What's new

Featured Army AD units in action (2019)

Here we have big radars with ranges few kilometers like 17 km, OTH, aircraft radars like KLJ-7A is small but range is 200km. What i am missing?
aircrafts radar scans area from skies. no obstacles.

ground radars have less ranges because of obstacles like buildings, other signal interruptions etc etc

This is an informative video. Older weapons don't always equate to obsolete

I am subscribed to his channel. his short answer was NO
they are still in need and are viable in their own right in area denial and defense at shorter range against targets where using missiles is not only, NOT viable but impossible. the new generation radar guided of AA guns firing smart and conventional munition are extremely effective and deadly.

I am subscribed to his channel. his short answer was NO
they are still in need and are viable in their own right in area denial and defense at shorter range against targets where using missiles is not only, NOT viable but impossible. the new generation radar guided of AA guns firing smart and conventional munition are extremely effective and deadly.
Yes not only that, the idea of drones swarming to confuse S400 will also not be viable as India has a plethora of AAA guns that will be a lot more useful and effective against that type of a strategy.
In the end, you need a balanced approach. Every weapon systems fills a niche, just has to be used effectively in conjunction with others to get the most out of it.

Back
Top Bottom