What's new

Arab-Americans

It surprises me because many Singaporeans know Arabs well since Arabs played a key role in Singapore (for a long time Arabs owned most of Singapore) and are one of the oldest communities in Singapore although it is a small community nowadays since most moved to nearby Malaysia and Indonesia where you have millions of locals of Arab ancestry and even communities of "pure" Arabs.

they are Wahhabism agents though. this is very different from the Persian Islam influence as they are to merge the indigenous Indonesian culture with Islamic culture. the arabs are the founding leader of Islamos in Indonesia.

Arab Indonesians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First generation immigrants are referred to as wulayātī or totok. They are a small minority of the Arab Indonesian population. The majority, muwallad, were born in Indonesia and may be of mixed heritage.

Because of lack of information, any of Indonesian scholar mistaken The Arabs of Indonesia as Wahhabism agents, as Azyumardi Azra depicts Indonesians of Arab descent as wishing to purge Indonesian Islam of its indigenous religious elements. Indonesian critics of Arab influence in Indonesia point to the founding of the radical group Jemaah Islamiah (JI) and leadership of Laskar Jihad (LJ) and Front Pembela Islam by Indonesian Arabs

Every people live through good and bad periods. Today the Arab world is going through hardships. After hardships success often follows.

This changes.

Once it was very fashionable in much of Europe to claim Arab ancestry or anything Arab was highly thought of (as you also allude to) and Spaniards, Portuguese, Sicilians, people of Malta, Crete, Cyprus took pride in their Arab heritage etc., many still do, but nowadays it's only about "Muslim this", "terror this" for many non-educated people but whatever. The average human is not exactly a living lexicon so I don't blame them.

Because of Spain being ruled around 700 years under Arab Empire ( Umayyah clan), Spaniard looks a bit Arabic than the rest of European. And it is not surprising that Spain become the major part of Renaissance period in Europe. And it is because of Muslim knowledge that make Columbus find America.

Just want to put how far Muslim knowledge is in the old time

Al-Biruni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 11th century Persian Muslim scholar al-Biruni calculated the radius of the earth to be 3930 miles. He was off by 29 miles.

Alhazen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The earliest cameras were developed in the early 1000s by Ibn al-Haytham.

Abū ʿAlī al-Ḥasan ibn al-Ḥasan ibn al-Haytham (Arabic: أبو علي، الحسن بن الحسن بن الهيثم‎; c. 965 – c. 1040 ce), better known by the Latinization Alhazen or Alhacen[n 1] or as Ibn al-Haytham (ابن الهيثم), was an Arab[9] Muslim[10] polymath and philosopher who is widely considered as one of the most influential scientists of all time. Referred to as the father of experimental physics and modern optics and scientific methodology, he made significant contributions to the principles of optics, astronomy, mathematics,meteorology,[11] visual perception and the scientific method.

Alhazen is regarded to be the first theoretical physicist and he has been the earliest to discover that a hypothesis has the necessity to be experimented through confirmable procedures or mathematical evidence, hence developing the scientific method 200 years before it was approved by Renaissance scientists.[12]

In medieval Europe, he was honored as the "Second Ptolemy" (Ptolemaeus Secundus)[13] or simply called "The Physicist".[14] He is also sometimes called al-Basri البصري) after his birthplace, Basra.[15] He spent most of his life close to the court of the Fatimid Caliphate in Cairo and earned his living authoring various treatises and tutoring members of the nobilities.[16]

Fernando Alonso (Spaniard),

8426836.jpg

Last edited:
The Arab conquest of North America has begun. Now even British Tabloids cannot hold back.:lol:

Arabic is now the fastest-growing language in the U.S. | Daily Mail Online

One day North America will be home to 30-40 million people of Arab descent like Latin America is, if the plots succeed. KSA is obviously behind.
With the Amish being the fastest growing population, America is going to evolve into an Arab speeking, peace loving, Arcadian Amishland.....

I is terrified...:blink:

This is a serious setback on my plot in making a Cosmic Race Adamant Empire....:argh:

they are Wahhabism agents though. this is very different from the Persian Islam influence as they are to merge the indigenous Indonesian culture with Islamic culture. the arabs are the founding leader of Islamos in Indonesia.

Arab Indonesians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First generation immigrants are referred to as wulayātī or totok. They are a small minority of the Arab Indonesian population. The majority, muwallad, were born in Indonesia and may be of mixed heritage.

Because of lack of information, any of Indonesian scholar mistaken The Arabs of Indonesia as Wahhabism agents, as Azyumardi Azra depicts Indonesians of Arab descent as wishing to purge Indonesian Islam of its indigenous religious elements. Indonesian critics of Arab influence in Indonesia point to the founding of the radical group Jemaah Islamiah (JI) and leadership of Laskar Jihad (LJ) and Front Pembela Islam by Indonesian Arabs

It seems to me that you are a person with a hostile attitude not only to Islam but the 450 million Arabs as a whole.

Let me tell you something.

Islam and ALL its main sects originate in the Arab world (Hijaz more specifically). Including Sufism. There is nothing called "Persian Islam". Islam reached Iranians by the hands of Arabs. Everything they learnt about Islam, be they Sunnis or Shias, was transmitted to them through Arabs.

Even when most of Iran under the Turkic/Kurdish/Arab (or whatever they where, they personally claimed Arab ancestry) was forcibly conveyed to Shia Twelver Islam, it could not have happened without imported Shia Arab Mullah's from nearby GCC (Eastern Arabia mainly), Iraq and Lebanon.

Safavid conversion of Iran to Shia Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indonesian Arabs played a very big role in the history of Indonesia and they are the biggest non-native minority of Indonesia. Their importance in the history of Indonesia when it comes to Islam, bureaucracy, trade, science, architecture, art etc. cannot be underestimated.

Sufism was introduced by them too as was Islam itself. It were the Arabs who through the spice trade with Southeast Asia introduced Indonesian/South East Asian spices to the remaining world and made the sea routes famous.

Because of Spain being ruled around 700 years under Arab Empire ( Umayyah clan), Spaniard looks a bit Arabic than the rest of European. And it is not surprising that Spain become the major part of Renaissance period in Europe. And it is because of Muslim knowledge that make Columbus find America.

Just want to put how far Muslim knowledge is in the old time

Al-Biruni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 11th century Persian Muslim scholar al-Biruni calculated the radius of the earth to be 3930 miles. He was off by 29 miles.

Alhazen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The earliest cameras were developed in the early 1000s by Ibn al-Haytham.

Abū ʿAlī al-Ḥasan ibn al-Ḥasan ibn al-Haytham (Arabic: أبو علي، الحسن بن الحسن بن الهيثم‎; c. 965 – c. 1040 ce), better known by the Latinization Alhazen or Alhacen[n 1] or as Ibn al-Haytham (ابن الهيثم), was an Arab[9] Muslim[10] polymath and philosopher who is widely considered as one of the most influential scientists of all time. Referred to as the father of experimental physics and modern optics and scientific methodology, he made significant contributions to the principles of optics, astronomy, mathematics,meteorology,[11] visual perception and the scientific method.

Alhazen is regarded to be the first theoretical physicist and he has been the earliest to discover that a hypothesis has the necessity to be experimented through confirmable procedures or mathematical evidence, hence developing the scientific method 200 years before it was approved by Renaissance scientists.[12]

In medieval Europe, he was honored as the "Second Ptolemy" (Ptolemaeus Secundus)[13] or simply called "The Physicist".[14] He is also sometimes called al-Basri البصري) after his birthplace, Basra.[15] He spent most of his life close to the court of the Fatimid Caliphate in Cairo and earned his living authoring various treatises and tutoring members of the nobilities.[16]

Fernando Alonso (Spaniard),

8426836.jpg

Of course Spaniards, Portuguese etc. have a sizable ancestral Arab/Moorish heritage. You can see that by the fact that numerous common Spanish surnames have an Arabic root or origin. Most Spanish towns/cities also have an Arabic root starting from the capital Madrid.

This is obvious after almost 800 year of interaction, intermarriages etc.

That is why Al-Andalus is considered as an indigenous heritage by Spaniards and they take immense pride in that period. Also 10 World UNESCO Heritage Sites were built by Arabs/Moors and they are to this day some of the most visited tourists attractions of Spain. A country that is the second or third most visited country in the world by tourists if I am not wrong.

Yes, many Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians etc. can easily pass as Arabs and vice versa. In reality this (from a genetic viewpoint) is not bound in Arab Muslim conquest but more ancient connections that go back to the Neolithic period. And let's not forget that the Arab world and Southern Europe are direct neighbors so of course there will be a genetic connection to certain levels.

European anthropologists were aware of this and later genetics, the history of human migrations etc. have proved it:

Mediterranean race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arabid race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With the Amish being the fastest growing population, America is going to evolve into an Arab speeking, peace loving, Arcadian Amishland.....

I is terrified...:blink:

This is a serious setback on my plot in making a Cosmic Race Adamant Empire....:argh:

Most Arabs in the US are Christians so you should not worry too much. Even the Muslim ones are peaceful. I bet that you would not be able to tell an Arab-American apart from a Latino (non-Black ones) from for instance Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia etc.

It seems to me that you are a person with a hostile attitude not only to Islam but the 450 million Arabs as a whole.

hostile what? those articles in Wikipedia were existed waaay before this thread even existed. and you call me some arab haters? oh well, i do dislikes them arabs for murdering my countrymen. i don't hate islam. though i was a muslim myself, never in my life i ever hate a certain religion. religions are meaningless to me.

Islam and ALL its main branches originate in the Arab world (Hijaz more specifically). Including Sufism. There is nothing called "Persian Islam". Islam reached Iranians by the hands of Arabs. Everything they learnt, be they Sunnis or Shias, was taught by them through Arabs.

THIS is the core of Islam spread in Java and it gets bigger further on. we appreciates the Persian for taking our culture into Islam (Shadow Puppet Play and others). and OUR CULTURE is the MOST important for us, neither Islam nor any religions. FYI, the first Islam were introduced in Java by a Persian

Malik Ibrahim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indonesian Arabs played a very big role in the history of Indonesia and they are the biggest non-native minority of Indonesia. Their importance in the history of Indonesia when it comes to Islam, bureaucracy, trade, science, architecture art etc. cannot be underestimated.Sufism was introduced by them too as was Islam itself. It were the Arabs who through the spice trade with Southeast Asia introduced Indonesian/South East Asian spices to the remaining world and made the sea routes famous

nope they aren't. the only thing the arabs got from Indonesia is trade, and they are not even the first Trader to get in contact with Indonesia. it was the Chinese and Indians.

Economic history of Indonesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is the Ancient Architecture art from Indonesia. do you think such structure were made by arabs?

94302f4964de69eb6c4e31da22820d86.jpg

arab has no influence in Indonesia except Wahhabism, it's a fact whether you'd like to deny it or not.

hostile what? those articles in Wikipedia were existed waaay before this thread even existed. and you call me some arab haters? oh well, i do dislikes them arabs for murdering my countrymen. i don't hate islam. though i was a muslim myself, never in my life i ever hate a certain religion. religions are meaningless to me.

THIS is the core of Islam spread in Java and it gets bigger further on. we appreciates the Persian for taking our culture into Islam (Shadow Puppet Play and others). and OUR CULTURE is the MOST important for us, neither Islam nor any religions. FYI, the first Islam were introduced in Java by a Persian

Malik Ibrahim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nope they aren't. the only thing the arabs got from Indonesia is trade, and they are not even the first Trader to get in contact with Indonesia. it was the Chinese and Indians.

Economic history of Indonesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is the Ancient Architecture art from Indonesia. do you think such structure were made by arabs?

94302f4964de69eb6c4e31da22820d86.jpg

arab has no influence in Indonesia except Wahhabism, it's a fact whether you'd like to deny it or not.

Arabs are not murdering any Indonesians. In fact one of the largest Indonesian communities can be found in the Arab world, Mr. Ignorant. Approximately 1-2 million Arabs have South East Asian ancestry. Many local citizens in KSA are of Southeast Asian ancestry!

Are you angry because some Indonesian murderers or drug dealers were executed for breaking local law? Indonesia themselves have executed, recently even, foreign drug dealers.

Don't write nonsense. Islam was introduced by Arab merchants, sailors and rulers to South East Asia including Indonesia. Also there is nothing called "Persian Islam" ( :lol: ). All sects in Islam and Sufism originate in the Arab world.

Arabs controlled the Indian Ocean/Arab Sea trade which connected Indonesia with the remaining world outside the Eastern Asian sphere of influence. Before it was only mostly local trade aimed at that area.

The Arab world is the cradle of civilization and home to the oldest and most famous historical artifacts and monuments. So your point?

Nobody has denied or written anything about pre-Islamic Indonesia not having any history.

Anyway it's obvious that you are a hostile person and cannot look at historical facts objectively and now you are also putting words in my mouth. Reread what I wrote.

Arabs have no hatred for Indonesia rather the opposite most Arabs like Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia etc.) a lot and travel there as tourists.

Anyway I won't waste my time anymore with your nonsense and this thread is about Arab-Americans and I mentioned @Indos a friend of mine and not an Arab-hater like you!

Last edited:
Arabs are not murdering any Indonesians. In fact one of the largest Indonesian communities can be found in the Arab world, Mr. Ignorant.

those are migrant workers, Mr. Ignorant. and yes arabs are killing my countrymen. arabs are the scum of the world. those goddamn goat humping wahhabis.

33 Indonesians currently on death row | Arab News

Death-row Indonesian maid ‘nearing release’ | Arab News

Indonesian domestic worker beheaded in Saudi Arabia | The Jakarta Post

Indonesia protests beheading of migrant worker in Saudi Arabia | The National

Indonesian Migrant Worker Death Penalty Execution in Saudi | LPKN

Don't write nonsense. Islam was introduced by Arab merchants, sailors and rulers to South East Asia including Indonesia. Also there is nothing called "Persian Islam" ( :lol: ). All sects in Islam and Sufism originate in the Arab world.[/QUOTE]

i give no shit about who originates islam or not, nor i am arguing about that in my previous posts.

the Persian brings Islam in a better way than the wahhabis. thank god the wahhabi didn't get their camel smelling hands on our Javanese culture. otherwise there will be no more left other than Wahhabi Puppet Plays.

Wayang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arabs controlled the Indian Ocean/Arab Sea trade which connected Indonesia with the remaining world outside East Asia. Before it was only mostly local trade aimed at East Asia.

are you trying to dismiss India's role on Indonesia's trade? or you didn't know that India is not in East Asia?

The Arab world is the cradle of civilization and home to the oldest and most famous historical artifacts and monuments. Your point?

wow, are you dumb? i'm referring to what you said that arab contributes in indonesia's architecture art while our oldest ancient architecture is of Buddhist's, not arab's. your point?

Anyway it's obvious that you are a hostile person and cannot look at historical facts objectively and now you are also putting words in my mouth. Reread what I wrote.

and this coming from an arab who tries hard to know jack shit about my homeland :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway I won't waste my time anymore with your nonsense.

so do i, mr wahhabimus :sarcastic:

The first Islam of course was introduced in Sumatra as we all know that Aceh sultanate is the first Islamic kingdom in Indonesia since it is the region which is in the trade route. We dont know whether it was Persian or Arab, etc since in the old time, in general they were under Abassiyah or Muawiyah kingdoms (Arabs). Wahhabism itself come later. In the old time, all Muslim scholar learn Tasawuf/Sufism in Baghdad as the main Islamic teaching beside Hadith and others.

@Saif al-Arab

Man, Aramco will invest much in Indonesia. You said that your father is working there. Maybe I can provide some service for that company. :ashamed:

@prima99

You seem full of hatred.

Approximately 1-2 million Arabs have South East Asian ancestry. Many local citizens in KSA are of Southeast Asian ancestry! You don't have a clue of what you are talking about.

Are you angry because some Indonesian murderers or drug dealers were executed for breaking local law or those who are on death row? Indonesia itself has executed, recently even, foreign drug dealers as well.

Who were the eight people executed by Indonesia? | World news | The Guardian

You are once again showcasing your intellect. There are 450 million Arabs. Most are Sunni Muslims while there are also a big Shia Muslim minority as well as millions of Christians and Jews. There is nothing called "Wahhabism". It's the Hanbali fiqh and that is a minority fiqh anywhere in the Arab world even in KSA.

Hanbali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KSA as the cradle of Islam is home to all Muslim sects indigenously as the only Muslim country that I can think of. Meaning that there are significant native Sunnis of all the 4 main madahib (Shafi'i, Maliki, Hanbali, Hanafi), Shias (Zaydi, Twelver, Ismaili) etc. Sunnis (Shafi'i, Hanbali, Maliki, Hanafi) constitute 75-80% of the population!

Who said that? I said that thanks to Arab merchants and the Arab control of the Indian Ocean and Arab Sea Indonesian spices reached the WEALTHIER Arab World/Middle East not to say Europe! You are totally underestimating that due to your bias and hatred.

Are you dumb? I said that Arabs influenced Indonesian architecture and that is true. Indonesian Islamic architecture is heavily influenced by Arab architecture. Only blind people would deny it.

Nobody has denied or written anything about pre-Islamic Indonesia not having any history!

Arabs have no hatred for Indonesia rather the opposite most Arabs like Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia etc.) a lot and travel there as tourists. Also whether you like it those "evil Arabs" are your biggest non-native minority so you need to learn to live with them. They are going nowhere!

Now this thread is about Arab-Americans not silly discussions with people who have only hatred to offer out of nowhere. I am not interested.

The first Islam of course was introduced in Sumatra as we all know that Aceh sultanate is the first Islamic kingdom in Indonesia since it is the region which is in the trade route. We dont know whether it was Persian or Arab, etc since in the old time, in general they were under Abassiyah or Muawiyah kingdoms (Arabs). Wahhabism itself come later. In the old time, all Muslim scholar learn Tasawuf/Sufism in Baghdad as the main Islamic teaching beside Hadith and others.

@Saif al-Arab

Man, Aramco will invest much in Indonesia. You said that your father is working there. Maybe I can provide some service for that company. :ashamed:

I don't know what is the problem with this individual. I never wrote a bad thing about Indonesia or Indonesian nor anything that is not a historical fact. Yet he thinks that I have attacked pre-Islamic Indonesian culture (which I did not even mention with a single word) or that Arabs founded everything in Indonesia. I just said that Arab Indonesians have influenced Indonesia on many fronts and that is undeniable. I think that you and everyone else can read my posts here. He was also the first one who started writing personal insults.

Arabs controlled the Indian Ocean/Arab Sea trade and we know from history that many Arabs settled n South East Asia and that they spread Islam and that many past and present dynasties/royal families are of Arab descent in Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia so it's logically that it was mostly Arabs. This is clearly described in history. Chinese and Indians were obviously also involved but that's another type of migration/trade.

You are most welcome brother. ARAMCO is a very global firm and people from all over the world work for it.

Anyway we have unfortunately gone off-topic with that unfortunate nonsense discussion which is a great waste of time.

Last edited:
@Saif al-Arab

OK, bro you can erase it. Thanks.

I will try to help you to my best abilities. If you need any serious help, we can arrange correspondence outside of this forum. I will gladly help you or anyone else asking for help here. Outside the trolls of course, lol but I will probably help them too if they ask kindly.

I was shocked by this individuals reaction. It came out of nowhere and it was totally unmotivated. I wrote no insults or anything and I have always been a big fan of Indonesia and Southeast Asia as a whole due to various reasons that you know of already. I never wrote a bad thing about Indonesia or Indonesians.

That individuals sole intention was to troll and put words in my mouth and I am not sure why that is. His generalizations were astonishing too. His opinions are based on misunderstandings or maybe he had an Arab bully in Ireland or an Arab girl there broke up with him or whatever. Many people develop strange obsessions/hatred due to events in their personal life. You never know although I have no problem with that individual at all as I do not know him. If he was sitting next to me right now I would offer him a cup of Arabian coffee and we could have a normal talk. I need to stop engaging with trolls and let them drag me down to their level. All my bans are caused due to me replying to such trolls. The same 3-4 Iranians troll in fact.

I am busy as well. Just had one of my last exams this week. Will have 2 in December. Thankfully I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my academic life. It will be good to finally be appointed full-time in some firm. Don't study chemical engineering kids, if you want no stress in your life!

I will try to help you to my best abilities. If you need any serious help, we can arrange correspondence outside of this forum. I will gladly help you or anyone else asking for help here. Outside the trolls of course, lol but I will probably help them too if they ask kindly.

OK, thanks,

I can create PM for that.....

The problem in the business world is that many are cheating and get huge client because of that, on the other hand, we, Muslim entrepreneur, who also can provide similar service cannt do that because of religious restriction.

You took me too serious...:D8-)

My fault. I usually use sarcasm too from time to time but I know that you are a good guy and an informed one based on past discussions with you! Anyway I am sure that I would convince even the most die-hard redneck in Texas that his "prejudices" are largely unfounded. Afterwards we could do some hunting.:rofl: I am a big fan of America regardless of what happens. Politics are dirty as they are. Not the fault of the American people. The Arab world has the most moronic leaders alongside other Muslim and African states (IMO) so we should not point fingers.

Back
Top Bottom