What's new

Arundhati Roy Says ‘Kashmir should get Azadi from bhookhe-nange Hindustan’

and yet you shamelessly accepted the aid from the same bhooka nanga people?

Didn't Pakistan or its people thought about Kashmiri's then?

Or there are separate logic at the time of recieving hard cash?

Your rant aint going to make any influence.

Your aid rhetoric has nothing to do with Kashmir issue. By your logic we should end diplomatic ties rather every kind of ties with India.

The only people who oppose to polls are Separatists and Terrerists. Not us.

Gilani himself used to contest and win elections.

Sajjad Lone himself contested elections last year.

GB

If you are so confident then let come in the open and hold a plebiscite by your claims India will be winning ;)

If you are afraid to lose then it means :bunny:

If you are so confident then let come in the open and hold a plebiscite by your claims India will be winning ;)

We have always hold free and fair elections. IF PDP can win and form Government anyone can including separatists.

Its the separatists who are running away from elections not GOI.

Let he separatists take part in elections and win. We will talk then.

If they can't dont come up with ifs and buts.

It does.

If we are Bhooka Nanga Pakistan shouldn't be accepting any aid from the bhooka nangas.

If Pakistan accepts the aid from the Indians then we are not Bhooka Nanga. Pakistan has no right to call us the same.

If you say no its Kashmiri's who call you that, then again Pakistan shouldn't be accepting aid from India for honor the call.

Choose one.

GB

Does not talk about IPC.

Try again. Welcome to High Court of Jammu & Kashmir

What happpens when someone is caught stealing? Are his hands chopped?

What happened to those who were accused of rapes? Were they stoned?

What happens to a murderer? Don't they book him under 302?

GB

Kashmir state laws I guess don't follow Sharia, so stoning is irrelevant! But their Freedom of Expression is different than rest of India's Freedom of Expression.

Roy hurt by Kashmiri slogan: ‘bhooka nanga Hindustan, jaan se pyara Pakistan’

Ms Roy reminded the Kashmiris at the meeting that she was hurt by their slogan – bhooka nanga Hindustan, jaan se pyara Pakistan

New Delhi: Indian writer and activist Arundhati Roy who has been canvassing for freedom of Jammu and Kashmir from years of military occupation said on Tuesday that far from seeking a break up of India, as alleged by her rightwing detractors, she fights for the love and pride of the people of India.

Amid reports that the Indian government had given permission for her arrest for alleged sedition following her recent call for justice for all Kashmiris, Ms Roy, who is currently on a visit to the Valley said in a statement to the Indian media that it would be a sad day for her country if its writers were jailed for expressing their ideas while “communal killers, mass murderers, corporate scamsters” roamed free.

Some rightwing newspapers and TV channels close to the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have been campaigning for her arrest after she addressed a meeting on Kashmir in New Delhi last week at which Kashmiri leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani reiterated his call for azadi.

Ms Roy reminded the Kashmiris at the meeting that she was hurt by their slogan – bhooka nanga Hindustan, jaan se pyara Pakistan – saying that the slogan insulted the poor masses of India. But some reports distorted this, and the headlines screamed that she had asked for secession from poverty-stricken India.

Analysts recalled that senior Indian leader Jaiprakash Narayan had once called for the Indian army to revolt against the autocratic government of then prime minister Indira Gandhi. The BJP had supported him then. Mr Narayan was subsequently celebrated as Lok Nayak, or people’s leader. “There is nothing rigid about the law on sedition. It is always a political choice on who you want to target,” said a senior lawyer. “Right now Arundhati Roy is in everyone’s crosshairs. She has dared to take on powerful corporate interests and has even exposed their link with the powerful home minister.”

Following is the text of the statement emailed by Ms Roy to Indian newspapers and TV channels.

“I write this from Srinagar, Kashmir. This morning’s papers say that I may be arrested on charges of sedition for what I have said at recent public meetings on Kashmir. I said what millions of people here say every day. I said what I, as well as other commentators have written and said for years. Anybody who cares to read the transcripts of my speeches will see that they were fundamentally a call for justice. I spoke about justice for the people of Kashmir who live under one of the most brutal military occupations in the world; for Kashmiri Pandits who live out the tragedy of having been driven out of their homeland; for Dalit soldiers killed in Kashmir whose graves I visited on garbage heaps in their villages in Cuddalore; for the Indian poor who pay the price of this occupation in material ways and who are now learning to live in the terror of what is becoming a police state.

“Yesterday I traveled to Shopian, the apple-town in South Kashmir which had remained closed for 47 days last year in protest against the brutal **** and murder of Asiya and Nilofer, the young women whose bodies were found in a shallow stream near their homes and whose murderers have still not been brought to justice. I met Shakeel, who is Nilofer’s husband and Asiya’s brother. We sat in a circle of people crazed with grief and anger who had lost hope that they would ever get ‘insaaf’ —justice — from India, and now believed that Azadi — freedom — was their only hope. I met young stone pelters who had been shot through their eyes. I traveled with a young man who told me how three of his friends, teenagers in Anantnag district, had been taken into custody and had their finger-nails pulled out as punishment for throwing stones.

“In the papers some have accused me of giving ‘hate-speeches’, of wanting India to break up. On the contrary, what I say comes from love and pride. It comes from not wanting people to be killed, raped, imprisoned or have their finger-nails pulled out in order to force them to say they are Indians. It comes from wanting to live in a society that is striving to be a just one. Pity the nation that has to silence its writers for speaking their minds. Pity the nation that needs to jail those who ask for justice, while communal killers, mass murderers, corporate scamsters, looters, rapists, and those who prey on the poorest of the poor, roam free”.

Roy hurt by Kashmiri slogan: ‘bhooka nanga Hindustan, jaan se pyara Pakistan’|Islamabad Globe

GB

Look the Bhukha Nanga argument is moot point and a bigoted slogan.

Govt of India doesn't take a penny away from Kashmir, mainly because there's nothing to take except from apples and goats. Rather GoI pumps astronomical amount to Kashmir to 'buy' loyalty. Not sure, if that ends up to few people pocket or development works been carried out.

Kashmiris are stupid bunch. First they let Pakistan to kidnap and thus invalidate the whole struggle by their bigoted acts in early 90s when they thought they can replicate an Afghanistan here using mujahideen. Now they chant 'bhukha nanga' which will be backfired on them.

Ms Roy reminded the Kashmiris at the meeting that she was hurt by their slogan – bhooka nanga Hindustan, jaan se pyara Pakistan
Roy hurt by Kashmiri slogan: ‘bhooka nanga Hindustan, jaan se pyara Pakistan’|Islamabad Globe

GB

Just like I said.

Actually 'bhooka nanga hindustan' was coined by Kashmiris originally. I think what Arundhuti was trying to say here, that India should be free from unnecessary hatred of Kashmiris(I hope it's true even though next part of her rambling doesn't align to my believe. 800 millions people living in 20 rs is totally her musing).

Even if this is what she was trying to say, for someone having an articulating skill like her, her choice of words is garbage and should be used to wipe the wrong end of one's body.

yeah . your rants are gonna make a whole lot of influence.

read this:

* India holds that the Instrument of Accession of the State of Jammu and Kashmir to India, signed by the Maharaja Hari Singh (erstwhile ruler of the State) on 26 October 1947, was completely valid in terms of the Government of India Act (1935), Indian Independence Act (1947) and international law and was total and irrevocable.

* The Constituent assembly of Jammu and Kashmir had unanimously ratified the Maharaja's Instrument of Accession to India and had adopted a constitution for the state that called for a perpetual merger of the state with the Union of India. India claims that this body was a representative one, and that its views were those of the Kashmiri people at the time.

* United Nations Security Council Resolution 1172 tacitly accepts India's stand regarding all outstanding issues between India and Pakistan and urges the need to resolve the dispute through mutual dialogue and does not call for a plebiscite.

* United Nations Security Council Resolution 47 cannot be implemented since Pakistan failed to withdraw its forces from Kashmir which was the first step in implementing the resolution.Now the resolution is obsolete since the geography and demographics of the region have been permanently altered. The resolution was passed by United Nations Security Council under Chapter VI of the United Nations Charter. Resolutions passed under Chapter VI of UN charter are considered non binding and have no mandatory enforceability as opposed to the resolutions passed under Chapter VII.

Communists in India are Indians. Right?

What is wrong with communists then ?

Nothing wrong with communists.Their economic theories and attempts at revolution has already failed.These people are classic pseudo secularists and are agents of the church who are paid to malign the image of hinduism.Not to forget they are whores who have no integrity of opinion.

Militants kill Indian army people, which should be lauded, not condemned.

Condemnation should be given to the GoI who is sending your army people into harms way. Your people are forcefully in Kashmir, Kashmiris are not coming to New Delhi and killing your people.

They killed our people (Pandits,Dogris) in the last 50 years and they have been slaughtering our people and converting them for the past 600 years in Kashmir.

Nothing wrong with communists.Their economic theories and attempts at revolution has already failed.These people are classic pseudo secularists and are agents of the church who are paid to malign the image of hinduism.Not to forget they are whores who have no integrity of opinion.

And also pigs do have wings, sometimes they even fly!

I pity the nation that needs to jail those who ask for justice: Arundhati Roy

Writer Arundhati Roy, who is in the thick of a sedition controversy over her speeches on Kashmir, issued this statement from Srinagar:

"I write this from Srinagar, Kashmir. This morning's papers say that I may be arrested on charges of sedition for what I have said at recent public meetings on Kashmir. I said what millions of people here say every day. I said what I, as well as other commentators have written and said for years. Anybody who cares to read the transcripts of my speeches will see that they were fundamentally a call for justice. I spoke about justice for the people of Kashmir who live under one of the most brutal military occupations in the world; for Kashmiri Pandits who live out the tragedy of having been driven out of their homeland; for Dalit soldiers killed in Kashmir whose graves I visited on garbage heaps in their villages in Cuddalore; for the Indian poor who pay the price of this occupation in material ways and who are now learning to live in the terror of what is becoming a police state.

Yesterday I traveled to Shopian, the apple-town in South Kashmir which had remained closed for 47 days last year in protest against the brutal **** and murder of Asiya and Nilofer, the young women whose bodies were found in a shallow stream near their homes and whose murderers have still not been brought to justice. I met Shakeel, who is Nilofer's husband and Asiya's brother. We sat in a circle of people crazed with grief and anger who had lost hope that they would ever get 'insaf'—justice—from India, and now believed that Azadi—freedom— was their only hope.

I met young stone pelters who had been shot through their eyes. I traveled with a young man who told me how three of his friends, teenagers in Anantnag district, had been taken into custody and had their finger-nails pulled out as punishment for throwing stones.

In the papers some have accused me of giving 'hate-speeches', of wanting India to break up. On the contrary, what I say comes from love and pride. It comes from not wanting people to be killed, raped, imprisoned or have their finger-nails pulled out in order to force them to say they are Indians. It comes from wanting to live in a society that is striving to be a just one. Pity the nation that has to silence its writers for speaking their minds. Pity the nation that needs to jail those who ask for justice, while communal killers, mass murderers, corporate scamsters, looters, rapists, and those who prey on the poorest of the poor, roam free."

Arundhati Roy
October 26 2010

Read more: I pity the nation that needs to jail those who ask for justice: Arundhati Roy - The Times of India I pity the nation that needs to jail those who ask for justice: Arundhati Roy - The Times of India

I pity rich sassy bitches who dont have the balls to pick up a gun and force a revolution or open their mouth without pragmatic thoughts in their head.

I pity rich sassy bitches who dont have the balls to pick up a gun and force a revolution or open their mouth without pragmatic thoughts in their head.

:lol: Its her pragmatic thoughts which have made you so much frustrated that you have resorted to uncivlised language now imagine if such women take up guns what will be your condition .

The bottom line is Some women are capable enough to bring revolution even without guns :wave:

We have always hold free and fair elections. IF PDP can win and form Government anyone can including separatists.

Its the separatists who are running away from elections not GOI.

Let he separatists take part in elections and win. We will talk then.

If they can't dont come up with ifs and buts.

If bharti election mantra was accepted by Kashmiris then you would not have to put million forces there.

Stop the Indian lies and hold plebiscite under foreign bodies and then i will accept your rants if India won

If Pakistan accepts the aid from the Indians then we are not Bhooka Nanga. Pakistan has no right to call us the same.

we dont call you. Its another matter that Kashmiris called you that and your writer had translated it into English

If you say no its Kashmiri's who call you that, then again Pakistan shouldn't be accepting aid from India for honor the call.

Choose one.

GB

If it was up to Pakistan (read its people we would not have accepted) on the other hands bhartis were trying everything to make us accept it.

The point scoring opportunity got lost by you there.

Above all stop your BS about aid is useless because Pakistan had already sent Aid to bhooka nanga bharat on the occasion of Bhoj earthquake.

So its 50 50 on both sides.

GB
:rofl::rofl: oh ROFL hahahahahhaha so the Lady which you bhartis were insulting calling her different names has suddenly become a source of solace for Bhartis.

Bwahahahahahahahahah

BTW your post atleast showed that Kashmiris did raise this slogan

The bottom line is Some women are capable enough to bring revolution even without guns :wave:

Such as?

Arundhati Roy is doing a lip service and not brining any revolution.

Refer the earlier posts and news in which she mentions about love and not revolutions.

Feel free to give other examples as well.

GB

Back
Top Bottom