What's new

Asia Cup 2016

From the last 10 years I've been hearing the same prediction about Newzealand i.e
Going into the tournament as a dark horse or one of the favorites but guess what they'll play good cricket and lose and break the heart of a young Indian who bunked his school to see their matches.
No. No longer my favorite.
They have played so well and are playing so well, the brand of Cricket is different and positive, they are surely one of the favorites. I get your point.

and i thought ring id is some ring with some sort of id - wth

India is undoubtedly the best team in Asia, they are such a consistent and settled side. They were in a different league compared to other teams in the tournament. Deserved to win. Indian team serves as an example for us, we need to settle some players to get consistency out of them. We change our combination every other game.
Going into T20 World Cup, India looks the toughest and expect just as equally good Cricket from New Zealand, i have a feeling that it might be their year. They are doing so well as a team, expecting them to do good.

@anant_s ,my favorite is New Zealand, followed by India, will obviously be supporting Pakistan :-).

In Asia???

We whitewashed Australia on their own soil and did something which is not done in last 140 years by anybody.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
12795166_749789511789026_6087292315145539797_o.jpg

Fair call, if the boundary cushion ropes is pushed back unintentionally (as in this case) by chasing fielder and ball does not touch the ropes (in new displaced position), it is counted to be in play and boundary is not given.
A small trivia, back uptill late 90s, Australian grounds had a rule, that if ball is in air and a player catches it even while leaning against fence (picket fence at a lot of places like Adelaide), the catch was considered fair. this rule is similar to base ball. Now it has been scrapped/ become redundant with boundary rope much within ground area.
i quote from a discussion
The boundary law was significantly revised in 2000.

You are quite correct - the current Law 19 regards the boundary as the line where the fence meets the ground. Ball or fielder touching the fence (on the full) is normally a boundary Six.

Between 1980 and 2000, Law 19.2 required the ball to clear the fence for 6. Law 19.3 (c) specifically allowed the fielder to lean against the fence.

I umpired a match at Lords in 1980s when there was a wire above the wooden fence and the ball passed below the wire without touching anything. I cannot remember what I gave but I know it caused a great deal of discussion.

between 1948 and 1979, Law 20.5 required the ball to clear the fence Law 20.3 allowed the fielder to lean against fence.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Cricket-1632/2012/11/cricket-boundaries.htm

Sher ko Chuhaa bana diya :taz::taz:

Back
Top Bottom