What's new

Atmaca Anti Ship Missile first live fire testing...

different In spec However, its canister/ launcher and missile body is exactly similar to harpoon

nothing similar to HARPOON neither spec and missile body

1624100954764.png

then French EXOCET also similar to HARPOON
1624101423422.png

no

ours are coming with the PNs new supersonic AShM.

The atmaca in its current form is nothing more than a harpoon analog. When upgraded with new guidance like they are planning itll be alot better.

Once we see the supersonic AHSM then I'll say that we are on course. As of yet, we see the above from the ATMACA, which will be developed.
Having mentioned the Harpoon, we won't be seeing any of those past Pakistan's current stocks as the US wouldn't want anything to hurt beloved India. So if it's nothing more than a Harpoon analog, currently, it's well worth bringing in.

Once we see the supersonic AHSM then I'll say that we are on course. As of yet, we see the above from the ATMACA, which will be developed.
Having mentioned the Harpoon, we won't be seeing any of those past Pakistan's current stocks as the US wouldn't want anything to hurt beloved India. So if it's nothing more than a Harpoon analog, currently, it's well worth bringing in.

The Navy always always always does what it says it will.

It will be present onboard these ships, theyre far out or now.

Aside from that, the PN has a large inventory of harpoon Block-2's, there is no need for another sidegrade. It is not worth it nor is it needed, by the time these ships are being fitted, the PN's own missile will be ready.

The Navy always always always does what it says it will.

It will be present onboard these ships, theyre far out or now.

Aside from that, the PN has a large inventory of harpoon Block-2's, there is no need for another sidegrade. It is not worth it nor is it needed, by the time these ships are being fitted, the PN's own missile will be ready.

Yes agreed and I'm sure it will, but at the moment we can only work with what is tangible.

As for the Harpoon it's also operated by the IN. Yes the navy has good numbers of the missile, but It still makes sense to diversify your ship to ship missiles, especially in light of how ties have strained between the US and Pakistan.

Last edited:
Yes agreed and I'm sure it will, but at the moment we can only work with what is tangible.

As for the Harpoon it's also operated by the IN. Yes the navy has good numbers of the missile, but It still makes sense to diversify your ship to ship missiles, especially in light of how ties have strained between the US and Pakistan.

The PN is already diverse, lets take a look:

Exocets(all 3 variants)
C802
Zarb
Harbah
Babur(yes this is a LACM but theres no reason it couldnt be used against a ship if they can recieve midcourse guidance)
Harpoon block 1s
Harpoon block 2s
YJ-12

adding another type is just pointless now as the atmaca isnt bringing anything new to the table to be worth the cost. May as well hold off for SMASH and replace multiple of these. With exocets and block 1 harpoons alongside c802s being really poor for modern threats, needing to be replaced urgently.(I have made a post as to why the exocet is poor in the past and will update this with it)

The PN is already diverse, lets take a look:

Exocets(all 3 variants)
C802
Zarb
Harbah
Babur(yes this is a LACM but theres no reason it couldnt be used against a ship if they can recieve midcourse guidance)
Harpoon block 1s
Harpoon block 2s
YJ-12

adding another type is just pointless now as the atmaca isnt bringing anything new to the table to be worth the cost. May as well hold off for SMASH and replace multiple of these. With exocets and block 1 harpoons alongside c802s being really poor for modern threats, needing to be replaced urgently.(I have made a post as to why the exocet is poor in the past and will update this with it)

I was about to bring up the argument about modern threats but you did so yourself. Hence why the Exocet, older block Harpoons would warrant a replacement.
YJ-12 is great.
I guess there is no immediate need, it was passing thoughts. The navy will decide in due course.

Last edited:
no

ours are coming with the PNs new supersonic AShM.

The atmaca in its current form is nothing more than a harpoon analog. When upgraded with new guidance like they are planning itll be alot better.

Harpoon analog means block 1, you should proof you claims. LoL you have no idea what you are talking about.
Atmaca analog harpoon missile...

LoL....

hnet-imagedjjq0.gif

Attachments

• 1624115822795.png
    1624115822795.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The skin color of the person I circled in red isn't very similar to us, I'm not an outstanding biologist or culturologist, but it gave me a more Bangladeshi, Indonesian, Malaysian look. I guess there was no interest of any country other than Bangladesh among these countries.

View attachment 754658

Indonesia, Pakistan and Azerbadjan.

Harpoon analog means block 1, you should proof you claims. LoL you have no idea what you are talking about.
Atmaca analog harpoon missile...

LoL....

hnet-imagedjjq0.gif

What advantages does atmaca have over harpoon aside from size?

Perhaps a more modern seeker?

Yet to integrate IIR guidance, relies on ARH/GPS/INS for now.

So tell me, what does it bring over the Harpoon.

HARPOON has range of 140km
ATMACA has range of 250 km

HARPOON has 224 kg warhead
ATMACA has 250 kg warhead

HARPOON has no network enabled capability .... ( except blockII+ variant .. only USA has blockII+ )
ATMACA with KEMENT data link for network enabled capability

ATMACA has super sea skimming capability ( less than 3 m )
ATMACA with zigzag maneuver that makes it difficult for anti missile batteries

so ATMACA is one of the most advanced anti-ship Missile in the World

Last edited:
HARPOON has range of 140km
ATMACA has range of 250 km

HARPOON has 224 kg warhead
ATMACA has 250 kg warhead

HARPOON has no network enabled capability .... ( except blockII+ variant )
ATMACA with KEMENT data link for network enabled capability

ATMACA has super sea skimming capability ( less than 3 m )
ATMACA with zigzag maneuver that makes it difficult for anti missile batteries

I see you missed the part where i talked about the first two points. Its ok.

Anyway,

There is a "Block II+" package for the Harpoon which adds a datalink.

In terms of terminal maneuvering, yeah the atmaca has the advantage there, however its important to note this claim has come from one test firing video.

I see you missed the part where i talked about the first two points. Its ok.

Anyway,

There is a "Block II+" package for the Harpoon which adds a datalink.

Range is not important ?

250km ATMACA vs 140km HARPOON

also ATMACA has more 25kg warhead than HARPOON

In terms of terminal maneuvering, yeah the atmaca has the advantage there, however its important to note this claim has come from one test firing video.

not only from one test firing video , but many videos

02.11.2018 ( you can see zigzag maneuver 0:55 sec )

03.11.2019 ( you can see zigzag maneuver 1:08 sec )

Perhaps a more modern seeker?

Yet to integrate IIR guidance, relies on ARH/GPS/INS for now.

So tell me, what does it bring over the Harpoon.

Data link, bigger warhead and more guidance systems. Fact is Pakistan navy have no acces to tatest Anti Ship missile, from chinese to france missiles are old. Modern seeker is not enough? Well Pakistan navy is one of the navies who is interested in the missile and did see the action live. Pakistan navy will be the first navy who will buy Atmaca.

Can we all take a chill pill here?

Things are getting heated regarding atmaca, harpoon and HARBAH.

Can we just leave it at this? Congratulations to Turkey for the ATMACA

If the pak navy pursues the ATMACA then I don't see a downside to it. Whether it will arm our ada's or not it doesn't matter. Because either way, whether its armed with ATMACA or the new super sonic Ashm, it will still be enough for the IN

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom