What's new

Armed Forces of Kazakhstan

Barys 8x8 with new turret, anyone know the maker of that turret?

D5K8sJIcGGo.jpg
eANNHdZ2GPM.jpg
BOvusGqvoXM.jpg

What are the threat perceptions of Kazakhstan? Which countries or subjects do Kazakhstan's army perceive as a threat?

What are the threat perceptions of Kazakhstan? Which countries or subjects do Kazakhstan's army perceive as a threat?
Assalam o alakum my Turkish Brother can you tell what Kazakhstan thinking about Pakistan !!!

Assalam o alakum my Turkish Brother can you tell what Kazakhstan thinking about Pakistan !!!
I also wish you peace and happiness dear brother. There is no need to use another language in the forum .
Secondly I am not from Kazakhstan:)
I was also wondering if really Kazakhstan's defence strategy was against Chinese threat. Several times I heard that Kazakhstan has big issues with chinese but Russians make them overlook.

dose Kazakhstan like Pakistan !!! :undecided: :pakistan:
yes we like Pakistan here, however we do not have military cooperation, we do have economic cooperation, which we are pushing stronger for

Turkey's Aselsan in collaboration with Kazakh defence companies helped update Kazakhstan's T-72 to the Shygys standard. upgrades include
-Aselsan remote weapon station for a NSV
-satellite navigation system
-Aselsan VHF/FM radio
-video surveillance for the front and rear of the tank
-thermal imagery
T-72.jpg

Kazakhstan is currently looking at replacing the Mi-24 fleet with 30-40 new helicopters and supplementing the Mi-35Ms. in the competition is the Ka-52, Mi-28NM and T-129, however most officials say the Mi-28NM is the one that maybe procured but we shall see
Ka-52.jpg

Mi-28NM.jpg

T-129.jpg

I wonder why the Turkic states are not standardization their army and equipment.

I wonder why the Turkic states are not standardization their army and equipment.
They are but their standard is different than the Turkish-NATO standard. Majority are relying on Russian equipment even if some try to diversify. Every country have its strategic vision for the development of its armed forces, doctrine and procedures and all that have different requirements towards weapons and equipment. If they are good with it then good. Every standard, doctrine and procedure is changed by the changing environment and vision for the armed forces. Even the Turkish Armed Forces are undergoing such changes from some years improving its capabilities. If there is a need for a change in the other Turkic countries I am sure that Turkey can help and is helping. We have done a lot in joint exercises and training and have demonstrated how we work. Some decided to go with Turkish armored vehicles, some decided to send their soldiers for training in Turkey, some decided to give their tank's future to the Turkish engineers. We are sharing whatever our brothers ask from us in order to help them diversify and meet their requirements but I don't think that standardization is possible right now. We still have a lot of gaps in our product list that must be filled but I see a good future for our unmanned programs. Such massive change also needs a lot of money. I want to add that even some NATO armies are still struggling in soviet to NATO standard equipment transition so lack in standardization is not something fatal. Every year the Turkish Armed Forces is proving that it is interoperable with other Turkic countries with variety of weapons made by Russia, the West and Israel.

Back
Top Bottom