What's new

ARMY OFFERS TO JOIN GANGA CLEAN-UP DRIVE

Agent_47

Reaction score
Country
India
Seeking to join Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative to clean river Ganga, the Army has proposed to set up a task force under a retired Lieutenant General to carry out the project efficiently.

The Army has submitted a proposal to the Government to set up a task force under a retired Lt General with a team of 40 officers who would help in cleaning the river, Army sources said.

The Territorial Army battalions of the Army are already engaged in the task of preserving ecology and environment and have been taking part in projects to spread greenery in barren areas such as the Bhati Mines area in Delhi, they said. The Modi Government had promised to clean up the river Ganga which has become heavily polluted due to industrial and human waste and has allocated `2,037 crore for the task in its first general budget.The NDA Government has also created a separate ministry of Ganga Rejuvenation under Union Minister Uma Bharti. The Government is also planning to set up an NRI fund to boost Gangas cleaning efforts.

Army offers to join Ganga clean-up drive

Great initiative by the Army :tup:

But the GOI should have been the one to take the first steps in cleaning this polluted river.
Its a health hazard !

Previous gov'ts just gave lip service. I just wanted to point out to you how NRI's help in many ways. "The Government is also planning to set up an NRI fund to boost Gangas cleaning efforts." Are you inttereste din helping India or just yapping? I am about to join an organization aimed at helping India any way possible. Let me know.

But the GOI should have been the one to take the first steps in cleaning this polluted river.
Its a health hazard !
To be fair it was the GoI (under Modi) the IA are simply making a request to join in/lead the project. I hope the GoI does this with all the rivers in India, apparently the Israelis were offering some high-end tech to help- this should be perused further

Involvement of Army to preserve our degrading ecology is very welcome step.

what is the timeline given for the completion of project ? is that measured timeline or just a planned.....

What a wonderful Idea.

Our Army should leave its intended role of preparing for battle and get involved in cleaning up ganga, planting trees, feeding the poor and teaching orphans.

That way when the officers retire, they will have a job ready.

Maybe some day they can learn how to run the govt. too like the pakistan army.

Hopefully Modi govt. will cut such misadventure in the bud. :sick:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom