What's new

Arabs Want France, China as World Superpowers

Introvert

Reaction score
(Angus Reid Global Monitor) - Adults in five predominantly Arab countries are divided on which nation should dominate global affairs, according to a poll by Zogby International released by the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution. 19 per cent of respondents would prefer to have France as the only world superpower, while 16 per cent pick China.

Pakistan is third on the list with 14 per cent, followed by Germany with 10 per cent, the United States with eight per cent, Russia with seven per cent, and Britain with four per cent.

The survey was conducted in Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates. 78 per cent of respondents in the five countries have an unfavourable attitude towards the United States.

In his January 2005 inauguration speech, U.S. president George W. Bush said: "It is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world."

On Feb. 10, Russian president Vladimir Putin criticized U.S. foreign policy, saying, "What is a unipolar world? It implies a single center of power, a single center of force and only one master. (...) Unilateral actions have not resolved conflicts, they have aggravated them."

Polling Data

In a world where there is only one superpower, which of the following countries would you prefer more than the others to be that superpower?

France
19%

China
16%

Pakistan
14%

Germany
10%

United States
8%

Russia
7%

Britain
4%

Generally speaking, is your attitude towards the U.S. very favourable, somewhat favourable, somewhat unfavourable or very unfavourable?

Very favourable
4%

Somewhat favourable
8%

Somewhat unfavourable
21%

Very unfavourable
57%
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewItem&itemID=14714

Does country size matter in order to become a super power and/or dominate global affairs?

Wow, the french, they are the most idiotic bunch around. They would be exactly like or even worse than the americans if they had the capabilities

Size does not matter. There are countries who are the same size as pakistan , If they get there **** togather they can be equaly powerfull as GB, France or any other country in terms of money and Armed forces.

The arabs have enough rescources to become a super power themsleves. But hey pakistan's on the list :D

hoah!!!!!! i didnt think that arabs think that pakistan should be a super power if v get our act togather we can really do this:bunny:

Come on ladies, be realistic!!!!

Pakistan is way beyond becoming a super power, come out from cukoo land!!:disagree:

By the Way, is there a special creteria to be called a super power? If ther is, post it on... I mean GDP, GNP, RESOURCES, ARMED FORCES, NUCLEAR CAPABILITIES ??? any one ??

Come on ladies, be realistic!!!!

Pakistan is way beyond becoming a super power, come out from cukoo land!!:disagree:

By the Way, is there a special creteria to be called a super power? If ther is, post it on... I mean GDP, GNP, RESOURCES, ARMED FORCES, NUCLEAR CAPABILITIES ??? any one ??

No one said that Pakistan is a super power, just implied that they want Pakistan becoming superpower, doesn't necessarily means that it will come true or vice versa.

same can be said about India.

yeah dude calm down just expressing my excitement that they think of us that way
secondly did anyone for all the hoo haa abt india becoming a superpower it is not mentioned here

France is the only country that doesn't deserve to be on the P-5 of the UNSC. Their Laissez Faire attitude isn't the trait of a superpower. Not that its something bad.

yeah dude calm down just expressing my excitement that they think of us that way
secondly did anyone for all the hoo haa abt india becoming a superpower it is not mentioned here

India is not a super power, and wont be for a long time to come, but it does have chance , a good chance at that

i am not saying that india will or wont become a superpower i am just saying for all the discussion all over the world abt it the arabs dont really care for it:chilli:

Actually Kidwaibhai

nobody cares about the Arabs or what they think...Even mushraff doesnt give them two hoots...

Back
Top Bottom