What's new

Assalam O Alaikum from Rafeh

Rafeh

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am Rafeh. I am around 30 years old. Not married. I came from a set of diverse ethnicities from within Pakistan. I’ll just copy and past all that from my account approval page:

I was born and initially raised in Pakistan, but lived most of my life studying overseas (Europe, Australia). I have a lot of family members belonging to Pakistan military and other military research centers in Pakistan including at NESCOM, Kamra, Kahuta etc. .

Even though I came from a very influential family (or rather series of families) with MNAs still in parliament. I generally dislike politicians. Though I love Pakistan military and strongly support ISI and our other national security agencies.

I am an ethnic Pakistani Muslim with ancestry in all 4 provinces beginning with Kashmir (grandma from Kashmir valley, from the part still occupied), northern Punjab (mix Pothwari-hindkowan grandfather), Pashtun (mother), ethnic Baloch (mother's mother) with some distant relatives who are Sindhi (related to my Baloch grandmother). Some relatives and family friends are even from Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan area. My family lives in Islamabad. As a result I am mostly into Pakistan and Pakistan alone.

For this reason Indians should NOT welcome me plus I have very strong pro-Kashmir freedom views. I don’t watch anything Indian, ever, no exceptions. That’s just who I am. I don’t mean to be rude. This is just an honest introduction.

Rest assured I will abide by the forum rules and I do not troll, ever.

As a person I am an extremely nationalist Pakistani and proud Muslim with love for all other Muslim majority nations.

Profession: I have a PhD in aerospace engineering but I see myself more akin to being a pure mathematician since my research involved and still involves learning and applying very abstract mathematical frameworks (e.g. non-smooth analysis.) to aircraft dynamics (earlier) and later on mathematically rigorous AI/Machine learning (with applications to mainly robotics e.g. agile locomotion etc). I also hold a degree in mechatronics engineering. As a mathematician in my free time, I study various other fields as well (i.e. physics, other branches of engineering etc). So I just thought, on occasion I will provide my own views on project Azm and other technical projects that are going on in Pakistan etc

Also I intend to return to Pakistan to open my own aerospace and robotics related high tech firm in around two years from now (may be few months more or less). As a result I closely monitor any development related to Pakistan’s manufacturing abilities and especially our ability to import any test or development equipment used in high tech industry. While the former aspect is improving fast, thanks to china, the later now finally has become a reality for the most part.

Earlier we could not import much. Just a while back, I remember my failure to import some test equipment from US to Pakistan. It was intended for smart material dynamics and control analysis related work (for research in swash-plate-less helicopter rotor blade pitch angle control mechanism design. i.e. smart helicopter rotor system among others.).

Now I have learned from my relatives in Pakistan, that we can pretty much import any test equipment from China (…thanks China….). China provides a manufacturing base, which can be used to built a higher layers of value added systems design and engineering within Pakistan.

A potential which is now increasingly being recognized in and outside of Pakistan. Pakistan military is already assessing this as an ongoing thing, and its potential for near future military related high technology design and development within Pakistan. I regularly discuss all this with friends and family within Pakistani military research centers and elsewhere.

For that to happen on full scale, we must let go any deep rooted inferiority complex and accept our own unique greatness (we are no less Aryans). We can match and outmatch anyone out there. Instead of catching up why not just start at the same level or better still higher , at least in theoretical modeling and analysis. Surety no one is stopping us mastering far more abstract mathematics than used by best of the best engineers or scientists out there. Especially since abstract mathematics is the mother of all supremacy, in all of science and advanced engineering.

In other words apart from theoretical research I genuinely see Pakistan as a place where now we can actually set up world class research and development centers and make our way up. So I would like to high light that potential of Pakistan as a country on this forum and elsewhere (e.g. as related to say Project Azm) . Despite all the problems, rise of Pakistan is inevitable.

Coming back to myself, in Pakistan my main hobbies are guns (hunting, shooting as a sport etc.) Overseas I generally like to travel a lot, I mean a lot . I speak several languages with varying degree of command including Russian, German, some Turkish, some Arabic, some Persian etc. So have friends from those regions as well as watch their movies. That pretty much summarizes my hobbies I guess.

P.S. the reason for this rather long introduction is that I want people to understand where I am coming from whenever I post a reply or a thread. Rather than allowing people to project their own reasoning behind my expressed views, I want them to clearly know in advance that this is who I am and hence my reasons for these kind of views. A full disclosure of sort for future reference.

Last edited:
I am Rafeh. I am around 30 years old. Not married. I came from a set of diverse ethnicities from within Pakistan. I’ll just copy and past all that from my account approval page:

I was born and initially raised in Pakistan, but lived most of my life studying overseas (Europe, Australia). I have a lot of family members belonging to Pakistan military and other military research centers in Pakistan including at NESCOM, Kamra, Kahuta etc. .

Even though I came from a very influential family (or rather series of families) with MNAs still in parliament. I generally dislike politicians. Though I love Pakistan military and strongly support ISI and our other national security agencies.

I am an ethnic Pakistani Muslim with ancestry in all 4 provinces beginning with Kashmir (grandma from Kashmir valley, from the part still occupied), northern Punjab (mix Pothwari-hindkowan grandfather), Pashtun (mother), ethnic Baloch (mother's mother) with some distant relatives who are Sindhi (related to my Baloch grandmother). Some relatives and family friends are even from Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan area. My family lives in Islamabad. As a result I am mostly into Pakistan and Pakistan alone.

For this reason Indians should NOT welcome me plus I have very strong pro-Kashmir freedom views. I don’t watch anything Indian, ever, no exceptions. That’s just who I am. I don’t mean to be rude. This is just an honest introduction.

As a person I am an extremely nationalist Pakistani and proud Muslim with love for all other Muslim majority nations.

Profession: I have a PhD in aerospace engineering but I see myself more akin to being a pure mathematician since my research involved and still involves learning and applying very abstract mathematical frameworks (e.g. non-smooth analysis.) to aircraft dynamics (earlier) and later on mathematically rigorous AI/Machine learning (with applications to mainly robotics e.g. agile locomotion etc). I also hold a degree in mechatronics engineering. As a mathematician in my free time, I study various other fields as well (i.e. physics, other branches of engineering etc). So I just thought, on occasion I will provide my own views on project Azm and other technical projects that are going on in Pakistan etc

Also I intend to return to Pakistan to open my own aerospace and robotics related high tech firm in around two years from now (may be few months more or less). As a result I closely monitor any development related to Pakistan’s manufacturing abilities and especially our ability to import any test or development equipment used in high tech industry. While the former aspect is improving fast, thanks to china, the later now finally has become a reality for the most part.

Earlier we could not import much. Just a while back, I remember my failure to import some test equipment from US to Pakistan. It was intended for smart material dynamics and control analysis related work (for research in swash-plate-less helicopter rotor blade pitch angle control mechanism design among others.).

Now I have learned from my relatives in Pakistan, that we can pretty much import any test equipment from China (…thanks China….). China provides a manufacturing base, which can be used to built a higher layers of value added systems design and engineering within Pakistan.

A potential which is now increasingly being recognized in and outside of Pakistan. Pakistan military is already assessing this as an ongoing thing, and its potential for near future military related high technology design and development within Pakistan. I regularly discuss all this with friends and family within NESCOM and elsewhere.

For that to happen on full scale, we must let go any deep rooted inferiority complex and accept our own unique greatness (we are no less Aryans). We can match and outmatch anyone out there. Instead of catching up why not just start at the same level or better still higher , at least in theoretical modeling and analysis. Surety no one is stopping us mastering far more abstract mathematics than used by best of the best engineers or scientists out there. Especially since abstract mathematics is the mother of all supremacy, in all of science and advanced engineering.

In other words apart from theoretical research I genuinely see Pakistan as a place where now we can actually set up world class research and development centers and make our way up. So I would like to high light that potential of Pakistan as a country on this forum and elsewhere (e.g. as related to say Project Azm) . Despite all the problems, rise of Pakistan is inevitable.

Coming back to myself, in Pakistan my main hobbies are guns (hunting, shooting as a sport etc.) Overseas I generally like to travel a lot, I mean a lot . I speak several languages with varying degree of command including Russian, German, some Turkish, some Arabic, some Persian etc. So have friends from those regions as well as watch their movies. That pretty much summarizes my hobbies I guess.

P.S. the reason for this rather long introduction is that I want people to understand where I am coming from whenever I post a reply or a thread. Rather than allowing people to project their own reasoning behind my expressed views, I want them to clearly know in advance that this is who I am and hence my reasons for these kind of views. A full disclosure of sort for future reference.
Aoa and hi there!
Nice and expressive intro. Welcome to the forum.

Wa Alykum Salam and very warm welcome.
Really delighted to have you here :welcome:

Welcome, you will soon go blue and later red or maroon. I'm also an engineer thriving in this nascent Pakistani market, don't forget about me when you start your business here ;)

Earlier we could not import much. Just a while back, I remember my failure to import some test equipment from US to Pakistan. It was intended for smart material dynamics and control analysis related work (for research in swash-plate-less helicopter rotor blade pitch angle control mechanism design among others.).

A potential which is now increasingly being recognized in and outside of Pakistan. Pakistan military is already assessing this as an ongoing thing, and its potential for near future military related high technology design and development within Pakistan. I regularly discuss all this with friends and family within NESCOM and elsewhere.

Walaikum Assalam.

Amazing background.. Ma shaa Allah

May Allah help you in helping Pakistan.. Ameen

Welcome, you will soon go blue and later red or maroon. I'm also an engineer thriving in this nascent Pakistani market, don't forget about me when you start your business here ;)

Earlier I posted a longer post but realized that may be too much info on a first day.
still here is the short version.

My confidence in Pakistan as a nation comes from Pakistan's track record in many things.

For example: Just 10 years ago, stealth technology was considered "advanced futuristic" technology in Pakistan.

Now Pakistanis engineers say at NESCOM for example, routinely carry inverse stealth studies using both full scale (i.e. using Maxwell' equations) and approximate analysis (e.g. asymptotic approximation valid at high frequency such as theory of physical diffraction). Such a sophisticated and advanced transformation happened in just few years. Pakistan is just unbelievable. When Pakistanis really want to do it, they make things happen, really fast.

Consider the following additional examples:

Pakistanis initially had not idea how to run uranium centrifuges individually and as a cascade, then a single Pakistani mathematician modeled coupled thermal and mechanically driven convection at multiple scales within the centrifuge rotors which was then used to synthesis control laws (for optimum rotor dynamics at required stability margins) that gave us enriched uranium for nuclear weapons. Later on they were able to model the entire uranium cascade for optimum enrichment. Getting pieces of maraging steel based on Dutch design was NEVER enough to do anything for Pakistan via A.Q. khan. They were just pieces of metals (steel tins in nutshell). Process to make them work which is very mathematically complex that was needed. That competency made Pakistan a nuclear power. That's what libya did not have. They had centrifuges (from Pakistan) but not "that set of Pakistani mathematicians" along with other associated physicists to make them work. Pakistanis are very competent where they need to be.

Before Pakistanis could not teach engineering at advanced level in many sub-fields or had PhD degree at an international level. Then an angle named "professor Atta-ur-Rahman" was appointed by Pakistan military who created HEC, transforming Pakistani educational system into world class one, first time in its history.

When Bangladeshi people tell me "Bangladeshi is growing much faster than Pakistan", I tell them we have 3 word thing and that will ensure Pakistani will remain unparalleled no matter how much we are messed up. They think its ISI. Well true, that's too.

BUT its called HEC. Even Pakistani girls are doing PhDs in abstract fields such as areas of nonlinear functional analysis (considering abstract mathematics is traditionally a male area in Pakistan).

Thanks to HEC, Pakistani has now finally increasingly competent work force so much that even Germany has been asking permissions to import Pakistani engineering professionals.

The point is despite our problems, I have immense confidence in Pakistan. I know Pakistan may make me "maroon" as you put it, but Pakistan is also all we have. So I will okay, I guess, regardless of what happens.

For my own firm, I have the money to fund my own program without needing to sell any product for years to come. SO I can take my time which is very reassuring to say the least.

Pakistan is now a land of opportunity for business, provided one develops relevant capability in a proper sense of the way. Especially when we can now use the entire China as our underlying industrial base. Possibilities are endless. More importantly, the rest of Pakistan will do much greater things than I ever can. Pakistan has purpose and meaning to its existence by the very Source that creates all things.

Last edited:

Welcome and the best intro I have seen. Appreciate the down to earth attitude despite great qualifications
Stay blessed and looking forward to your posts.

Hi @Khafee if you can please read the intro and see if you can give a positive rating?
Thanks

Welcome and the best intro I have seen. Appreciate the down to earth attitude despite great qualifications
Stay blessed and looking forward to your posts.

Hi @Khafee if you can please read the intro and see if you can give a positive rating?
Thanks
Thank you brother. I think I wrote a bit too much since its my first day. But I just wanted to convey really I genuinely love and care for Pakistan. You take great care of yourself.

also @BHarwana, @Wow, and @Nefarious Thank you too.

@PakSword thank you brother.

Last edited:
First of all welcome to PDF. I am really impressed with your bio. We definitely need intellectuals like you in Pakistan to boost research and development. I hope one day you will make us proud.

Back
Top Bottom