What's new

ASDF plane took evasive action after Chinese fighter’s threatening move: ex-commander

jerry_tan

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...s-threatening-move-ex-commander/#.V3NR-9J94dW

ASDF plane took evasive action after Chinese fighter’s threatening move: ex-commander

A Chinese fighter aircraft made a threatening move as if to attack an Air Self-Defense Force airplane over the East China Sea, prompting the Japanese plane to take evasive action, according to an article written by a former Japanese commander and published Tuesday on an online news site.

A senior Defense Ministry official later told Kyodo News that those details in the article published in Japanese on the Japan Business Press website are essentially true. Neither the article nor the Defense Ministry official said when the incident occurred.

The article written under the byline Kunio Orita, the former head of the ASDF Air Support Command, said, “Chinese aircraft have come to take very provocative actions in conjunction with developments at sea,” referring to recent Chinese naval ships sailing near and even entering Japanese waters.

The article referred to a Chinese frigate sailing just outside Japanese waters in the contiguous zone and near the Japan-controlled, China-claimed Senkaku Islands on June 9.

It also mentioned another Chinese naval ship entering on June 15 Japanese territorial waters near Kuchinoerabu Island south of Kyushu.

The article said a Chinese fighter “took a motion to attack” an ASDF plane that had been scrambled. It said the Japanese plane then left the area after the pilot decided it could be involved in “a dogfight which could develop into an unexpected contingency.”

The article also said the Japanese aircraft “utilized a device for self defense” to divert a possible missile attack. It is believed that the device was a flare deployed to draw away any infrared-guided missile.

“Chinese planes used to maintain a certain distance from ASDF planes and engage in relatively inhibited behavior” in close encounters before, the article said. “This time, the situation changed completely,” it added.

Orita, who used to be an ASDF fighter jet pilot, said it is possible such an encounter could develop into an air collision or missile-firing.

“The government should take the incident seriously and call on China to refrain from taking such action,” he wrote.

Orita joined the Air Self-Defense Force after graduating from the National Defense Academy in 1974. He became the Commander of Air Support Command in 2006 and retired in 2009.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...s-threatening-move-ex-commander/#.V3NR-9J94dW

A Chinese fighter aircraft made a threatening move as if to attack an Air Self-Defense Force airplane over the East China Sea, prompting the Japanese plane to take evasive action, according to an article written by a former Japanese commander and published Tuesday on an online news site.

A senior Defense Ministry official later told Kyodo News that those details in the article published in Japanese on the Japan Business Press website are essentially true. Neither the article nor the Defense Ministry official said when the incident occurred.

The article written under the byline Kunio Orita, the former head of the ASDF Air Support Command, said, “Chinese aircraft have come to take very provocative actions in conjunction with developments at sea,” referring to recent Chinese naval ships sailing near and even entering Japanese waters.

The article referred to a Chinese frigate sailing just outside Japanese waters in the contiguous zone and near the Japan-controlled, China-claimed Senkaku Islands on June 9.

It also mentioned another Chinese naval ship entering on June 15 Japanese territorial waters near Kuchinoerabu Island south of Kyushu.

The article said a Chinese fighter “took a motion to attack” an ASDF plane that had been scrambled. It said the Japanese plane then left the area after the pilot decided it could be involved in “a dogfight which could develop into an unexpected contingency.”

The article also said the Japanese aircraft “utilized a device for self defense” to divert a possible missile attack. It is believed that the device was a flare deployed to draw away any infrared-guided missile.

“Chinese planes used to maintain a certain distance from ASDF planes and engage in relatively inhibited behavior” in close encounters before, the article said. “This time, the situation changed completely,” it added.

Orita, who used to be an ASDF fighter jet pilot, said it is possible such an encounter could develop into an air collision or missile-firing.

“The government should take the incident seriously and call on China to refrain from taking such action,” he wrote.

Orita joined the Air Self-Defense Force after graduating from the National Defense Academy in 1974. He became the Commander of Air Support Command in 2006 and retired in 2009.
Your Pinoy presidential going to be friendly with Chinese and give up Scarborough shoal. Why still so much hard feeling ? :lol:

Japan is seriously deluded in thinking they could win any sort of confrontation against China. This isn't the same China that was defeated in the first two Sino-Japanese wars. That China has fled to Taiwan long ago...

China won the second Sino Japanese war, but at huge cost.

Third Sino Japan war I will have my money on China. Hopefully such a thing will not occur though.

China won the second Sino Japanese war, but at huge cost.

Third Sino Japan war I will have my money on China. Hopefully such a thing will not occur though.

If there is a third Sino Japan war, China need to end the Japanese threat once and for all. It's been going on too long throughout history. The Japanese will never cease the conquest of China.

If there is a third Sino Japan war, China need to end the Japanese threat once and for all. It's been going on too long throughout history. The Japanese will never cease the conquest of China.

If they attack for a third time I agree. End it one and for all.

But I think that peace is better, war and brutality is a Japanese thing.

They'll never be a third Sino - Japanese war, its more like there will be a slaughter on the Japanese forces.

If they attack for a third time I agree. End it one and for all.

But I think that peace is better, war and brutality is a Japanese thing.

I understand. But what I'm saying is that there is peace with Japan because China is strong. Who knows, maybe in 200 years in the future if China is weak again and Japan is strongest in East Asia it will be like 1930s again.

So in order to prevent future bloodshed, should there be a third Sino-Jap war in the near future, China need to end the threat once and for all.

This piece of news was making rounds on yahoo Japan and several Chinese military forums for around a week before it finally showed up on a major English language news outlet.

I understand. But what I'm saying is that there is peace with Japan because China is strong. Who knows, maybe in 200 years in the future if China is weak again and Japan is strongest in East Asia it will be like 1930s again.

So in order to prevent future bloodshed, should there be a third Sino-Jap war in the near future, China need to end the threat once and for all.

Yep, the Japanese militarist mentality is like a time bomb, it needs to be terminated once for all.

Yep, the Japanese militarist mentality is like a time bomb, it needs to be terminated once for all.

I don't think that there is a Japanese militarist mentality nowadays. Otaku culture is strong not just in Japan, but much of East Asia.

I don't think that there is a Japanese militarist mentality nowadays. Otaku culture is strong not just in Japan, but much of East Asia.
The general populace does not need to be militaristic. As long as the people in charge is militiaristic it is not too hard to convince the general populace

On a side note, another issue I find with East Asia are faggot-like male actors wearing makeup and looking like a fucking tranny thus making real manly Asians look bad

The general populace does not need to be militaristic. As long as the people in charge is militiaristic it is not too hard to convince the general populace

If the general public doesn't want to be militaristic, it's very difficult for the higher ups to force them to become militaristic. What if they just call it quits midway through a war?

China says Japanese F-15s locked onto its fighters over East China Sea
Gabriel Dominguez, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
05 July 2016
1127181_-_main.jpg

China has accused two Japanese F-15s (similar to these) of provoking Chinese aircraft flying within its unilaterally declared Air Defence Identification Zone (ADIZ) on 17 June. Source: JASDF
China's Ministry of National Defense has accused two Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) F-15 fighters of locking their fire-control radars onto two Chinese Sukhoi Su-30 fighters flying over the East China Sea on 17 June.

The ministry also refuted claims that had emerged in Japanese media stating that one of the Chinese fighters had been close to firing on a JASDF F-15 that was scrambled over the disputed area.

"The remarks from the Japanese side are just distorting facts by calling white black and sowing discord," a representative of the Information Bureau of China's Ministry of National Defense said on 4 July, according to the China Military Online website.

The spokesperson stated that two Chinese Su-30s conducting a "routine patrol over the East China Sea Air Defence Identification Zone (ADIZ)" - which was unilaterally declared by China in late 2013 - were approached by two JASDF F-15s at high speed that "used fire-control radar to lock onto the Chinese fighters", meaning they were ready to fire their weapons.

The Chinese Su-30s reacted by adopting "decisive measures such as tactical manoeuvres" to deal with the Japanese fighters' "provocations", the spokesperson said. The two F-15s then flew away after firing infrared flares, he added.

The Chinese spokesperson warned that the Japanese actions have the potential to cause "aerial accidents and serious harm and injury to all aircrews involved". He also expressed hope that Tokyo would "meet with China halfway" and "eliminate obstacles in negotiations" to create the conditions necessary for launching and operating the China-Japan Maritime and Air Liaison Mechanism, which both sides had agreed to create last December to prevent unintended clashes at sea.

Japan's deputy chief cabinet secretary, Koichi Hagiuda, denied the Chinese accusations. The senior government official was quoted by The Japan Times as saying on 5 June that JASDF fighters have "never taken any of the provocative actions as claimed by China's defence ministry", including locking their fire-control radar onto the Chinese fighters.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom