What's new

As West Bengal starts to become West Bangladesh, time to remember how Bangladesh was formed to realize the goals of Lahore Resolution

I never understood this point.

Urdu was as foreign to modern-day Pakistan as it was to Bengal. Hardly anyone spoke it prior to the 1940's in modern-day Pakistan.
During the British period, the Muslims of Bengal abstained from learning either in English or in Bengali.

This continued until probably the 1930s when the education waves created by Maulana Muhammed Ali and Maulana Shawkat Ali reached our doors and our forefathers started to learn Bengali as well as the English language.

Bengali Hindus were far ahead of us and we remained backward. We started learning in English and Bengali only during the '30s.

Then came Pakistan and west Pakistanis wanted us to learn Urdu. But by the time Pakistan was formed, the Muslims of Bengal had already forgotten this language as well as Persian.

So, to study all the subjects in Urdu would have been suicidal to us in terms of job prospects and our future in the state of Pakistan. This is the reason why our people opposed the replacement of Bengali by Urdu.

I personally think the language movement was the right step we have taken.

yes but Bengal sultanate almost always rebelled against Dehli Sultan and Mughals. It retained its Faith (Islam) nonetheless
The independent Sultanate of Bengal continued from1352 to 1539 and for a short period from1554 to 1576. In total, it is about 200 years. Before and after these two periods Bengal was a part of the Delhi Sultanate.

The great war between Mughal Delhi and Pathan Bengal continued for about 30 years from 1576 to 1605. Finally, during the time of Emperor Jahangir, after a war between Pathan Khwaja Osman and Mughal commander Shahbaz Khan in Uhar of Mymensingh, Bengal lost its independent status in 1605.

Dhaka became the Capital of Sube Bangal consisting of Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Orissa. Shaikh Islam Khan became the first military governor of this Province.

yes but Bengal sultanate almost always rebelled against Dehli Sultan and Mughals. It retained its Faith (Islam) nonetheless

Self rule and sovereignty has always been a feature of our people. Creation of the delhi sultanate is the formal begining of muslim soverign bengali identity, although muslim history is older.

Interesting article, with lots of misunderstanding or misrepresentations that I feel compelled to highlight. After all, history is about interpretation, and for far too long our history has been interpreted by others, no longer.

Whenever the word Pakistan is uttered, a negative picture of a strict Islamic country emerges.
This is pure BS created in the mind-set of Indians, essentially non Muslim groups and few others. Pakistan was meant to be a secure environment for Muslims, as all things in life, the idea evolved over time. Muslim rights are separate from Islamic idealism, that is an important differentiation that constantly gets ignored.
I don't care much about Islam, in-fact I was an atheist for much of my life, but I'll be damned if I allow anyone to attack my Muslim identity, because it forms the core of my moral belief system To confuse Islamic identity with Muslim identity is to be ignorant. The above statement shows naked ignorance.

The name Pakistan (meaning Holy Land)
Pakistan does not mean holy land, which idiot wrote this article?
It means the land of the pure. Pak means pure, and stan means land.

“One Pakistan has been replaced by two Pakistans in accordance with Lahore Resolution.
This is the truest sentence in the whole article. I was born after 1971, But, Bangladesh is one of those countries I would, hand on my heart, die for. Others being Pakistan, UK, and just the holy lands in Saudi.

After the partition of the country, all the Bengali newspapers published in East Bengal and who spoke in favour of the Bengali language had Arabic names – Paygam, Dainik Azad, Ittefaq, Insan, Insaf etc.
It's not Arabic name, this constant duplicitous interpretation is extremely frustrating, either the person is completely dumb. Or, has malicious intent.
If you are a Muslim what names are you suppose to use? Ram? how the "F" does that make sense?
They are not Arabic names but Muslim names, because being Muslim, those are the names you would choose.
Hinduism did not began at the dawn of time, it started long after human civilisation started, in-fact after the Indus Valley Civilisation, which is Pakistani heritage.

The process of the Arabization of the Bengali language has been going on since then.
There is no Arab process, this is a hate filled comment.
Every nation, language and society is always in the process of evolution, that's a fact. There is no need to provide a malign meaning to that process. They are Muslims therefore will apply Muslim influences to their evolution. It is not realisation but a natural process of evolution according to their belief systems.
It is just a natural evolution of Bengali nation.

In 1950, during the language movement, Jogendranath Mandal, the law minister of Pakistan, a leader of the Scheduled Caste Society, a supporter of the Pakistan movement, fled to India to save his life.
Again, what the heck does this have to do with Bengal?
Unless the express purpose is to spread hate towards Pakistan, based on lies.
The process of migration continued into the 1950's at a slower pace , and even the 1960's.
He did not flee for his life, that's a stupid lie, but decided that his future was better served in India, many important Muslim personalities moved to Pakistan from India after 1950 as well.
It is shameless approach to constantly apply maligned colour to such facts, it is nakedly wrong and a shameless approach.

Following the tradition of Pakistan, persecution of Hindus continued
Again, more stupid hollow lies, this is just shameless. Hindus are NOT PERSECUTED in Pakistan. Repeating lies does not make it true.

Durga Puja, which is considered to be the biggest festival of Hindus
I know Hindus of West Bengali origin and Bihari and other part of India. it is a major Bengali Hindu festival, not a purely Hindu festival. Other Hindus couldn't care less, unless they know a Bengali Hindu. I have attended Durga puja for the same reason, I have Bengali Hindu friends.

Don't create a unified Hindu identity when it doesn't exist. Don't rely on lies to create an artificial reality.

‘When did the idea of Bangladesh come to your mind?’ – He smiled and said, in 1947. I was a part of the team of Mr. Suhrawardy
Few truthful statements in this article, even Jinnah accepted it. Only the congress opposed it. It is a proof that Bangladesh was inevitable.

I personally think the language movement was the right step we have taken.
Although I agree with you, I think it is fair to remember that it is also a misunderstood part of history. Jinnah sahib had never opposed the use of Bengali in Bengal as an official language. I have a copy of his speech, he clearly said provinces are free to choose and use any language they wish, he clearly only refers to the Urdu as the national language, which also wasn't a local language in the west.
There was a need for a single language and Urdu was a neutral source, which was historically associated with Muslim heritage. There are too many hidden truths.
But, no hard feelings, just it is important to remember other important facts because they get lost in the fog of history.

Last edited:
Pakistan and Bangladesh should make a military alliance. Assam, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya and West Bengal go to Bangladesh to create greater Bangladesh. Kashmir, Punjab (including Himachal, Chandigarh and Haryana), Rajasthan, Gujarat and Agra go to Pakistan to create greater Pakistan.
Plus a land corridor should be made between our brotherly countries.
Rest of India should be Balkanized and made into our colonies.

Pakistan and Bangladesh should make a military alliance. Assam, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya and West Bengal go to Bangladesh to create greater Bangladesh. Kashmir, Punjab (including Himachal, Chandigarh and Haryana), Rajasthan, Gujarat and Agra go to Pakistan to create greater Pakistan.
Bhai we need delhi sultanate back.

Bhai we need delhi sultanate back.

Don't forget us South Indians and Deccan. We have always been friends of Pakistan.

Don't forget us South Indians and Deccan. We have always been friends of Pakistan.
Delhi Sultanate will be the buffer state between Greater Pakistan and Greater Bengal as well as keep the north indian in check

Deccan sultanate will do the same thing for the south indians.

United Pashtunistan is more so.
Meanwhile United rapistan, lynchistan is already on the map
OKBYyzJyaFgSavI-800x450-noPad.jpg

One problem with West Bengal joining Bangladesh - Hindus in West Bengal hate Bangladesh. I've worked with several Indian Bengalis and expected them to have a soft corner for their brethren in the east. But to my surprise, every single one of 'em dislike Bangladesh :undecided:

nah keep the punjab, I as a punjabi dont want to live with those shitholes.
Pakistan Punjab is the actual shithole. :D :rofl:

Let's find it out! Remember this does not include the current economic parameters of Haryana & Himachal which were carved out of Punjab.

1.Economy-
PAKISTANI PUNJAB -
GDP- $175 Billion
Population- 11.05 crores
GDP per capita - $1572
INDIAN PUNJAB-
GDP- $80 Billion
Population- 3.06 crores
GDP per capita - $2622
Here,Indian Punjab clearly leaves it's Pakistani counterpart behind.
Education-
Literacy rates-
Pakistani Punjab- 60%(in 2018)
Indian Punjab- 75.84%(in 2011)
Universities-
Pakistani Punjab-
main-qimg-15a5e3cb36c4024c538753d62e257d99-pjlq

main-qimg-4f453580ce952965399a83476bc39e54-pjlq

Indian Punjab-
main-qimg-7921683f53b4d8d305587edc56fc3de6-pjlq

main-qimg-12b88fba92222a77f29555291183fde6-pjlq

main-qimg-8b5d26ba7e260d7554ae32d958eaa20b-pjlq

In this field also, Indian Punjab is way ahead of Pakistani Punjab.
Infrastructure
percentage of households with electrification-
Indian Punjab- 100%(in 2016)
Pakistani Punjab-73% (in 2016)
Road network-
Indian Punjab- NH1, NH3, NH5, NH7, NH9, NH44, NH52 and many more.
A total of 2567 km of national highways are present in the state.
main-qimg-2e874d14bd7304d2f38b8115d794876a-lq

(National highways are mostly 4 -6 lane roads.)
Pakistani Punjab- N35, N40, N50,N55 and many more.
Total of 1021 km of national highways pass through the province.
main-qimg-44747d90ae73d36a91140c21bbeefd2e-lq

(In Pakistan, National highways are 2–4 lane roads.)
There are also various state highways present on both sides which are mostly 2–4 lanes.
Internet availability-
Indian Punjab- Because of the launch of jio in 2016, now it is very easy to get 4g connectivity in any part of India.
Pakistani Punjab-However,same cannot be said about Pakistani Punjab where 4g connectivity is only limited to cities.
HDI-
Indian Punjab - 0.721 (high hdi)
Pakistani Punjab-0.670 ( middle hdi)
So, we can conclude that the indian Punjab is way better than the Pakistani Punjab on the basis of the above mentioned factors.
Edit 1 : I decided to also add a comparison on poverty rates…

POVERTY RATES-

INDIAN PUNJAB- 8.26% (2013)

PAKISTANI PUNJAB- 26.4%(2013)

Note- all the facts provided in the answer are taken from Wikipedia. The writer is not responsible if anything is incorrect. And if it is kindly mention in comments so that I can rectify the mistakes.

Meanwhile United rapistan, lynchistan is already on the map
View attachment 812376
The best you can do Bhikaristan? By the way "khwab se niklo, Kashmir ab abhi hamara hai!" :rofl:

One problem with West Bengal joining Bangladesh - Hindus in West Bengal hate Bangladesh. I've worked with several Indian Bengalis and expected them to have a soft corner for their brethren in the east. But to my surprise, every single one of 'em dislike Bangladesh :undecided:
There is pdf member whose family migrated from Bangladesh

He didn't have good words to describe shonor land, probably tired some vermins having East Pakistani hangover

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom