What's new

Arihant follow-on submarine

Second of Arihant class is the INS Aridhaman will hopefully be launched this year.

I have a few questions:
1. Is there any movie showing the inside of Arihant?
2. How much percent of the sub comes from Russia?

Thanks!

Answer
1:No. Even the pics are scarce.

2.Even though there has been russian help in the building of the sub, no known systems are from russia.

Yep i posted few days back that a local news paper has posted this news that 3 more arihant class subs are in construction one in vishakhapatanam and two at gujrats baroda .....

Buddy you got it half right half wrong. there are two boats at Visakhapatnam and two hull being fabricated there in Gujarat plant. So in total there are four boats under various phases. Even some time I also think that India is going in for 4 Arihant class and 2 follow on Arihant class boats. But then it comes into my mind that if India is supposed to go for bigger boats after 4 Arihant class boats, then it is going to take a lot of time, at the least 5 to 8 years more. Then why will Indian government start this project 10 years before its manufacturing start year(supposed to be 2018). And if my thinking is right there is exact 5 years of gap in which India has made the final design of this boat last year itself and has started the fabrication of these boats which are in Gujarat right now.

1. Is there any movie showing the inside of Arihant?

Nope.

There is only a single picture showing the silo from inside.

4icuut.jpg

Back
Top Bottom