What's new

At what stage is this Indian Air craft Carrier?

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Image is 5 month old. If some informed member can explain at what construction stage is this carrier. In my understanding it will further take this ship 5 to 7 years to be commissioned.

Indian carrier cons.jpg

@Deino @JSCh @cirr @Dungeness @LKJ86 you inputs will be help.

Last edited:
The Image is 5 month old. If some informed member can explain at what construction stage is this carrier. In my understanding it will further take this ship 5 to 7 years to be commissioned.

View attachment 549807

@Deino @JSCh @cirr @Dungeness @LKJ86 you inputs will be help.

I would consider it an "on-time delivery" project by Indian standard, if they can commission it by CAG's estimated schedule, 2023.

I would consider it an "on-time delivery" project by Indian standard, if they can commission it by CAG's estimated schedule, 2023.

Till now it has only gone sea floating trials and nothing more. It requires too much work. from this image all i can asses is the time period of 2026 to 2027.

Will be floated out for trials by the end of this year or early next year, and induction possibly by 2022.
It has undergone only floating trails and nothing more it still has no boilers installed in it. So how can you say 2022?

Till now it has only gone sea floating trials and nothing more. It requires too much work. from this image all i can asses is the time period of 2026 to 2027.

It has undergone only floating trails and nothing more it still has no boilers installed in it. So how can you say 2022?

That would be like 10 years behind original schedule, but this is India where delay is a norm and on-time is an exception.

Some time to go. Last time I've seen the radars, guns werent installed. Wiring and piping was occurring I've read.

india is spending on defense like u.s but has much weaker economy ,they are following ussr and will break like them
Really? Do you know that the only way any country can suffer economically is if its internal production goes down or it forex reserves are depleted? How will spending on indigenous defence weaken economy?

Will be floated out for trials by the end of this year or early next year, and induction possibly by 2022.

With all optimism accepted and regardless what the Indian press says, I find this as much unlikely as if the German Luftwaffe would announce, we'll introduce an indigenous fifth generation fighter in 2022.

Did HAL also made a floating version of trucks carrying Tejas?

With all optimism accepted and regardless what the Indian press says, I find this as much unlikely as if the German Luftwaffe would announce, we'll introduce an indigenous fifth generation fighter in 2022.
You forgot one important difference between Germans and Indians. Germans are more realists where as Indians live in land of hyperbole and lala land with nothing to do with reality.

Back
Top Bottom