What's new

Argentina to buy Indian Helicopters

Faceless

Reaction score
Country
India

India has signed a letter of Intent for the sale of Light and Medium lift helicopter.
Namely the LUH and Dhruv.

A letter of intent (LOI) is a legally binding document declaring the preliminary commitment of one party to do business with another, The letter outlines the basic terms and conditions of a prospective deal, after the signing of the LoI price negotiations and other procedures will take place.

Last edited:
I wonder what the number would be,
Anything below 20 would not be worth it, given how diplomatically active we were (by Indian standards) with Argentina in the last 1 year

Last edited:
I wonder what the number would be,
Anything below 20 would not be worth it, given how diplomatically active we were with Argentina in the last 1 year

Why would it not be worth it ?????

Even a single sale would be "worth it" as it could lead to further future orders and how "active" have we been.
Far Far less then professional outfits from Russia France China US etc

India ONLY ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO started the policy of having ONE defence attaché at Indian embassy where defence sales are likely.

Elaborate please.
in last 1 year
1. HAL head visited Argentina
2. Senior HAL officials were seen with the foreign minister S jaishankar during his visit to Argentina.
3. S jaishankar visited Argentina atleast 2 times (august 2022 and Feb 2023) in the last 1 year.
4. Argentine defence minister visited India (july 2023)
5. The Argentine Chief of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Juan Paleo visited India in october 2022.
6. Argentinean Airforce officials visited India and flew tejas.

Hope this explains what I meant ☺️☺️

Last edited:
in the last 1 year
1. HAL head visited Argentina
2. Senior HAL officials were seen with the foreign minister S jaishankar during visit to Argentina.
3. S jaishankar visited Argentina atleast 2 times (august 2022 and Feb 2023) in the last 1 year.
4. Argentine Foreign minister visited India
5. Argentine defence minister visited India too (july 2023)
6. The Argentine Chief of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Juan Paleo visited India on october 2022.
7. Argentinean Airforce officials visited India and flew tejas.

Hope this explains what I meant ☺️☺️
Not quite
Is India UNIQUE
Have the Argies NOT visited other countries facilities
Over the years this amounts to minimal contact and Foreign ministers visit for all sorts of reasons

Not quite
Is India UNIQUE
No India is not unique, but what India is doing right now is quite unique by Indian standards, we never used to do a similar thing for a defence sale in the past.

Have the Argies NOT visited other countries facilities
Obviously they have, but it was never at this scale with any other country in the recent past.
For example they have visited both Pakistan and China but it never materialised in a sale (at least not yet)

Over the years this amounts to minimal contact and Foreign ministers visit for all sorts of reasons
India Argentina ties were at the back burner for quite a long time, we are now revitalizing these ties and the main reason for doing so is sale of defence equipments.

India has signed a letter of Intent for the sale of Light and Medium lift helicopter.
Namely the LUH and Dhruv.

A letter of intent (LOI) is a legally binding document declaring the preliminary commitment of one party to do business with another, The letter outlines the basic terms and conditions of a prospective deal, after the signing of the LoI price negotiations and other procedures will take place.

LOL - a letter of intent is a legally binding document? - only in indian media.

Excellent news for India and it's industry, not sure if the same can be said for Argentina

Argentina will surely regret their decision like Ecuador.

HAL Prachand
20230718_133403.jpg

Made in India' systems and components on HAL Prachand:
●Integrated Avionics and Display System
●Digital Automatic Flight Control System by DARE/DRDO
●Digital mission computer and pylon interface boxes
●Flight control actuator system
●Impact absorbing landing gear
●EO sensors
20230722_000130.jpg

Argentina will surely regret their decision like Ecuador.

Last edited:
Also, make sure there will be no UK made components on those choppers.

I wrote this earlier, again I will re-post it here. How will Argentina buy anything? They are on net negative foreign exchange reserves. More than anything Indian officials should ask how will Argentina pay for the purchases?

50 helicopters for entire Argentina football team should be a good deal IMO.

Back
Top Bottom