's interesting - you know it seems to me that if funds can be available so can anything else. We need to be honest with ourselves, our malady is not that funds are unavailable, but rather we that we refuse to acknowledge how we can create funding.

My point is that money can be hard to come by or limited, but it is relatively easier to obtain compared to technology which is under sanctions. That is why I quoted Iran with the observation that we must avoid that situation.

Its amazing to see that PN has done a great mistake. Rather it should have focused with PAF that if PAC will assemble two types then they will going to buy it from PAC:
7 Saab-340 MPAs
11 Saab-2000 MPAs
both will have external weapons carriage capability along with MPA equipment from EU.

And Even PAF will buy bunch of it like:
5 Saab-2000 for AEW&Cs
7-8 Saab-2000 for transport
3 Saab-2000 for Recon and Survellance

5 Saab-340 for Recon and Survellance
5-7 Saab-340 for transport

And Even can be offered to PIA on behalf of payment from GoP.
5 Saab-340
5 Saab-2000

We can modify it like we did to Mushak and make them near to or even better than ATR-42 and ATR-72

Its amazing to see that PN has done a great mistake. Rather it should have focused with PAF that if PAC will assemble two types then they will going to buy it from PAC:
7 Saab-340 MPAs
11 Saab-2000 MPAs
both will have external weapons carriage capability along with MPA equipment from EU.

And Even PAF will buy bunch of it like:
5 Saab-2000 for AEW&Cs
7-8 Saab-2000 for transport
3 Saab-2000 for Recon and Survellance

5 Saab-340 for Recon and Survellance
5-7 Saab-340 for transport

And Even can be offered to PIA on behalf of payment from GoP.
5 Saab-340
5 Saab-2000

We can modify it like we did to Mushak and make them near to or even better than ATR-42 and ATR-72

Why would Saab sell Pakistan licensing rights to assemble and upgrade aircraft? After all, Saab is making good money doing that.

Furthermore, do you realise that the ATR family of aircraft have been the best selling turboprop of the last decade due to it's low operating costs? Bang for buck (sorry, rupee), it's the best turboprop out there.

Stop dreaming and look at the reality. The PAF and Army will continue to enjoy the bulk of the defence budget (which isn't very much), and the Navy will be left with scraps. That will continue to be the case until Pakistanis start paying their taxes.

EC-JAH-ATR-72_PlanespottersNet_363392.jpg

Why would Saab sell Pakistan licensing rights to assemble and upgrade aircraft? After all, Saab is making good money doing that.

Furthermore, do you realise that the ATR family of aircraft have been the best selling turboprop of the last decade due to it's low operating costs? Bang for buck (sorry, rupee), it's the best turboprop out there.

Stop dreaming and look at the reality. The PAF and Army will continue to enjoy the bulk of the defence budget (which isn't very much), and the Navy will be left with scraps. That will continue to be the case until Pakistanis start paying their taxes.

nishan101 logic or illogic is based on his 'desirements' not realistic assessments of 'requirements'.

Good point Sir, except that UN sanctions on Iran were imposed by the same group of nations that can extend country to country sanction to the international levels. We must avoid that by having better relations with the west, like you say.

My point is that money can be hard to come by or limited, but it is relatively easier to obtain compared to technology which is under sanctions. That is why I quoted Iran with the observation that we must avoid that situation.

i dont disagree and therefore the nation should pay its taxes so that we can purchase material with our own soverign funds and have many suppliers - hard cash is hard to refuse.......

But still I would say that if PAC had started up a JV with Chinese on Y-9 and smaller twin prop. then it will be good for PN to have an MPA version of it in their fleet about 11 Big and 11 small ones...

nishan101 logic or illogic is based on his 'desirements' not realistic assessments of 'requirements'.

i dont disagree and therefore the nation should pay its taxes so that we can purchase material with our own soverign funds and have many suppliers - hard cash is hard to refuse.......

Again, a good point. Our tax revenues need to increase substantially if we are to make ourselves secure.

I meant the number in navy...that is civilian registration.

PN S/N are painted when a/c arrives at its destination.

Don't tell me that they haven't reached Pak yet...!:eek:

It was spotted in Mallorca on a delivery flight on 3 March!!!

Don't tell me that they haven't reached Pak yet...!:eek:

It was spotted in Mallorca on a delivery flight on 3 March!!!

Who says they are not reached, I've seen it twice landing at Faisal Base Karachi. Although i've captured P-3c & C-130 several times with cellphone camera but i could not capture it. :dirol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom