What's new

ask me any thing ,crypto currencies / finance / !

Hi Blue, I was myself thinking about this but do not have any trusted local contacts who can help me with this. Any suggestion here? I would greatly appreciate it.

village has politics . locals have their own vested interest .

very important to know the people in the village , have good trusted relatives .

village should be near major urban centres / have canals nearby . you need to have your presence there . have a good large house etc

im doing recce of hafizabad these days , will update you accordingly

PS . mian mansha is buying large swathes of land in hafizabad.

Thank you for the detailed response.

I earn in USD so I have to convert anyways. I was just not converting for the past few months and now I have got like 8-10K USD which I am thinking to convert and maybe invest in real estate (not sure) at the moment as the real estate at the moment has pretty few buyers but again the commission hoarders as always are behaving like the market is flooding with buyers and asking enormous price. I really wish I lived somewhere in Punjab so I would have bought a few canals at that price :P

one of my friends dad retired as Lt gen . they got 50 acres in muzaffargarh and are now looking to sell it .

i wont recommend you since this region has some water issues .

right now. hafizabad and upper punjab is gold. many business groups are buying there. do they know something we dont?

hi ,

ask me anything regarding investing, trading, crypto currencies , etc .

i invest ,trade in stocks, cryptos, some real estate here and there

i believe there is a lack of awareness among people regarding financial education and investing in general .

no universities( not even harvard) teach real financial education and investing strategies , which i believe is a must study if you want to achieve financial independence. ( my goal)

more so , mainstream media will never tell you the inside working , real knowledge of financial industry

ask me anything , post a question, and i will answer to the best of knowledge and experience ( im a person who has made and lost his OWN money , LOL ) , and as they say , experience is the best teacher , so im open to share it with you guys so you dont make the same mistakes i did !
Sir I would suggest writing an ebook. Will read it cover to cover. Kindly tag me if you do that.

adding @ps3linux to this thread .

pl take time to give input

Yaar sorry, although this thread does fall right in my specialization but I have serious time constraints that's why despite wishing to contribute I have less time at hand to post something.

Anyways

1st rule, every financial product has inherent risks involved, people need to evaluate the risks before jumping the bandwagon. For example lets says toll plaza to toll plaza M2 is 360Km, the max speed allowed is 120kh/hr, simple math says I will cross M2 in 3 hours (under ideal conditions, setting aside ifs and buts), but if I wish to cross that 360 km in lets says 2 hours my average speed will have to be around 180km/hr. While theoretically I will cross it in 2 hours, but there is the other side of it the probability of accidents will start increasing exponentially once I cross 140km/hr, then there is the obvious motorway police speed checking and traffic ticket.

First case is the ideal condition and the other one is desire, same goes to financial products if you don't want to take risk otherwise known as risk averse your return will be at par with the discount rates give or take. but if you want to have higher returns (cross motorway in less than 3 hours) then you will have to take risk. These are entire specializations risk assessment, valuation of financial products, financial planning.

Time is another variable which can determine the returns, shorter the investment horizon smaller will be the returns.

Brokerage in Pakistan is a shithole and I compare them with the hawkers on old bus stands, no training, no understanding just going by stupid sentiments, so is real estate and PMEX.

trust deficit and of course not-so-honest people have really screwed many investors and potential investors that I fail to even comprehend.

There is another side, and that has to do with our jack-of-all mentality. Back in 2007/08 I was in country and met a group of individuals (friends of my father) retired general sb, retired brigadier sb, owner of monal and lmkr they wanted my advise on stock picking in Pakistan, actually general sb wanted was me to endorse his bullish view on MCB which was trading at Rs.450 way above normal P/E, and I clearly told them I will stay away from this as it is way overpriced and the dividend yield at best is poor. Gen sb got so pissed that he told me "tum kal kay bachay ho, tum amercia main kam karnay walay tumhein kya pata mein is ko aglay saal 1000 per share bechaun ga"
I said please be my guest and then I left. Then came the time of benazir murder and stock market freeze imagine what happened. Met the same group after almost two years at my dads place, it was a very pleasant exchange he he.

Same to real estate, investing in real estate particularly in ex colonial countries like Pakistan, India, Bangaldesh has significant risks and one should evaluate them before taking a position. Liquidity is a serious concern when it comes to investing in real estate.

One key tip I give to investors "free of cost" is "stop loss definition", e.g if I invest in a stock under any given circumstance I make sure that I don't suffer more than 20% loss on investment, once it goes to around 15% loss I sell the stock regardless of what to come. Although I manage my portfolio on dynamic CPPI flooring basis. While investing in an financial product one should define his/her stop loss floor, once the investment goes near that loss it should be sold without any ego.

There are so many factor than I cannot even describe them all, technical investing vs fundamental investing vs contrarian investing, etc , etc.

Commodities, options all carry their inherent potential returns vs inherent risks.

If there is a question regarding investing tag me, but please don't expect that I will be answering naiive question like is fort monroe a good investment or not.

Sir I would suggest writing an ebook. Will read it cover to cover. Kindly tag me if you do that.

i have to learn a lot more before i can do that , , but thanks for suggesting ,,

as i said, real financial education is not taught anywhere,, one has to learn it himself , the hard way

i would suggest reading investopedia.com for a start and then work your way in stocks, real estate and onwards to riskier instruments once you get comfortable with taking risk

simple rule . buy low, sell high .

Hi, I’m considering investing around 10k during 2021. I will do it through crypto.com and I bought a tezor one to store my crypto currencies. First I’ll invest around £2000, do you think it’s smart for me to go all in and invest it all in chainlink. Chainlink in my opinion will defo rise during 2021, how much it rises idk, i hope around $50 or more, that’s almost a 5x. I also will spend more eventually, right now i can see the next bull rush and I consider this one to be massive, any suggestions on what I should invest in, I’m considering at the moment (LINK, ETH, RSR and polkadot) any advice on what I should do, because I believe these will give me the biggest profit in terms of money. Any advice will be appreciated!!

Hi, I’m considering investing around 10k during 2021. I will do it through crypto.com and I bought a tezor one to store my crypto currencies. First I’ll invest around £2000, do you think it’s smart for me to go all in and invest it all in chainlink. Chainlink in my opinion will defo rise during 2021, how much it rises idk, i hope around $50 or more, that’s almost a 5x. I also will spend more eventually, right now i can see the next bull rush and I consider this one to be massive, any suggestions on what I should invest in, I’m considering at the moment (LINK, ETH, RSR and polkadot) any advice on what I should do, because I believe these will give me the biggest profit in terms of money. Any advice will be appreciated!!

ETH May hit an all-time high in 2021 to $1500, the only other coin I like apart from BTC or ETH is Cosmos and Polka dot.

ETH May hit an all-time high in 2021 to $1500, the only other coin I like apart from BTC or ETH is Cosmos and Polka dot.
Yep I agree, could be higher depending on bt, defo will be buying some eth coins, polka dot is also rising and considering it. how do you predict coinlink will be next year? I assume a 15-50 high next year, fingers crossed as I’m considering buying £2000 worth of coins next week.

Yep I agree, could be higher depending on bt, defo will be buying some eth coins, polka dot is also rising and considering it. how do you predict coinlink will be next year? I assume a 15-50 high next year, fingers crossed as I’m considering buying £2000 worth of coins next week.
To be very honest, I haven't looked into many other Alt coins (ChainLinks). As I prefer much stable coins Like ETH and BTC. Yes, low tier ALT coins have a lot of potential forgrowth but there are also much more riskier. Unless you have a lot of capital to play around, I wouldn't advice e going very heavy with other alt coins.

Hopefully, 2021 will have the withdrawl update for Eth 2.0 which can certainly skyrocket its prices. But recently there has been new speculation regarding US implementing some privacy controls over US Crypto exchanges. So lets see what happens.

To be very honest, I haven't looked into many other Alt coins (ChainLinks). As I prefer much stable coins Like ETH and BTC. Yes, low tier ALT coins have a lot of potential forgrowth but there are also much more riskier. Unless you have a lot of capital to play around, I wouldn't advice e going very heavy with other alt coins.

Hopefully, 2021 will have the withdrawl update for Eth 2.0 which can certainly skyrocket its prices. But recently there has been new speculation regarding US implementing some privacy controls over US Crypto exchanges. So lets see what happens.

ye I’ve been seeing such as ripple which has been affected badly, however chainlink isnt us based so I assume it shouldnt be affected.

Back
Top Bottom