What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

Any pics?

Arjun_MK_II_main_battle_tank_DRDO_India_Indian_army_defense_industry_military_technology_details_001.jpg

f0205060_52f9772c74054.jpg

This was one featured in the mk II only couple of months ago.

It's been shown a long while back. It's assembled by OFB, but the OEM isnt from India. There's a passive defence system as well for tanks that's been made. The current system is from Israel. The commander sight is already localized. Originally it was from outside as well.

It's been shown a long while back. It's assembled by OFB, but the OEM isnt from India. There's a passive defence system as well for tanks that's been made. The current system is from Israel. The commander sight is already localized. Originally it was from outside as well.

Then I'm totally unaware about that.

This is a naval RCIWS that the OFB licence produces but it isn't the final solution, the DRDO were always intending to develop their own RCIWS in-house for land systems.

Yeah, there's slowly localizing some of the subsystem it seems.
It needs to be done so as to bring down the unit cost (the early MK.1s were costing the IA >$7mn/unit).

This is a naval RCIWS that the OFB licence produces but it isn't the final solution, the DRDO were always intending to develop their own RCIWS in-house for land systems.

You have any more info on the new one? Cause I wasnt aware of it being developed. I didnt know about the new commander sight, defence suite, either.

You have any more info on the new one? Cause I wasnt aware of it being developed. I didnt know about the new commander sight, defence suite, either.
I knew the DRDO were working on the new RCIWS because when I commented on how god awful the idea was to have this naval RCIWS on the Mk.2 to a friend of mine who visits defence expos all over the world he told me that this was a temporary solution only and used to validate the console and intergration within the vehicle but that the production MK.2 would have a very different system developed by DRDO.

I'm not aware of its specs or any details other than it is based on an Israeli design (AFAIK).

As for the commander sight and EW/defence systems, DRDO is actively indigenising pretty much everything it possibly can (across the board).

I knew the DRDO were working on the new RCIWS because when I commented on how god awful the idea was to have this naval RCIWS on the Mk.2 to a friend of mine who visits defence expos all over the world he told me that this was a temporary solution only and used to validate the console and intergration within the vehicle but that the production MK.2 would have a very different system developed by DRDO.

I'm not aware of its specs or any details other than it is based on an Israeli design (AFAIK).

As for the commander sight and EW/defence systems, DRDO is actively indigenising pretty much everything it possibly can (across the board)

Yeah, they are.

We already know how they look.

1.)

Arjun%2BMk2%2BMBT%2527s%2BCommander%2527s%2BSight.jpg

unpNCb2.jpg

2.)

IRDE-Developed+SEOS.jpg

3.)

d37zjAY.png

LASTEC has designed and developed a laser warning and countermeasure system for Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFVs). A LWS is capable of handling multiple type of laser threats and has an operational range of more than 6 km for laser designator type of laser threat. After detecting the laser threat along with its direction, it also has the capability to generate trigger signal to activate the grenade launcher for firing of smoke grenade in the direction of laser threat to obscure the platform under threat. Technology of the LWS has been transferred to BEL, Pune.

Yeah, they are.

We already know how they look.

1.)

Arjun%2BMk2%2BMBT%2527s%2BCommander%2527s%2BSight.jpg

unpNCb2.jpg

2.)

IRDE-Developed+SEOS.jpg

3.)

d37zjAY.png
I was hoping the Mk.2 would also feature a "hard kill" countermeasure system off the shelf like Trophy but apparently DRDO are working on their own (it might not be ready for the first Mk.2 entering service).

I was hoping the Mk.2 would also feature a "hard kill" countermeasure system off the shelf like Trophy but apparently DRDO are working on their own (it might not be ready for the first Mk.2 entering service).

The passive system is completely certified. I think the active system will make it to FMBT, honestly. But yeah, another active program under progress.

The passive system is completely certified. I think the active system will make it to FMBT, honestly. But yeah, another active program under progress.
The soft kill/passive system for the MK.2 is certified but I think a hard kill/active system should be a must and not just for the MBTs but the FICV.

+ I wonder how much of these systems being indigenised by the DRDO make their way onto the FICVs? As part of the FICV I beleive the sensors and weapons are "user nominated", surely for ease of support/logistics it makes the most sense to go for maximum commonality between these next gen vehicles?

Back
Top Bottom