What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Who the hell said Arjun look ugly . . It the most beautiful tank i ever seen

kuch bhi kaho, Arjun is not a good looking tank, but anyways it's not going to participate in miss India contest so..

Mate I say many Indian systems are not good looking as they are deadly but Arjun I can't believe it!!! Isn't it more good looking than comparable deadly weapons?

Good job DRDO. 248 Arjuns among huge number of T-90S and T-72M, yes great fighters are always less in numbers but they lead the war and finish it in style. I am sure those T-90S will follow Arjun in war and IA should keep Arjun before T-90S so that Arjun can easily take out enemy tanks in the first hand. :bounce:

The 248 number is definitely not final. This is hump Arjun just passed. Meaning Army is ordering more. Now that the ice is broken, its operational performance will directly dictate the numbers ordered.

Few Arjun pics for those who think it is ugly.... ;)

lo saja diya usko.... ab kaysa lag raha hein??? :azn:

tank-parade-of-indian-army.jpg

0435.jpg

124+124=248 Tanks

Totally 248:-)

That is 4 regiments :agree: ,

Each comprising of 62 tanks.

It would seems that they may be relegated to the defence corps ,
specifically in the Rajastan desert.

If they are adopted to the strike corps as well , more orders may follow.

The 248 number is definitely not final. This is hump Arjun just passed. Meaning Army is ordering more. Now that the ice is broken, its operational performance will directly dictate the numbers ordered.

That is very true.

We should be more happy with the fact that The Arjun is no longer capped at 124 tanks.

The new order of another 124 tanks is very good news as this means that the cap on the number of Arjuns no longer applies.

With the Army finally recognising the Arjun as the superior vehicle.

It can now bolster it tank corps , with Arjun's whenever needed.

It also means that IA , now cannot import more tanks.
As there is now a fully functioning and capable indigenous alternative.

If IA wants more MBT's this decade then those already on order.
which now includes

186 Arjun MBT's
~1000 T-90's

all new MBT's order from now to 2020 have to be Arjun's .

248+ is good nos to keep Factory running and Army to retire more T72 .
When our Arjun Mark2 arrives , more orders will come and ultmately FMBT will take the responsibility from all these to keep our Borders Secure.

^^^^^^^^
There is nothing wrong with T90 , just that its Thermal Imaging system were not build keeping Indian conditions in mind , so it needs environmental control mechanism to function correctly . Without them its blind and media hypes it like T90 is junk .

Last edited:
bye bye t series here comes the Indian defense industry

I have a query-- if all these systems needed in T-90 are bought then how will it fare against Arjun
Many of these systems on board T-90S failed in extreme desert hot of Rajasthan. They rectified it much later. But Army didn't allow Arjun to do same for some unknown reasons!!! They simply went for large number of T-90S.

and also what are the costs of both the tanks when fully integrated with all systems.
Tx:cheers:

Though it was initially projected that Arjun will cost more but after so many changes needed for T-90S, it costs as much as Arjun. INR ~16/17 crore each.

Back
Top Bottom