What's new

Featured Army AD units in action (2019)

Any and all shorads operating outside an IADS will fail. We have seen it far too many times by now to believe otherwise.

Any and all shorads operating outside an IADS will fail. We have seen it far too many times by now to believe otherwise.
Pakistan has IADS if I am not wrong built under Ptoject Vision... as far as I know all the radars, Awaacs and other such assets are connected so I am assuming that AD assets will also be connected to one of 2 commands..

Pakistan has IADS if I am not wrong built under Ptoject Vision... as far as I know all the radars, Awaacs and other such assets are connected so I am assuming that AD assets will also be connected to one of 2 commands..
Seeing something and shooting something are two different domains.

Seeing something and shooting something are two different domains.
I know mere bahi but seeing something gives you the ability to track it so that you can shoot it... we have a integrated radar system so the AD assets like AA guns or even systems like Ly80 will be connected in order for us to not only monitor but also shoot down any threat..

I know mere bahi but seeing something gives you the ability to track it so that you can shoot it... we have a integrated radar system so the AD assets like AA guns or even systems like Ly80 will be connected in order for us to not only monitor but also shoot down any threat..
It's not about being able to integrate these options together, the issue is more about what our folks at helm actually want, which is why this is still in limbo.

It's not about being able to integrate these options together, the issue is more about what our folks at helm actually want, which is why this is still in limbo.
Well PAF knows what they actually want they were going to integrate FD2000 in late 90s but they didn't for the same reason... not having an integrated radar system and they started Project Vision which took a decade not just integrate all radars and other surveillance assets but also develop a homegrown TDL... and few years ago integration of LY80 LOMADS began and next step would probably be FD2000 or S300... and as for confusion its only among us Because we don't even know about the tip of the Iceberg yet those who are sitting in HQs or planning division know what they need and what their options are

Here we have big radars with ranges few kilometers like 17 km, OTH, aircraft radars like KLJ-7A is small but range is 200km. What i am missing?

@PanzerKiel What is the pecking order in terms of officer calibre for the Branches - or rather in terms of what skillsets gets you into Army AD and being able to chart out its future?

@PanzerKiel What is the pecking order in terms of officer calibre for the Branches - or rather in terms of what skillsets gets you into Army AD and being able to chart out its future?

Induction into different arms after PMA is not based on any special skills. PMA imparts just basic military training.

Allocation of arms is controlled in such a manner the every arm gets cadets from different different profiles, academic background, military knowledge etc.

There is no such rule that intelligent officers will go to some specific arm and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom