What's new

Assassination of Ziaur Rahman

Bangabandhu murderers immediately seized power after assassinating him. After his death, democracy did not resume until the onset of the 90's. Zia's assassins were mere soldiers while Bangabandhu's murderers were backed by high profile political and military figures including Zia himself. The guy who became president after Bangabandhu's murder, Mushtaq Ahmad, was a key leader of Awami League. Bangabandhu lost his huge popularity largely because of being surrounded by munafiqs such as these. Zia's killers were forced to surrender and hanged within a week or so while backers of Bangabandhu's assassination wield significant political clout to this day. Bangabandhu definitely had some faults but Zia is by no means comparable to him.

Bangabandhu murderers immediately seized power after assassinating him. After his death, democracy did not resume until the onset of the 90's. Zia's assassins were mere soldiers while Bangabandhu's murderers were backed by high profile political and military figures including Zia himself. The guy who became president after Bangabandhu's murder, Mushtaq Ahmad, was a key leader of Awami League. Bangabandhu lost his huge popularity largely because of being surrounded by munafiqs such as these. Zia's killers were forced to surrender and hanged within a week or so while backers of Bangabandhu's assassination wield significant political clout to this day. Bangabandhu definitely had some faults but Zia is by no means comparable to him.

Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was an utter scoundrel. His killers had wide respect and popularity and so were not punished for many years.

Zia was by far they greatest leader we have. He was a visionary and an extremely capable administrator. He was a democrat in heart and tried to put the interest of his people above all. Alas he thought everyone else also shared his vision. His sole mistake was to allow hasina in, he was dead within 10 days of the ***** returning and the nation has been suffering to this day.

Mujib killed multi-party democracy in early 1975 by declaring one party rule. Mujib's response to corruption and ill-governance was grabbing more power. This man believed he was "Bangladesh", he can do anything he wants. I don't think the thought ever occurred to him that there can be an alternative to one party rule. He was a terrific politician, that's all he was, just a good politician.

Zia was not a politician, he was a general with the experience of top-down straight line Organization. At the very worst, he was an opportunist or as some might say someone who rose to the occasion. He was a good administrator, however he lacked political skills.

I doubt Zia could play pre 1971 politics as Mujib did.

Mujib killed multi-party democracy in early 1975 by declaring one party rule. Mujib's response to corruption and ill-governance was grabbing more power. This man believed he was "Bangladesh", he can do anything he wants. I don't think the thought ever occurred to him that there can be an alternative to one party rule. He was a terrific politician, that's all he was, just a good politician.

Zia was not a politician, he was a general with the experience of top-down straight line Organization. At the very worst, he was an opportunist or as some might say someone who rose to the occasion. He was a good administrator, however he lacked political skills.

'When you play with gentlemen, you play like a gentleman. But when you play with bastards, make sure you play like a bigger bastard.'
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

:D

'When you play with gentlemen, you play like a gentleman. But when you play with bastards, make sure you play like a bigger bastard.'
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

from the video I watched, mujib looks and talks like a gangster than a PM...

- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

I am hearing this for the first time, but it does sound like his modus operandi.

Mujib was a much better political leader than Zia.....Zia was a much better administrator!!

from the video I watched, mujib looks and talks like a gangster than a PM...

That's because he was an expert on underground politics.....He was suppressed by the west for a long time.When it was time for him to actually take charge he could not come out of his underground-politician persona.

A great leader
images

315039_10150284800244342_5708639_n.jpg

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=633552e0d3494e8b&sc=documents&uc=1&id=633552E0D3494E8B%21117#!/view.aspx?cid=633552E0D3494E8B&resid=633552E0D3494E8B%21118&app=WordPdf

What a weird comparison. Does anyone compare MAO with Abraham Lincoln? Stalin with Gandhi?Churchill with Hitler? How does anyone compare sensibility with madness?

Ershad recent maneuver towards Bharat Dalali and coaliting with Al give some idea that he may have been involved with assassination. If BNP come back to power some time in future then there should be neutral investigation to find out the culprit.

Pakistan Bangladesh relations were also good when ershad was president, and if I am not wrong Pakistan gave Fighter planes (F7 I think) as gift to Bangladesh?

You have only a black and white eye sight. Things should be seen in its proper perspective when it is about the history, and not through modified lenses.

Back
Top Bottom