What's new

Army dog gets Chief of Army Staff's commendation card

Justin Joseph

Reaction score
Army dog sniffs its way to I-Day medal

NEW DELHI: On the long Independence Day honours list of the armed forces, there is an unusual awardee this time. She does not carry a gun, nor does she speak. She only sniffs and barks.

A black Labrador named `Mini' of the explosives detection wing of the 20 Army Dog Unit has been awarded the Chief of Army Staff's commendation card for sniffing out two IEDs (improvised explosive devices) in the jungles of Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir during a counter-insurgency operation last year.

The highly-alert Mini, with her handler Devi Dayal, was part of the operation conducted by Rashtriya Rifles at Haryana Ridge area on March 13 when she detected the two bombs camouflaged to inflict casualties on the soldiers.

"The professional acumen displayed by Mini thwarted the evil designs of the militants," said an officer.

Read more: Army dog sniffs its way to I-Day medal - India - The Times of India Army dog sniffs its way to I-Day medal - India - The Times of India

Great work mini we are proud of you, ur efforts are not going unnoticed. :cheers:

Great work Mini.

I just love Labradors...i have three labradors..one black..one chocolate and one golden.

Great work Mini. Proud of ya.
I have two labs :) one black and one yellow

Buddies do you both have really too many labradors or you posted abt your pets because of Mini's excellent job??:cheesy::cheesy:

Buddies do you both have really too many labradors or you posted abt your pets because of Mini's excellent job??:cheesy::cheesy:

I posted because i love Labradors.They are the best dogs to make pets.They have excellent temprement and are very intelligent.

It was good to hear about a Labrador doing an excellent job in the Army.

I will share an experience of mine which changed my perception of dogs having no brains.Out of the three Labs i have..my favourite is the chocolate lab and he is the most youngest...age is three years now.

Last year i went to party with my friends and one friend while comming to the club we were partying at had an accident.Since it was late night and i was the only one not drinking..i went with him to the hospital...and my car was full of his blood.

I went home at 4 am and told my mother everything and went to sleep.At 6 am the time when we let our dogs out...my chocolate lab went to my mom and started barking and then ran towards the car...my mom didnt pay any attention so he came back and started barking again and this time my mom went with him and my dog showed my mom the blood stains in the car.

Which he might have thought are mine...since this incident i never question their intelligence.

I posted because i love Labradors.They are the best dogs to make pets.They have excellent temprement and are very intelligent.

It was good to hear about a Labrador doing an excellent job in the Army.

I will share an experience of mine which changed my perception of dogs having no brains.Out of the three Labs i have..my favourite is the chocolate lab and he is the most youngest...age is three years now.

Last year i went to party with my friends and one friend while comming to the club we were partying at had an accident.Since it was late night and i was the only one not drinking..i went with him to the hospital...and my car was full of his blood.

I went home at 4 am and told my mother everything and went to sleep.At 6 am the time when we let our dogs out...my chocolate lab went to my mom and started barking and then ran towards the car...my mom didnt pay any attention so he came back and started barking again and this time my mom went with him and my dog showed my mom the blood stains in the car.

Which he might have thought are mine...since this incident i never question their intelligence.
Questioning their intelligence would be like questioning our own.
BTW...labs come second only to GSD as army dogs :azn:

Back
Top Bottom