What's new

Astronomers discover potential habitable exoplanet only 31 light-years from Earth

If the God ask me my one wish then k will ask, with full healthy working body - being young only die at mars.. :tup: :D

What if there's life on that planet, What if they are worse than us, have almost destroyed their planet and looking at Earth in hope to colonize it?

Yo mama so fat, her body covers the distance of 31 light years. No offense to anyone just a Yo/Jo mama joke :P but 31 light years on a cosmic level is very insignificant.

As a non scientist, What bugs me is, even for a planet this close, Whatever our telescopes are capturing happened 31 years ago 🤯
Like the light took 31 years to reach earth which we converted to image for our visionery senses to observe.

And for the planetary systems hundreds and thousands of light years away, That image is hundreds and thousands of years old. God knows what is happening in current time their. 🤫🤔 (Xfiles music for dramatic effect in background)

Last edited:
  1. Tidally locked.
  2. About 1.26 the mass of Earth and 1.08 the size (higher average density than earth), meaning the core & the planet has cooled down more than earth and shrunk more. Meaning magnetic field either non-existent or too weak.
  3. The star is a red dwarf meaning towards end of its energy cycle.
Nah! I'll probably not travel there.

PS: Did someone say 31 lightyears?

I don't know why you quoted my. I never said I'm interested in this field

You were ready to save humanity by colonisation of a distant planet in one of the recent threads. So i asked

So the image of the planet they observed is actually 31 years in the past. And using a space shuttle which travels at 5 miles per second, you would need more than 115K earth years to reach there. Too close, isn't it?

31 light years is only ??????????

What is the speed of the fastest spacecraft in the world?

According to information from the US space agency, the spacecraft made its tenth solar flyby of our star last Sunday (21), reaching a maximum speed of 163 km/s – the equivalent of 586 km/h.
Источник: https://planetariodevitoria.org/est...o-veiculo-espacial-mais-veloz-que-existe.html
Alpha/Proxima centauri system, which is considered to be habitable, is 4 light years away.

Our fastest, most advanced theoretical designs for solar sails which travel at 10-20% the speed of light, will take 24 years to reach that system (assuming they don't decelerate, which is a whole other issue), and communicating a two way message will take 8 years.

e know about the deeper parts our Earth oceans, merely 11km deep at best.
We know nothing about the tiny quantum world right in front of our eyes, or how those random mathematical probabilities materialise into tangible, stable objects.

Alpha/Proxima centauri system, which is considered to be habitable, is 4 light years away.

Our fastest, most advanced theoretical designs for solar sails which travel at 10-20% the speed of light, will take 24 years to reach that system (assuming they don't decelerate, which is a whole other issue), and communicating a two way message will take 8 years.

We know nothing about the tiny quantum world right in front of our eyes, or how those random mathematical probabilities materialise into tangible, stable objects.
24 years in space ? send the boneless animals then becasue humans cant live 24 months let alone years in space sir . as of now .

24 years in space ? send the boneless animals then becasue humans cant live 24 months let alone years in space sir . as of now .
This design is for unmanned solar sails. I don't think we are advanced enough to create manned space ships like that yet.

This design is for unmanned solar sails. I don't think we are advanced enough to create manned space ships like that yet.
i will be excited on unmanned missions when they ready send us first pic of extra terrestrial life .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom