What's new

Are there any PAF vs IAF HUD videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1660024648801.png

Gun Camera Pictures released by the MoD show one of the Pakistani Sabres being hit by Gunfire from the Gnats.
BOYRA AIR HEROES: The three pilots of the Indian Air Force who shot down the enemy aircraft over boyra today. From L to R : Flt Lt Roy Andrew Massey, Fg Off M A Ganapathy and Fg Off Donald Lazarus

I've been wondering,if there are any videos of dogfights between the PAF and IAF,kind of like the HAF vs THK HUD videos. I wanted to ask you guys here,instead of looking for some on youtube,because I wanted reliable sources and context. It would be very interesting. Thank you!

No videos, but there is a grainy HUD picture from a MiG-21bis.. firing a short range R-60 Aphid at a PN Atlantique, which was subsequently shot down.

20finalmoments.png

I doubt if there is any footage of PAF targetting/bombing indian installations from 27 feb because none of the bombs hit the designated targets , maybe they were deliberately made to explode a few hundered meters or so away from indian bases to avoid escalation. But the PAF operation on 27 feb was really unpredicatable and daring 👍
But I am also sure IAF must have learned it's lessons from 27 feb by now. The focus got shifted to enhancing the BVR capabilities of our current fleet
The videos exist, they’re on the forum, they also show the bombs being diverted towards empty fields at the end. But yes, no targets were directly hit.

Indian Army Convoys under attack by PAF.

1660045828956.png

1660045855458.png

Two Indian Canberra bombers on fire after strafing attack by PAF.
1660046106935.png

Smoke rises from the runway of Indian base Pathankot as it comes under attack by PAF.

1660046208449.png

Last edited:
I once received a very distinctive in fact a dramatic Eid card from a serving Wing Commander of the PAF. I guess the card was only meant for inhouse distribution hence the link was later removed. Although, the image on the card was from a gun camera but it looked as if taken by an SLR Camera. The picture was from a PAF strike on Indian armor....with a flight of F-86 Sabers dropping 500 Pounders on a formation of Indian tanks. The best feature of the image was that it was captured at the moment when one of the bombs is about to impact directly on one of the tanks......interestingly the 500 LB Iron bomb appears like a J-Dam.....pointing vertically down.

I've been wondering,if there are any videos of dogfights between the PAF and IAF,kind of like the HAF vs THK HUD videos. I wanted to ask you guys here,instead of looking for some on youtube,because I wanted reliable sources and context. It would be very interesting. Thank you!
Yes.
Here is a successful shootdown by IAF capured by a guncamera

An IAF MiG-21 piloted by Flt Lt. Tejwant Singh is shot down by an F-86 Sabre piloted by Flt Lt. Maqsood Amir on 17-12-1971
This is one of the best kills captured by PAF Gun-Cameras.....In the first picture the MiG-21 after being hit is on fire while the second image is captured at the moment the Indian pilot ejects and his ejection seat is seen shooting out of the stricken MiG.
1660055638972.png

@Foinikas
Here is the gun camera image of a PAF F86 sabre piloted by Flt Lt Pervez mehdi Qureshi shot down by an IAF folland Gnat piloted by Gp Capt Donald Lazarus during the aerial battle over garibpur on 22nd November, 1971.

EnbLzd8VgAEDhgC.jpeg

He was captured and sent to Prisoner Of war camp in india and spent 3 years there before being repatriated to Pakistan
FExUXqdVQAMBv_g.png

He later went on to become the chief of Pakistan Air Force and oversaw it's command during the kargil war. When Mehdi became air chief in 1997, he received numerous congratulatory calls and letters but one from Donald Lazarus in India was unique. Lazarus was the Indian pilot who had shot Mehdi’s plane in 1971.
download (2).jpeg

Another historic incident occurred when commander of IAF No 22 squadron Brij Pall Singh flying in a formation of Four IAF Gnats, air surrendered his aircraft when confronted by a PAF F-104 Starfighter and promptly landed at an airstrip in Pakistan. The pilot of the F-104, F/L Hakimullaha later rose to become PAF ''Boss''.....the IAF pilot taken POW later became an Air Marshal in the IAF......while the surrendered Gnat is preserved at PAF Museum.
Squadron Leader Brij Pall Singh ...as a POW who later became an Air Marshal and AOC Western Air Command.
1660062280704.png

F-104 Pilot F/L Hakim Ullah Khan who went on to become ACM PAF.

1660062857091.png

The IAF Gnat soon after it surrendered at landed at a disused airstrip in Pakistan.

1660062994369.png

The same aircraft now on display in PAF Museum, Karachi.

1660063062712.png

This thread is slowly turning into Indians vs Pakistanis in gun camera kills, with each side trying to one up the other. Gg

Another historic incident occurred when commander of IAF No 22 squadron Brij Pall Singh flying in a formation of Four IAF Gnats, air surrendered his aircraft when confronted by a PAF F-104 Starfighter and promptly landed at an airstrip in Pakistan. The pilot of the F-104, F/L Hakimullaha later rose to become PAF ''Boss''.....the IAF pilot taken POW later became an Air Marshal in the IAF......while the surrendered Gnat is preserved at PAF Museum.
Squadron Leader Brij Pall Singh ...as a POW who later became an Air Marshal and AOC Western Air Command.
View attachment 869220

F-104 Pilot F/L Hakim Ullah Khan who went on to become ACM PAF.

View attachment 869221

The IAF Gnat soon after it surrendered at landed at a disused airstrip in Pakistan.

View attachment 869223

The same aircraft now on display in PAF Museum, Karachi.

View attachment 869224

Who cares about gun camera when you can pose in front of Indian supadupa Gnat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom