What's new

Arundhati Roy Says ‘Kashmir should get Azadi from bhookhe-nange Hindustan’

but again, human activists do what she is doing. We have Asma Jahangir, but you wont find Pakistanis professing that she should be killed. Who are we to decide who lives and who doesnt.

God forbid, If Arundhuti is ever treated as Jahangir's been treated, then the whole hell will freeze over!

Also, Jahangir strictly limits herself to HR violations, there are thousands of people India and even the so-called orange media have been vocal about HR violation in Kashmir many times, promoting sedition isn't activist's realm. She is no more an activist.

Last edited:
Hardliners will be hardliners, no matter what. There is a reason why they are called hardliners. Ms Roy's comments - if she had actually said what it is being claimed - have put the liberals in a very tight corner. Its the liberals, not the hardliners, who are key to any solution.

Most Pakistanis, busy singing paeans for Ms Roy, don't realise this. They are happy that GoI is made to feel uncomfortable. Nevermind that the focus has completely shifted from so called Kashmir 'cause' to Ms Roy only. The 'rebel' has become bigger than the 'cause'.

And believe me, I am not complaining.

Yes, only because of people like Roy, I find myself defensive to pseudo-secularist allegation of Saffron loonies. She is only helping GoI to take more though measure, like she did in case of Maoists problem.

She DID manage to convert lot of Maoists-sympathizer to support GoI!

is Kashmir a full blown war? I think maybe you are considering the Kashmiris as foot soldiers, militants etc. and therefore worthy of abuse and intimidation

that's quite sad

No I never said Kashmir is a full blown war...I have sympathy for the Kashmiris and I know the way to get freedom is to do what happened some months ago when the students revolted. The way is not through militancy,not through an invasion from Pakistan and certainly not through someone like Roy bashing India trying to help Kashmiris. All these just solidifies the position in India towards more excesses.

Back
Top Bottom