What's new

Anyone using jio 4g ??

dev_moh

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey guys i got the jio sim last week.
i am getting speeds of 5-7 mbps. What is the speed you are getting in your area ??
Free 4g data and calling is awesome.
I am loving it l, what about you guys??
views??

7zfc1ag.jpg

@Abingdonboy @anant_s @Taygibay @Picdelamirand-oil @Vergennes @randomradio @Ankit Kumar 002 @MilSpec @Koovie @Echo_419 @Dash @hellfire @ito @SR-91 @AMCA @DesiGuy1403 @ranjeet @hellfire @fsayed @SpArK @AUSTERLITZ @nair @proud_indian @Roybot @jbgt90 @Sergi @Water Car Engineer @dadeechi @kurup @Rain Man @kaykay @Joe Shearer@Tshering22@Dandpatta @danger007@Didact @Soumitra @SrNair @TejasMk3@jbgt90 @ranjeet @4GTejasBVR @The_Showstopper @guest11 @egodoc222 @Nilgiri @SarthakGanguly @Omega007 @GURU DUTT @HariPrasad @JanjaWeed@litefire @AMCA @Perpendicular @Spectre@litefire @AMCA @Perpendicular@Ryuzaki @CorporateAffairs @GR!FF!N @migflug@Levina@SvenSvensonov @-xXx-@Perpendicular @proud_indian @Mustang06 @Param@Local_Legend @Ali Zadi @hellfire @egodoc222 @CorporateAffairs @Major Shaitan Singh @jha @SmilingBuddha @#hydra# @danish_vij @[Bregs] @Skillrex @Hephaestus @SR-91 @Techy @litefire @R!CK @zebra7 @dev_moh @DesiGuy1403 @itachii @nik141993 @Marxist @Glorino @noksss @jbgt90@Skull and Bones @Kraitcorp@Crixus @AugenBlick @Star Wars @GuardianRED@arp2041 @Aero @The Eagle @PaklovesTurkiye @PARIKRAMA

Last edited:
I don't have Jio. What is the process for getting a sim?

I don't have Jio. What is the process for getting a sim?

All you need is a 4g phone and adhar card.
Go to nearest reliance digital express store.
they will verify your adhar number and your fingerprint and your sim will be activated within 1 hour.

All you need is a 4g phone and adhar card.
Go to nearest reliance digital express store.
they will verify your adhar number and your fingerprint and your sim will be activated within 1 hour.

Thank you. I do have 4g Phone...I should try Jio

Using JIO here in guwahati, definitely better than chortel. Speed hovers somewhere around 2 MBps. Downloaded approx 4 TB of stuff in last 2 months, all in H.D:partay:.
Now they have capped data to 4GB free per day, so I have stopped downloading, internet surfing and internet calls are very smooth, no lag , no buffering.

Calling anyone is a chor and also net speeds are not that great in the morning but good in the nights. Was advised to use JoinJio for the call issue but the app drained the S7 dry in a day not to mention you cant you 3rd party wifi while JionJio is active.

Using Jio since May 2016. Speed in my area is around 15-17 Mbps, but sometimes it goes to 25-34 Mbps! Never faced any coverage issue in Kolkata. In short, Jio is miles ahead of anything available in Kolkata. Very happy with the service. :tup:

Jio music, cinema, live TV, etc. Apps are also very good.

Right now this is the only internet connection I have, disconnected Vodafone data plan and Airtel broadband, and running all devices and computers using mobile hotspot and USB tethering. It's smooth, can even run multiple YouTube videos at the same time. :)

upload_2016-10-10_20-18-44.png

here u can see how my plans got upgraded recently
this screenshot of mine explains the internet packages in india
@4:43 on 20/9 phone was connected to a friends airtel 2mbps plan
@4:47 on 20/9 phone was connected to my newly upgraded airtel 8mbps plan that i was testing

@10:05 on 22/9 i was using airtel 3g lol
@10:06 on 22/9 i tested my new jio sim for comparison which gave me whooping 12mbps
next results are also for jio

what i have noticed about jio is that speed falls down to 2-5mbps which is not good for a 4 g, but but but if u use myjio apps even with 2mbps u can listen songs and watch live stream tv and movies without any lag and in HD quality and works good for youtube @360p..but downloading apps have some issues

i have been informed that after 31 dec jio will b able o provide 20mbps+ in my city
please note that i live in a small city in punjab, but in delhi NCR jio is giving 8mbps-24-35mbps speed where my sis uses it

i am happy with my experience as what i am getting from jio is free it is a blessing while traveling where i watch movies using VR headset....people need to stop complaing that they do get 4g speed they are forgetting that its free u spent 0$
@ito @dev_moh

Last edited:
I have seen speed up to 30-35 MBPS in certain location, other than that you can expect 8-10 MBPS, area distant suburb of Mumbai

people need to stop complaing that they do get 4g speed they are forgetting that its free u spent 0$

Free or not, Jio 4G is much better than any other 4G services at least in my city. I was just pissed off with the mobile data speed of existing operators, before Jio I actually tried every sim in my dual sim phone to find out which one gives a constant decent speed, the answer was none.

Jio will prove to be a great economic multiplier for India.

Going by the list of members you have tagged are you sure Jio is available in Britain, Canada, Australia and Pakistan??:D

Using JIO here in guwahati, definitely better than chortel. Speed hovers somewhere around 2 MBps. Downloaded approx 4 TB of stuff in last 2 months, all in H.D:partay:.
Now they have capped data to 4GB free per day, so I have stopped downloading, internet surfing and internet calls are very smooth, no lag , no buffering.
Its because of people like you they have capped the daily usage of 4g network to 4GB per person.:angry:

Back
Top Bottom