What's new

ARMY HUNTS FOR NEW SNIPER RIFLE TO REPLACE DRAGANOV

Abbe Indian army has been mulling sniper rifle procurement for years. It has been in news too. Your stupid zaid hamid level analyses skills full of conjecture and backside logic makes you look stupid.
read the article it mention recent actions on LOC.

read the article it mention recent actions on LOC.

Yes what an article states negates what has been public knowledge and facts.

Many articles have many mistakes or misrepresentations. If one can't be bothered to do the due diligence then it's their fault. The same news is presented in 20 different articles slightly differently.

In any case did the article mention incompetence? That means your conclusion was still stupid.

Accuracy international is producing pretty good snipper riffles,so it's worth considering that company.

Moderator please clean this thread from trollers, pollution has started already.
@Irfan Baloch

Last edited:
India is looking for 50% more range than dragunov. I think India will go for XM500

never won a skirmish, tactical strike or full scale with India, the height of all incompetency.
That's the impression you get when you get brainwashed with stories like SirjiKal Strikes, while the reality is you can't even collect your dead bodies liying in front of Pak army soldiers at mercy of animals---Pardon me if i offended the Hanumans army :lol:

hide incompetency behind rifle.
Yes.. In 1971, Pakistan saw the incompetency of Indian army and was like

" Le lo... Ye east Pakistan ko aur Bangladesh naam rakh lo. Hamey aur nahi chahiye ye. Aur as a compliment, 93000 Pakistani jawans ko bhi lo.. kaam main aayega".

On topic: it's you who are hiding your pathetic thinking capabilities behind comments like this.

That's the impression you get when you get brainwashed with stories like SirjiKal Strikes, while the reality is you can't even collect your dead bodies liying in front of Pak army soldiers at mercy of animals---Pardon me if i offended the Hanumans army :lol:

LOL only people famous for leaving their bodies of soldiers in the thousands is Pak.
Pakistan is famous for Brainwashing, with your hiding failures in history books, changing whole events in history, and systematic manipulation with cherry picked events.

If the surgical strike were false then what was with that whole response in your media and army? Going out of your way to prove it wrong with fake videos on your news channel, you could have just kept quiet and noone would have cared , but the way you lot got so scared proves that it is true.
LOL and when Dawn news showed you the truth Pak army totally muzzled the editor, since truth would show how we whooped you lot.:rofl:

I am in favour of buying the Intervention and its Balance Flight Projrctile tech.

How about XM500 ? I think its the baap all snipers.

Replace a 7.62 with a .50:sarcastic:? Most nations either stick with the 7.62X51/54 or upgrade to a 8.6 like MRAD.
20160421_osh-5.t571f387c.m1600.x6d15e918.jpg

If you're willing to change rounds, then something like the TRG 42 would be better served.
Strzelec_wyborowy_6_1.jpg

If you don't want to switch to 8.6 or 7.62X51 and want to keep the SVD's 7.62X54, then you're looking at the SV-98.
SV-98_Sniping_competition_for_The_Armourers_Day_01.jpg

For shorter ranges such as built-up urban areas, the SVU.
wallpaper-1907329.jpg

Or a Chinese model like JS 7.62. Very sleek, but with a bolt that size obviously not meant to be used in cold climates. I doubt India is interested in exploring this option.
95778.jpg

Most rifles that use the 7.62X54 are SDV clones like the M91, so if you opt to keep the round your choice of foreign designed rifles is limited.
Sniper_Zastava_M91.jpg

If it was up to me, and fortunately for you it's not, I'd rather do away with the 7.62 round (NATO or Russian) and switch to an 8.6mm cartridge as standard. Something like the 2000 HTR.
1920px-IDF-Barak-338-rifle-001.jpg

Or MRAD.
P1040387-1024x768.jpg

India is looking for 50% more range than dragunov. I think India will go for XM500

Actually the 8.6mm fits that perfectly. The SVD's Russian 7.62X54 is effective out to about 800 meters. The 8.6mm, also known as the .338 Lapua Magnum, pushes the effective fire range out to 1200-1500 meters. An increase of 150% and right within the desired performance range.

12.7X99 and 12.7X108mm increase the effective fire range to 1500-2000 meters, but the weight of those guns and rounds, and their limited utility against man-sized targets - not to mention their cost - makes them an ill-suited replacement for SVD.

If India's interested in a doubling of the effective fire range versus the SVD, then a Lapua Magnum round and rifle is what it's looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
no. blaming sniper not the quality of shooter is incompetency.
and about the competency you are talking about i want to remind you that more than 2000 indian soldiers killed themselves in 2002.
hope it balance the score.
Incompetency is surrending you know.

You have lost more soldiers than us so keep quite
who told you that..your propaganda army?

9MJIhwt.jpg

OuqQHky.jpg

OFB is making their own rifle.

Wood:what:? I can't tell, but it looks like it'd be better suited for a biathlon then a battlefield. If It is wood I can't imagine it'll perform well in humid environments.

20100210TJ_323.t4b727598.m1600.x2cba8e19.jpg

If it doesn't work out as a sniper rifle, maybe you can make some use of it and sell it to us so we can kick more *** on the slopes?

I don't like it, but then as I say with everything else you guys make that gets a lot of criticism, if you like and accept it then what's my or anyone else's opinion matter in the end?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom