What's new

Article: "Buddhist tourism in Pakistan: The Buddha’s gift to the world"

Bodidharma, the man responsible for spread of Buddhism in China, was a Northern Pakistani:

bodhidharma3.gif
Bro - BhodhiDharma was Third Prince of King of Pallava Dynasty(South India - Today, Tamil Nadu). His real name was Kandha Varman. He was used to call Da Mo in China. Pls when it comes to history, pls pls do a proper research and publish.
Not only that he is founder of Zen Bhuddhism which is following by Japan.

Taxila should be promoted as Buddhist/Hindu
Historical tourism circuit ... It had a very important place in the history of subcontinent

Bro - BhodhiDharma was Third Prince of King of Pallava Dynasty(South India - Today, Tamil Nadu). His real name was Kandha Varman. He was used to call Da Mo in China. Pls when it comes to history, pls pls do a proper research and publish.
Was this guy bodhisattva ?

That's just revisionist history.

Read this book - The Bodidharma Anthology (Broughton, 1999).

East Asian accounts of him describe him as a white Caucasian hairy guy with blue/colored eyes.. does not sound very South Indian to me.

That's just revisionist history.

Read this book - The Bodidharma Anthology (Broughton, 1999).

East Asian accounts of him describe him as a white Caucasian hairy guy with blue/colored eyes.. does not sound very South Indian to me.

Bhodi Darma -
Birth Place - Kanchipuram, (Tamil Nadu, India).
3rd Prince - Pallava Dynasty.
His real Name - Kandha Varman.
His name in China - Da Mo
You can read it wikipedia. You can also read about him China's History. Ur blood brother - have a real history recorded.
His Quality - In China he was and is used to call Kung fu man. and He does gave many herbal treatments for rarest famine as well.
Come on bro - If you cannot agree history, then I don't know what to say. Be happy for what you believe. No problem for me.

Bhodi Darma -
Birth Place - Kanchipuram, (Tamil Nadu, India).
3rd Prince - Pallava Dynasty.
His real Name - Kandha Varman.
His name in China - Da Mo
You can read it wikipedia. You can also read about him China's History. Ur blood brother - have a real history recorded.
His Quality - In China he was and is used to call Kung fu man. and He does gave many herbal treatments for rarest famine as well.
Come on bro - If you cannot agree history, then I don't know what to say. Be happy for what you believe. No problem for me.

The sources that claim him as Brahmin prince are very recent and dubious. Sponsored by RSS.

Buddhism footprints in our areas of western Punjab are still quite visible, for example we have "malangs" who do crazy kind of "dhamals" at sufi shrines wearing very sophisticated attires. My theory is that this is left over of our ancient "Buddhist" ancestors "meditation dances" that got integrated with Sufism in Punjab, have a look at it, it screams ancient local Buddhist meditation routines
Many of our "Sufi traditions" have actually nothing to do with Islam and are in fact remnant continuation of our pre-Islamic traditions, practices and religions, which are now guised under Sufism.

I have been studying such practices and you can see clearly how many of them can be traced back to early Vedic and Buddhist times, along with influence from folk religions.

lahore-punjab-pakistan-30th-mar-2014-a-pakistani-muslims-devotee-blows-DXRRFD.jpg

pakistani-sufi-followers-light-incense-and-candles-at-the-data-darbar-picture-id624351824

58309f8b0af1d.jpg

That is according to one tradition that is largely discarded by the scholarly community as it came much later. Most academics agree to his origin being of Gandhara, which has produced numerous other Buddhist scholars that became renowned in the Far East. We also know by early traditions of his physical appearance; he had blue eyes, light skin and brownish hair which further supports his origins being of Gandhara which is now modern-day North Pakistan.

Taxila should be promoted as Buddhist/Hindu
Even Zoroastrianism had more influence in Taxila than Hinduism.

Buddhism footprints in our areas of western Punjab are still quite visible, for example we have "malangs" who do crazy kind of "dhamals" at sufi shrines wearing very sophisticated attires. My theory is that this is left over of our ancient "Buddhist" ancestors "meditation dances" that got integrated with Sufi shrine dhamals in Punjab, have a look at it, it screams ancient local Buddhist meditation routines

Another striking resemblance is their celebration of Vedic-origin festivals (now painted with an Islamic theme) and their clothing, which was identical to the Gandharan Buddhists.

Pakistani Sufi
b71db8dcfea1f4ad53892fc96480a8b4.jpg

Gandharan Buddhist
the-bodhidattva-maitreya-100-400-ancoent-gandhara-north-west-pakistan-schist-R9N38W.jpg

Many of our "Sufi traditions" have actually nothing to do with Islam and are in fact remnant continuation of our pre-Islamic traditions, practices and religions, which are now guised under Sufism.
Sure i mean name Takshila is also persian i guess ... Rather than sanskrit right ?

I have been studying such practices and you can see clearly how many of them can be traced back to early Vedic and Buddhist times, along with influence from folk religions.

lahore-punjab-pakistan-30th-mar-2014-a-pakistani-muslims-devotee-blows-DXRRFD.jpg

pakistani-sufi-followers-light-incense-and-candles-at-the-data-darbar-picture-id624351824

58309f8b0af1d.jpg

That is according to one tradition that is largely discarded by the scholarly community as it came much later. Most academics agree to his origin being of Gandhara, which has produced numerous other Buddhist scholars that became renowned in the Far East. We also know by early traditions of his physical appearance; he had blue eyes, light skin and brownish hair which further supports his origins being of Gandhara which is now modern-day North Pakistan.

Even Zoroastrianism had more influence in Taxila than Hinduism.

Another striking resemblance is their celebration of Vedic-origin festivals (now painted with an Islamic theme) and their clothing, which was identical to the Gandharan Buddhists.

Pakistani Sufi
b71db8dcfea1f4ad53892fc96480a8b4.jpg

Gandharan Buddhist
the-bodhidattva-maitreya-100-400-ancoent-gandhara-north-west-pakistan-schist-R9N38W.jpg
Sure the name Takshila is persian rather than sanskrit right ? What is with this wierd obsession to dissasssioate yourself from hinduism ... Its very funny imo ...

Brother You Should Have This Translated In Japanese Korean Thai and Sinhalese.They Will Be Quite Happy To Pay Top Dollar To Come Here
He needs human translators because google is not suitable for such articles and often its translation is misleading.

That Is True I Still Remember That Stupid Indian Troll On Twitter Using Google Translate For Free Balochistan It Became "Muft Balochistan" Still Cracks Me Up:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Don't tell them here...they will learn.

Sure the name Takshila is persian rather than sanskrit right ? What is with this wierd obsession to dissasssioate yourself from hinduism ... Its very funny imo ...
what it has to do with hinduism? In this valley, the oldest religion was Buddhism and Persian empire had a control over this area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom