What's new

Arjun MK2 1st Pic arrived

I think our defence industry should revolutionize our manufacturing abilities like CHina. The edge that the Chinese have is the abiity to incorporate changes very quickly into a product. In fact, they have the fastest ability to adapt changes to their end products by developing manufacturing expertise. If we can do so, we can changes on the drawing board become a reality damn quick. That should be an area where we put some focus.

sorry man, when it comes to production, no one can beat china, not even god himself.

I think our defence industry should revolutionize our manufacturing abilities like CHina. The edge that the Chinese have is the abiity to incorporate changes very quickly into a product. In fact, they have the fastest ability to adapt changes to their end products by developing manufacturing expertise. If we can do so, we can changes on the drawing board become a reality damn quick. That should be an area where we put some focus.

Our Markets cannot sustain it especially when the Chinese are all into it for decades. We might be able to build good infrastructures to support better production but we must re rout the winds of change towards us first, so as to establish ourselves in it, Indian Diplomats are not Proactive enough to do that. It is not that we will not, but we shall start with a breeze inorder to stand the wind in future.

We are going slow and we are going good. Pvt players are picking up. Govt undertakings will soon get a taste of Competition and only then would the scenario change.

unlike what one member was saying , the suspension is indigenous rather than german, and its been drastically improved on this variant, for supreme ride comfort and stability.....the hunter capability being included for night time is another huge edge....the aps is not confirmed...thought my Cvrde source did say that they're partial to the trophy, as it had performed the best, in trials, as against the arena and the leds-150..though the latter was very close...What i think is that, the aps will be procured for retrofitting on these babies , through a seperate tender once induction is underway......

finally, the kanchan armour alone, was able to withstand point blank hits from the best russian and israeli ammo we could lay hands on.....its been beefed up since then....Add that to the era (and the armour plating IS era) ...and i'd be very surprised if even a nato standard long rod penetrator gets through this one.......I'm not trying to troll here, but this tank takes it away on sheer armour...it could well be one of the best protected mbts on the planet.......way more that what the ruskie legacy tanks have......they are designed with a different doctrine....they ditched the whole heavy tank concept after the iosef stalin series....havent even had anything heavy in inventory since the 70s...their idea was to overwhelm through numbers....and it gave nato sleepless night, thinking about the sheer weight of numbers they's encounter. The western design concept is built around superior tanks..with a higher profile , for being able to decline the gun enough to fire from behind cover....the arjun mk2 will go toe to toe with any western mbt in service today

sorry mate but angeldust is right . the bridges in Punjab and J&K are not able to take the weight of a tank of arjuns category.
Most of the roads are being upgraded and all British era built bridges are being replaced.The only problem is in the Ferozpur border area as most of it is a marshy area with lot of small canals and drains and river's shouldn't be a problem as they are all dry and run flat near the border areas.

DRDO has made one hell of a sexy stallion only thing to be seen is whether army is ready to ride stallion or still want a mule like T-90 MBT.

[/B]Pakistani Armour will CRUSH your super "Arjun" tanks , if Indians made any mistake during the battle ..Thankfully for you , your generals aren't fanboys...and they know the capability of Pakistani armour divisions deployed against India...

You are 100% right that time. I agree with you.......
1. :tup::tup::tup:.....Our armour will destroy if we make mistake.Otherwise you dont have any chance.
2. :cheers::cheers::cheers:......Our generals also not fool thats why they test Arjun by their own before induction, to find the most suitable role for these beast.
3.:yahoo:...... I am a BIIIIIIG fan of ARJUN.

Please dont use too much abbre. like super for superior.
:rofl:

First images from the Trials of Arjun mk-II has surfaced and images will be published in coming edition of India today dated August 5 2012 , Real pictures of Arjun Mk-2 is quite similar to the DRDO presentation images which first surfaced in April this year before it was heading to Pokhran for DRDO trials and later in June Arjun MK-2 was handed over to Indian army for user trials .

The heavier Arjun Mk.2 incorporates some 93 improvements on the Mk.1 tank, 124 of which are already in operational service in two tank regiments in the Army. Army has already inducted 124 Arjun MK-1 tanks and have placed orders for 124 Arjun MK-2 tanks once they are satisfied with the improvements carried out on Arjun MK-2 , Sources close to idrw.org had informed few months back that Army might also place orders for more 124 Arjun MK-2 (248 MK-2 ) , bringing the total order close to 500 (372) , DRDO has been aiming for 500 order mark to make the whole development effort on Arjun tank a success .

Arjun MK-2 will enable DRDO to work on Future Main Battle Tank (FMBT), currently Drdo has been working with major Diesel engine manufacture to work on a locally developed 1,500 hp power pack for Arjun tanks and will develop a new Hybrid 1,500 hp power pack engine for FMBT .

Arjun MK-2′s first Picture surfaces | idrw.org

The beat should be painted in black so that it becomes night stealth for human eye but it can engage targets at night .

The beat should be painted in black so that it becomes night stealth for human eye but it can engage targets at night .

Darker shades of green, grey or brown would blend in better at night than black (even when seen through a NV equipment),
227px-Woodland_camo_infrared_.JPG

More over the heat reflective properties of black could make it more detectable on a thermo-imaging equipment.

Darker shades of green, grey or brown would blend in better at night than black (even when seen through a NV equipment),
227px-Woodland_camo_infrared_.JPG

More over the heat reflective properties of black could make it more detectable on a thermo-imaging equipment.

exactly

these colors are correct choice for tank

unlike what one member was saying , the suspension is indigenous rather than german, and its been drastically improved on this variant, for supreme ride comfort and stability.....the hunter capability being included for night time is another huge edge....the aps is not confirmed...thought my Cvrde source did say that they're partial to the trophy, as it had performed the best, in trials, as against the arena and the leds-150..though the latter was very close...What i think is that, the aps will be procured for retrofitting on these babies , through a seperate tender once induction is underway......

finally, the kanchan armour alone, was able to withstand point blank hits from the best russian and israeli ammo we could lay hands on.....its been beefed up since then....Add that to the era (and the armour plating IS era) ...and i'd be very surprised if even a nato standard long rod penetrator gets through this one.......I'm not trying to troll here, but this tank takes it away on sheer armour...it could well be one of the best protected mbts on the planet.......way more that what the ruskie legacy tanks have......they are designed with a different doctrine....they ditched the whole heavy tank concept after the iosef stalin series....havent even had anything heavy in inventory since the 70s...their idea was to overwhelm through numbers....and it gave nato sleepless night, thinking about the sheer weight of numbers they's encounter. The western design concept is built around superior tanks..with a higher profile , for being able to decline the gun enough to fire from behind cover....the arjun mk2 will go toe to toe with any western mbt in service today

Give the source where you find that suspension is indigenous.

The second picture looks like T90........:what:

Yes it is.
& tell me why have doubt about t90.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom